Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2015, 02:13 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Still the names of their heritage. Are the carrying around African names? Nope. Different situation.
Which doesn't mean a thing in 2015, sorry.

The Black hood rat "culture" IS "PWT culture" in most ways. I say that because the Black people who came here as free men and women usually DON'T act like low class fools.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:28 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Right. After slavery and segregation, America is completely incapable of any further widespread injustices against black people. Do you hear yourself?

Furthermore, a lot of black Americans contend police are out of control on all races because many of them are drunk with power over others no matter what their race. It's just easier to get away with abuse of power against black people by pitting whites against them.
Not just "Black" people since 1965.

Old 06-14-2015, 11:39 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
And yet society has rightly judged the police officer as in the wrong and he is now off the force.
Society hasn't judged him wrong.

A lot of people think he was right, including me.

Quote:
Police need to stop overreacting and throwing their muscle around without using their brains...or what little brains they have.
People need to obey the commands of a police officer.

They don't call it law ENFORCEMENT for nothing.

When the cops show up, the time for talking is over when THEY decide its over.

Any resistance to them is AGAINST THE LAW.

And can be punished as a FELONY.

Quote:
Right. After slavery and segregation, America is completely incapable of any further widespread injustices against black people. Do you hear yourself?
I didn't hear myself say that.

Put words in other people's mouths much?

Quote:
Furthermore, a lot of black Americans contend police are out of control on all races because many of them are drunk with power over others no matter what their race. It's just easier to get away with abuse of power against black people by pitting whites against them.
When I hear you and Shankopotomous demand that kids not crash parties and disobey and yell at cops, I'll take you seriously.

They deserved what they got and more.

Spoiled brats!

Old 06-14-2015, 11:47 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Don't crash a private party.

Don't disobey a police officer when he tells to sit, stay, be quiet, etc. Police officers have an absolute right to detain you and sort things out when there is a big fight going on and you are there.
Care to explain why that doesn't apply to armed white people? Search "cops violating 2nd amendment rights" on youtube and you'll see lots of people disobeying the police

Old 06-14-2015, 11:58 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
This guy here is refusing to produce an ID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Gx73R3p1U

This guy here certainly isn't being cooperative. Lucky for him he's not a 12 year old black boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ItrBXkm44

Old 06-15-2015, 01:25 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Care to explain why that doesn't apply to armed white people? Search "cops violating 2nd amendment rights" on youtube and you'll see lots of people disobeying the police
Oh, yes, I know.

The mainstream media constantly talks about how those whites are being "brutalized" by the police.

And the police in question are constantly getting fired or resigning.

Not.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:43 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Society hasn't judged him wrong.

A lot of people think he was right, including me.

People need to obey the commands of a police officer.

They don't call it law ENFORCEMENT for nothing.

When the cops show up, the time for talking is over when THEY decide its over.

Any resistance to them is AGAINST THE LAW.

Put words in other people's mouths much?

When I hear you and Shankopotomous demand that kids not crash parties and disobey and yell at cops, I'll take you seriously.

They deserved what they got and more.

!
And as long as police continue to apply force and punishment disproportional to the given circumstance, officers will continue to have their motives and actions questioned and held under suspicion and even themselves fired and brought to court when possible.

You don't seem to understand that the ability to give orders to citizens does not give you a blank check on what happens to them when you decide they didn't follow your orders correctly.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:16 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Which doesn't mean a thing in 2015, sorry.

The Black hood rat "culture" IS "PWT culture" in most ways. I say that because the Black people who came here as free men and women usually DON'T act like low class fools.
Who are you to say that people's heritages and names don't mean anything? What uncultured, ghetto drivel on your part. You are not African in any way, shape or form. Let me see you tell an Indian or Chinese person that their ethnicities, names etc mean nothing. Bet you wouldn't dare. You people show your bias all day every day.

You are obsessed with hood rat culture. Which is why people's roots and culture mean nothing to you. When you say free so-called blacks, do you mean Africans? That would mean people with their ethnicities/cultures, languages and names in tacked without years of cultural oppression and some color label forced on them.

The same ethnic base that you claim is meaningless is what makes the difference between Africans and some others and those within the underclass here.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:27 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
This guy here is refusing to produce an ID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Gx73R3p1U

This guy here certainly isn't being cooperative. Lucky for him he's not a 12 year old black boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ItrBXkm44

It's clear that many of these people hold extreme biases. This is why people of African origin need to treat them like the plague. Avoid them.

That means not to anything to bring then into these inner city communities. For those in the suburbs, keep it moving. If a stop is wrongful, minimal responses/interaction and keep it moving. When ghetto people like white woman at the pool start fighting, just leave. Keep away from them because the majority of their people will make excuses for their ghetto behavior.

Don't mix and mingle like that. Other cultures do just that. Again, be insular.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:15 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by draketrutta View Post
Thank you for that paragraph. It was refreshing to read your viewpoint and I agree 100%

Your ancestors suffered more than mine (being chained and owned), but mine were immigrant coal miners in NE PA. They lived in company towns, company houses, and had to buy their high priced goods at the company store and suffered discrimination and oppression.

Both sets of our ancestors had TRUE GRIT to work through that and eventually improve their lives and the lives of their children (btw - the male kids also worked as breaker-boys - a.k.a child slave labor).

One thing I always wondered.

Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton (race baiters) always remind us about slavery.
Granted it was a despicable practice by the slave traders.

However, why haven't I heard any disdain from black leaders about the Black slave owners in Africa who auctioned off their "stock" to the evil white slave buyers.

I asked several black folk this question in the past - and I got a "Doe in the Headlights Look".

I'd love to read your opinion.

later
Thank you for the thanks. I will also mention that my dad's maternal line were also coal miners in WV and in VA for about 100 years. Many black people were miners and lived in the camps with the poor white workers and went through the same circumstances. Most of my male ancestors on this line worked from aged 6-7 years old in the mines.

Many Americans fail to realize that black people share commonalities with all Americans. My ancestors were farmers, coal miners, florists, electricians, manual laborers, wash women, cooks, and all sorts of domestics, also teachers, public servants and manufacturing employees and office persons.

On the 2nd part of your response, I don't think it is applicable to present day real world activities. As I have shared earlier, most black people don't consider Sharpton or Jackson as a "black leader." We don't have specific black leaders, but if you want to look into some that I know many black people actually do consider to have leadership potential, you should check out Dr. Umar Johnson and Dr. Boyce Watkins. They are VERY popular on social media with black people but not many white Americans seem to know who they are.

On slavery in Africa, I personally don't feel it is relevant to the history of our country. As stated earlier, I am an American. I don't really care about slavery in Africa. But there are many black people who hold negative views of Africans for that very reason. And I will be honest and state that bringing up "blacks selling other blacks in Africa" is seen by many black people, including myself when engaged in this sort of conversation, as a diversionary tactic by defensive white people who don't want to see that the slavery experience, and ESPECIALLY the legalized discrimination faced by blacks in this country through the 1970s, is not relevant to the present stereotypes and views of black people as a whole. With the "but blacks sold other blacks" you are basically trying to blame Africa for the white supremacist ideology in our country. And so that deer in headlights view you are seeing is probably just a way for them to be nice to you. I will also share that many whites seem to think that black people are extremely ignorant of history. As stated earlier, most black people are pretty well educated in this country. Most black people know more about our history than you do. Of course we know that black people sold other blacks in Africa. When someone tells me that or that "Lincoln was a Republican" or some other silly thing that I already know, I just laugh internally and try not to roll my eyes. As I view this sort of questioning and discussion as another example of white supremacist ideology - the idea that whites know more about the history of slavery than blacks, the assumption that we are ignorant to our own past. Anyone who has watched "Roots" (mentioned earlier in the thread and most black Americans of a certain age have watched it) knows that blacks sold other other blacks in Africa. It is in the first episode!

And the view I shared earlier as well, in regards to my person view that I am from strong ancestors (as you share a pride in your ancestors) is a prevalent and popular mindset amongst black Americans in general. We know that slavery existed. We are not hung up on it like you may think we are. But people like me are realistic and we know that legal discrimination and lack of civil rights for nearly 100 years post slavery is something that affected our families and people who are still alive today. Throughout the thread I have seen people mentioned "no one alive today is a slave" but there are people alive today who were fire bombed during the CRM. There is one lady left alive, who is over 100 years old who was a child during the Tulsa Race Riot where "Black Wall Street" was burned and the black people there were terrorized. Most Americans have heard of the Birmingham bombing in the 1960s that left 4 little girls dead. Five little girls were actually bombed, one was severely injured and is still alive today and didn't even have medical coverage for her severe injuries received via terrorism until the ACA was passed. There are millions of black people alive today who were denied economic advancement in our society based on race and stereotypes of race.

Slavery, in and of itself in many ways is the not the issue and you cannot blame it on Africans in Africa in the 1700 and 1800s. The issue when you want to speak of stereotypes and systematic racism is the fact that systematic racism was indeed the lay of the law in practically every corner of our country until the 1960s/1970s. This system affected and still affects the way people see race today in our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies