Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 03:21 PM

297 posts, read 294,448 times

Advertisements

This is one of my favorite videos: Middle and Upper income Black Americans leave America for South Africa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn5pfdIe9rY

Old 06-14-2015, 03:45 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post

Let's be honest, if the perpetrator in the video was a black man or a black woman, the outcome would be very different (and most would side with the officers). Michael Brown was shot, along with many other black men and women, without hesitation. Do you deny that one's race usually plays a very important role in determining whether or not the police use excessive force? There are so many incidents which seem to suggest that race is ultimately the deciding factor. What are you thoughts?
I guess the White people who have been beaten or shot to death by cops would disagree with you if they were still alive.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:04 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,274,000 times
Quote:
But I guess, in all honesty, people are less likely to care about issues that do not directly impact them. I recall that many white americans were deeply impacted by 9/11. Many of my friends and family however, spent little time thinking about those that died in the towers, because they didn't hold any level of significance to us.

I imagine it's the same w/ police brutality. -It doesn't really impact whites at this time, so most don't care.
What a tasteless comment and as an American (just assuming here) you should be ashamed. As a NE resident who was there to witness this horrible day, it impacted many......white, black, brown. People of all income levels. Many wonderful people lost their lives that day. In our neighborhood alone, six families lost loved ones. My spouse watched a plane hit, people jumping off buildings, buildings collapse. It changed him. Your remarks demonstrate complete selfishness and disregard for anyone but yourself. You are a race baiting troll who is relentless in posting and generalizing.

You should pack your bags and leave for Ghana as soon as possible. Life is too short to be so unhappy. If you've lost confidence in this country, leave. Really think this thread has reached trolling proportions and going to reach out to a mod to close it.

Last edited by Siggy20; 06-14-2015 at 04:12 PM..

Old 06-14-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy20 View Post
What a tasteless comment and as an American (just assuming here) you should be ashamed. As a NE resident who was there to witness this horrible day, it impacted many......white, black, brown. People of all income levels.
I'm initially from the rotten apple (better known as NYC). For the record, I never stated that 9/11 didn't impact others. I brought this up to show that it's human nature to not care about things that don't directly impact you. Since police brutality doesn't impact whites on a massive scale, very few care.

It's important to realize that most black Americans didn't lose any friends/family on 9/11, so it had very little significance to us. Again, I'm just drawing a parallel between the two circumstances.

Quote:
Many wonderful people lost their lives that day. In our neighborhood alone, six families lost loved ones. My spouse watched a plane hit, people jumping off buildings, buildings collapse. It changed him. Your remarks demonstrate complete selfishness and disregard for anyone but yourself. You are a race baiting troll who is relentless in posting and generalizing.
I didn't personally know those people. I'm not wishing any ill will on anyone, I'm just being honest and admitting that it's of no consequence to me. --Again, sort of like how police brutality of black men, women and children is really of no importance and consequence to you.

Quote:
You should pack your bags and leave for Ghana as soon as possible. Life is too short to be so unhappy. If you've lost confidence in this country, leave. Really think this thread has reached trolling proportions and going to reach out to a mod to close it.
I am making my preparations. I truly can't wait.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:31 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Yes if you run from some American police men than that gives him the right to judge them and sentence them to death ...... No need to the fair trial or the judge or jury , just shoot the man who run 44 times and put the hand cuff on the dead man

Old 06-14-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes if you run from some American police men than that gives him the right to judge them and sentence them to death ...... No need to the fair trial or the judge or jury , just shoot the man who run 44 times and put the hand cuff on the dead man
That's the American way. Home of the free.. land of the enslaved --oh wait..

Old 06-14-2015, 06:07 PM

258 posts, read 157,595 times
Quote:
If blacks are fine with the current state of affairs in the U.S., great, but I'm in the midst of making plans to relocate to Ghana for good. The fabulous thing about this world is, if you have the resources and support, you can relocate anywhere.

You're correct on the relocation, although it might take some serious dosh to get somewhere worthwhile like Singapore.

Ghana looks like a bit of a basket case. Super low income per capita, economy largely based on extractive industries, what in the heck is the problem there?

I think I read somewhere that Ghana and South Korea both had essentially the same GDP/capita in 1960, but you can see how they played out differently. Kind of an interesting experiment.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:13 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Did you actually hear any of the audio regarding what she said to the racist white cop, which led him to follow her, and drag her back to the original area where she was initially standing? I didn't hear her say anything directly to him.

Anyhow, I don't believe that's the real reason why he chose to abuse her, and not the other girls. I believe he hated her the most, due to her darker color. It's well known that much of the police depts. throughout America are filled with klan/white supremacists.

I could barely hear the police saying "get out of here" to all of them. For some reason, she and the other girls kept hanging around instead of getting much farther away from the policeman while they were handcuffing the guys or walking from one seated guy to the next. It is never good to hang around when police come unless you're the one being detained or told to stop. Otherwise, clear the area so that you don't get inadvertently caught up in an unexpected melee especially because fists and bullets won't discriminate.

I couldn't hear what she said, she was too far away to be picked up by the person recording but instead of just leaving she apparently had a comment because the officer responded at that point to her only and did not tell all the girls to "GET ON THE GROUND!"

Again, he was already out of control like a maniac. Her saying something to provoke a crazy person adds fuel to a fire. While it's true that at her age, she could not have known this. However, at her age she should known that a Policeman is not one of her peers and she is to do what she had been instructed the first time which was to LEAVE the immediate area (go back and stand across the street where she went the first time at 01:28). Once she was caught, it was not more persuasion, she was to do what she was told: lay down. She refused to lie down because she still thought that it was optional but it wasn't anymore. Even calling for her mother could not help her at that point because she was being detained by the officer. I thought she was going to be taken in custody but thankfully she was not.

Had she left when she was first told to she would not have had such a traumatic experience in this situation regardless of her dark skin because he never told the Black girls to get on the ground, only the Black boys. He told the girls to "GET OUT OF HERE!" or "GET YOUR %%^^% a$$ OUT OF HERE!" If a man with a gun was talking to me like that, he wouldn't have to tell me twice whether I liked how he said it or not. My life is more valuable to me than hanging around to tell off a rude, maniacal policeman.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:15 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default True

Quote:
But I guess, in all honesty, people are less likely to care about issues that do not directly impact them. I recall that many white americans were deeply impacted by 9/11. Many of my friends and family however, spent little time thinking about those that died in the towers, because they didn't hold any level of significance to us.

I imagine it's the same w/ police brutality. -It doesn't really impact whites at this time, so most don't care.
Exactly, VERY TRUE. Although it does happen, police brutality is not an epidemic among Whites. Consequently, it doesn't impact the general White population so they do not care in the sense of fearing it could happen to them or one of their loved ones. Black people realize the possibility is there for it to happen to them even if they are not belligerent/non-compliant because there are many cases where it has happened historically.

Now over the past 3 years, that has not been the case for the overwhelming majority of stories that have hit the media. Those were Blacks whose own negative actions opened the door for what would turn tragic but all of which could have been avoided had they used common sense. What is worse, that when Blacks with a platform in which other Blacks will listen to them (Sharpton, Jackson, local leaders), promotion of basic COMMON SENSE is still not done or encouraged. Which is the better route: a large march after someone has been killed by police or a person not putting themselves in a position for that to legally happen in the first place?

Last edited by Klassyhk; 06-14-2015 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 06-14-2015, 07:09 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Reading comprehension is a must. I posted a video showing a white man physically punching two officers, as they attempt to arrest him, but for some reason, neither officer chooses to use deadly force against the white thug. I thought officers shoot to kill when they are attacked and threatened.
You are certainly wrong. They shoot to kill, when they decide that shooting is required, but there is not one generic scenario that occurs every single time a cop feels threatened, no matter what the color of the victim.

I thought race-baiting threads were not allowed here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies