Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 01:13 PM

13 posts, read 9,190 times

Advertisements

Do people think that legal Muslim immigration
is worth the risk it entails of placing the entire
American way of life in danger? Virtually all
terrorism these days is seemingly carried out
by native American Muslims or their sympathizers.
Has anyone considered that this most odious problem
might be severely curtailed in we stopped
allowing Muslims to immigrate?
This is not generalized message of hate. I'm
aware not all Muslims are terrorists. I just
don't get why my American lifestyle should be run ragged
by a recently arrived immigrant group.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:54 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,990,305 times
If we were to base immigration policy on violence by religious affiliation, bet Catholic affiliated immigrants would be the first religion based immigration policy ban in the USA. We probably experience more murder of our citizens within the USA by those of other religious groups versus those labeled as Muslims.

Old 06-12-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
If we were to base immigration policy on violence by religious affiliation, bet Catholic affiliated immigrants would be the first religion based immigration policy ban in the USA. We probably experience more murder of our citizens within the USA by those of other religious groups versus those labeled as Muslims.
Pray tell, and set me straight, what full-scale and
(as it is hoped by some Muslims) ever-increasing
TERRORISM, not murder or general violence,
has been commited by catholics in our American past?
What jihad-like sentiments were expressed by
to any significant degree by catholics & other Christian religions?
If we were to base immigration policy on violence by religious
affiliation, we'd have to include, as groups to worry about,
protestants and perhaps other religious groups
in America, making, methinks, you're analogy poor.
You seem to be using the hackneyed p.c. immigration
argument that "That's what they said about ______."
In the past, catholics and other disliked Christian
sorts faced damaging prejduice just for esposuing
their beliefs. Today,a minority religious group
is hounding US, the majority, for evidently not
living up to their religious expectations. Give me
an analogy to September 11 for all of American
Catholic/Jewish history.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:41 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times
I'm not aware that my lifestyle is being "run ragged." Most of the bad changes in my life come from politicians who have made poor decisions on dealing with the problem of terrorism.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I'm not aware that my lifestyle is being "run ragged." Most of the bad changes in my life come from politicians who have made poor decisions on dealing with the problem of terrorism.
One might consider "run ragged" a bit overstated, unless of course
during the course of our discussion a dirty bomb is set off or
an American city gets nuked or another Patriot's Day marathon
bomb goes off near you. And the reason for it? America struggles like
perhaps no other country to be tolerant. We have our faults--human nature
is far from perfect--but America's majority religion teaches, if it does
not in fact always practice, tolerance.Yet some people--for the life of me
they are seemingly caught up on the wrong side of a struggle between God and Satan-- hate
us for what we are.

We pour thousands of bucks into anti-terrorist activities. The situtation is
progressively getting worse. Would the Founding Father's have dreamed
America's lifestyle would be markedly changed for the worse by the immigration of
people who for centuries have been at odds with Christianity and the Western
world?

I struggle to get the precise meaning of your sentence "Most of the bad changes
in my life come from politicians who have made poor decisions on dealing
with the problem of terrorism." Can you clarify? Aren't the two related? If
there was no terrorism, politicians would not have that vexing issue
to make poor deicisions about.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:36 AM

832 posts, read 1,417,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkieBoy View Post
Do people think that legal Muslim immigration
is worth the risk it entails of placing the entire
American way of life in danger? Virtually all
terrorism these days is seemingly carried out
by native American Muslims or their sympathizers.
Has anyone considered that this most odious problem
might be severely curtailed in we stopped
allowing Muslims to immigrate?
This is not generalized message of hate. I'm
aware not all Muslims are terrorists. I just
don't get why my American lifestyle should be run ragged
by a recently arrived immigrant group.
The chant of the U.S. since the dawn of the country. Even Germans were considered an odious affliction to the well being of the States. Your post exemplifies how and why terrorist/dictatorships take control. Fear and anger at something different during a down time; followed by copious amounts of control to alleviate those emotions. We all know that emotionally charged people are the loudest.

As hokey as it sounds to haters, the U.S. is a nation formed and united by ideas, not race or religion. Always has been. Hopefully always will be.

So yeah. It's worth it.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:15 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
I am for stopping all immigration and reassess.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:01 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,660,115 times
It is mostly young, nouveau, Rachel Maddow-Chris Hayes, CNN "libs" who cant look beyond their TV or 'blog' to see what the muslim invasion has done to europe in reality. Do we need that here? We cannot sustain what we have currently.

Old 06-13-2015, 12:53 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
I agree keep them out!!!!!! Stop all legal and illegal immigration now until we get our house in order

Old 06-13-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
The chant of the U.S. since the dawn of the country. Even Germans were considered an odious affliction to the well being of the States. Your post exemplifies how and why terrorist/dictatorships take control. Fear and anger at something different during a down time; followed by copious amounts of control to alleviate those emotions. We all know that emotionally charged people are the loudest.

As hokey as it sounds to haters, the U.S. is a nation formed and united by ideas, not race or religion. Always has been. Hopefully always will be.
Your sort of thinking may bring America to ruin. The sylogism you are using seems to be:
The Germans were once considered to be an "odious affliction".
Today muslims are considered by some an odious afflction.
Therefore the ultimate impact of Muslim immigration will be the same as for German immigration.

This is to ignore the vital issue of the differences of VALUES between different immigrant groups. The German immigrants were European Christians. Their bible did not advocate jihad. No one had to watch their places of worship for terrorist activity.The Germans quickly became good Americans.
You write that my post "exemplifies how and why terrorist/dictatorships take control." Please clarify. I'm taking a markedly ANTI-terrorist position in my posts. My feeling is we'll get a dictatorship when lax immi-gration policies--advocated by cliche-mouthing bleeding hearts--create an unliveable mess in America.
You write "We all know that emotionally charged people are the loudest." That sounds like something out of a CNN or CNBC leftist rap session, where gratuitous andcondescending gibes against conservatives go unchallenged.Muslim-created terrorism is and ought to remain an emotional issue. Seeing one's fellow countrymen being killed by terrorism ought ot affect one's emotions, unless one is a robot or a liberal for whom ideological rantings takes the place of normal feelings.
As for our being a nation of ideas, just what are some of these ideas? Cultural and physical suicide
via immigration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies