Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 06:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
They need air from somewhere, unless they can make their own oxygen forever....
oxygen scrubbing technology is almost as old as submarines.

but when you kill the fear of death, you can celebrate the death of fear. i dont fear death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 06:06 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Yup. After the catastrophe it won't matter that you used to be a billionaire. The strong will take what the weak have. Personally, I plan on finding the least painful way to off myself. I'm too old to fight.
Personally, I will force someone else to do it for me.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:23 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,681 times
I'll be either joining the undead as a sort of "smart" zombie, or join up with a roaming gang of cannibals, or perhaps a.secret underground sect of morlocks intent on rising up and killing the sun lovers!!

Old 06-13-2015, 10:06 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,821 times
Hide?

Old 06-14-2015, 02:16 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,234,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
"For the very first time, a modern day Noah’s Ark has opened its doors for an exclusive inside look offering up plans for the ultimate Billionaire bunker and doomsday escape."

Forbes Life

Hmm, but what happens when the first zombie gets in?

Don't believe a word of this Forbes story. A bedroom with one wall being a Sea World sized fish tank? Na. I don't buy it. This is just a cover story for some government project. Remember the US bunker built back in the 50s for Congress? They disguised it as a 5 star luxury hotel and actually ran the hotel like a real business. This is what they're doing now. They know they can't keep this bunker a secret. Heck, it's been in existence for decades. The Russians know about it. But, they can lie about what it's being used for. Think about the incongruities here. Why would billionaires want to live HERE of all places, in the event of a nuclear war?

I definitely wouldn't want to be in the bunker full of the world's leaders and power players who can be eliminated in one millisecond by a bunker busting nuclear device. GROUND ZERO! There is NO WAY this bunker could be secured against a military attack by a superpower level nation. No way. I guarantee you... the Russians and USA and probably even Pakistan and India, have nuclear weapons capable of destroying this bunker. Right now.

If I were a billionaire, I would find a way to secretly build a bunker at the south pole, or on some uninhabited island rock thousands of miles off the beaten track. I wouldn't want to share my bunker with ANYBODY else. This place would be the last place I'd consider living.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:22 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
People really do underestimate the danger posed by a solar eruption destroying our electrical grid, namely our supply of transformers. It would destroy civilization as we know it and take long enough time to recover that a significant percentage of the world's population would perish.

We need a backup supply of transformers stored in a secure location to replace after such an event.

The solar storm of 2012 that almost sent us back to a post-apocalyptic Stone Age | ExtremeTech

" The way an EMP pulse from a CME is much different than that produced by a nuclear weapon detonated in the upper atmosphere. Nuclear EMPs generate a much sharper intense which is quick enough to bypass your over-voltage protection circuits. CME interaction with the earths magnetic field generate a slow, high amplitude pulse, which doesn't affect small amounts of wiring much, but generates huge amount of DC current in very long wires (think cross country transmission lines). Much more than they were designed to handle. It would destroy pretty much every transformer hooked up to the grid, however your home computer would probably be okay as long as you have a surge protector on it. Cellphone and things which reply on ICs would be just fine.That said, yes pretty much all utilities would go down because we rely on electricity from the grid to run cell phone towers, land lines would be cooked, so no phones of any type really unless there is a cross country fiber optics line that doesn't rely on the grid for power."

Old 06-14-2015, 06:33 AM

560 posts, read 1,130,322 times
Outside with my drink and some candy butt naked.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:08 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbyman View Post
This does show some will leave themselves prey for others.......good luck with this one!

Old 06-14-2015, 07:14 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbyman View Post
Thanks for the mental image... I am now officially ill.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:34 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
I've always had a problem with questions stated this way.
If the world indeed comes to an end, that's all folks, that's the end. There is no 'what would you do, where would you go?
Not unless you've got a one way ticket to some other planet and leave the day before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies