Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 12:49 AM

20 posts, read 14,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
SAT, if it wasn't Putlin, it would be another despot. The Russians admire so called tough leaders...... they always have. You could probably find some elderly Russians sighing for Stalin. "He wasn't all bad........"...
I never considered Stalin as a despot. We studied about him at school as another governor of the country and not as a despot. It was through him we won the Second World War. The country began developing.
My grandmother told me that when Stalin died, they all went to the funeral and millions cried.
Yes, there were people which displeased with him, but basically they were perpetrators who were not allowed stealing.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:58 AM

61,642 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Wasn't Putin a protégé of Adolph Hitler.
Huh?? He was born in 1952....

Quote:
Hopefully Russian citizens know better. Putin is your biggest impediment to security, prosperity, and freedom.
I think that Putin is still respected, if not revered by most Russians. There are many reasons why they do so.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:15 AM

61,642 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryWiseMan View Post
I never considered Stalin as a despot. We studied about him at school as another governor of the country and not as a despot. It was through him we won the Second World War. The country began developing.
My grandmother told me that when Stalin died, they all went to the funeral and millions cried.
Yes, there were people which displeased with him, but basically they were perpetrators who were not allowed stealing.
Yes, it was under Stalin that the Soviet people suffered the hardly bearable strains of collectivization and industrialization, but he also was a great leader of the humongous Soviet Union - at that time it was the world's strongest superpower! He was a ruler who achieved an almost unprecedented economic miracle of modern times, having made a great industrial and military power out of a dilapidated country.
How could they not be sad when he died?
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/05/op...pagewanted=all

Last edited by elnina; 06-16-2015 at 01:26 AM..

Old 06-16-2015, 01:24 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Wow..........

Stalin's Purges – Russiapedia Of Russian origin

Old 06-18-2015, 12:36 AM

Look at this situation at the other side:
It was Stalin who defeated Hitler. If not Stalin you think you could win the war? While the USA couldn't handle with Japan, russians troops entered in Berlin.

Last edited by VeryWiseMan; 06-18-2015 at 12:56 AM..

Old 06-18-2015, 12:48 AM

I think that the USA invented the myth about Stalin - tyrant because during the Cold War they didn't want to admit that at victory over the worst evil ever they indebted to the russian leader and deathless feat of arms of russian nation.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:59 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
It was Stalin who defeated Hitler. If not Stalin you think you could win the war? While the USA couldn't handle with Japan, russians troops entered in Berlin.
The Russian people bravely fought the nazi's. Millions died during this magnificent effort. But Stalin was a murderous psychopath.

Stalin Becoming Recognized As 'Most Criminal Monster Of All'

Old 06-18-2015, 09:04 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Stalin and the Russian army had something to do with the defeat of Hitler at Stalingrad, but it was also Russia's brutal winter that had a lot to do with it. The German army suffered from starvation and lack of critical supplies that could not be delivered.

When the Russian army entered Berlin, many German citizens escaped because they knew that the Red Army was not going to be very kind to Germans.

Overall, Stalin was nothing more than brutal dictator.

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 06-18-2015 at 09:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies