Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 03:03 PM

33,511 posts, read 37,034,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
She was a good 20-30 feet away and walking away when the cop went after her and dragged her back.
She was told to leave and shut her mouth several times....20 feet away is not leaving, and she continued to flap her gums.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,268,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I guess this either proves your point or doubles down on it:

BREAKING: Principal LOSES JOB for Defending McKinney Police Officer Casebolt (VIDEO) - The Gateway Pundit

A high school principal in Florida loses his job because he defended the cop on social media.
The Superintendent said he was insensitive and had poor judgement. And then went on to say the schools's core values rely on "common sense behavior".

I had to lol at that.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:04 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,419,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What an extreme jump of emotions here.
Do you know anything about this Principal ?
I know that his school is 87% black and he thinks this was a life threatening situation that justified pulling a gun and wrestling a teen girl to the ground.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:05 PM

9,130 posts, read 5,776,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Some people like to support sexual perversion...understood.
...and some people like to make stuff up.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:07 PM

698 posts, read 585,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Nothing inappropiate about it...The girl was told to leave several times, but kept coming back and trying to incite more trouble...Do you think that because she was wearing a bikini she should be given a free pass?
Standing and/or walking on a public sidewalk and talking are not crimes. The cop had no right to order her to do anything. There was no indication that she was committing any crime and he had no reason or authority to use physical force to detain her. The cop lost his temper and handed out his own version of extra judicial punishment for the "crime" of failing to respect him in the manner he expected.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:14 PM

698 posts, read 585,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
so... back to the cop... how does this affect your opinion of the situation?

Evidently Officer Casebolt, (sp) came to this scene following being at two scenes of suicides. This is from a statement from his lawyer I believe. he was emotional because of that. He recognizes he reacted terribly.

Now my view remains that he caused this situation to spin out of control by his actions. the other 11 cops acted right.
I am glad the one person charged has had the charges dropped.

I also think his resignation was warrented. but this new information does give me pause. I feel terrible for him. I hope he gets his life together.

does this information (provided its accurate) change any bit of your view of the situation?
How is being at the scene of the aftermath of a suicide any excuse to use excessive force on the next person you come into contact with?

Would that also be a reasonable excuse if he had gone home and beat up his wife or kids?

Old 06-10-2015, 03:21 PM

7,443 posts, read 6,982,015 times
Quote:
I know that his school is 87% black and he thinks this was a life threatening situation that justified pulling a gun and wrestling a teen girl to the ground.
Well he's probably relieved to be leaving that school then.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:25 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,586,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
so... back to the cop... how does this affect your opinion of the situation?

Evidently Officer Casebolt, (sp) came to this scene following being at two scenes of suicides. This is from a statement from his lawyer I believe. he was emotional because of that. He recognizes he reacted terribly.

Now my view remains that he caused this situation to spin out of control by his actions. the other 11 cops acted right.
I am glad the one person charged has had the charges dropped.

I also think his resignation was warrented. but this new information does give me pause. I feel terrible for him. I hope he gets his life together.

does this information (provided its accurate) change any bit of your view of the situation?
nope. He is a cop. This is like saying it's okay for a firefighter to destroy your house over a little smoke because he just came from a 5 alarm fire.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:26 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,586,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Well he's probably relieved to be leaving that school then.
yes, I'm sure he is so happy to be out of a job.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,268,389 times
Quote:
Well at least no one is calling him a racist (he's Hispanic).

You plan to use social media to "purge" the country ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies