Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 10:52 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I'm focused on the claim made by the OP and his link.

Along with Republican govenors for purposefully not expanding medicaid that would cause more people to have insurance.

You don't understand cause and effect. When you do everything in your power to make sure ACA doesn't work, it's not surprising that it doesn't work like it's supposed. But fortunately you and your ilk are sheep so they keep pulling wool over your eyes while not offering any viable solutions.
Ahh, the new Democratic lie that keeps on giving. That only covers less than 10% of the uninsured numbers left, and it was NEVER sold to add everyone to Medicaid.

Try a new lie.. that ones getting very very old..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 10:53 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Is that not what you started doing to this thread....
No I asked the OP to quantify the claim he made and his article makes. His link and ascertion is that liberals are in la la land and think ACA is "fine and dandy". I am simplying wondering how that conclusion was reached since it's the basis of the opinion piece and the OP.

...Generally the opening paragraph sets the tone for the entire article. Pghqest took the last sentence of my response and twisted it.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:53 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Obamacare isn't the puppies and rainbows supporters claimed it would be and it's not the doomsday scenario that opponents claimed it would be either.
This. ^^ It's done a lot of good things, but it's not perfect by any means. Leftists will admit the second part of that statement but rightists will absolutely not admit to the first part.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:55 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Signed, obama....
LOLOL. That's cute, you are ignorant about the structure of the government. It takes republicans working with Obama to fully implement ACA and did that happen?

Old 06-13-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Obamacare isn't the puppies and rainbows supporters claimed it would be and it's not the doomsday scenario that opponents claimed it would be either.
In reality, all it did was change who was insured while increasing standards for coverage, and costs.. It didnt really fix anything.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:58 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This. ^^ It's done a lot of good things, but it's not perfect by any means. Leftists will admit the second part of that statement but rightists will absolutely not admit to the first part.

Yup. I consider myself on the right and it was a step in the right direction. If the Supreme Court rules the tax subsidies invalid, the GOP should use that as leverage to make the law better. Hell, they should cut a deal where they restore the subsidies and get their reform ideas into the law and throw in the Keystone pipeline as a sweetener.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
LOLOL. That's cute, you are ignorant about the structure of the government. It takes republicans working with Obama to fully implement ACA and did that happen?
As the famous poster once said
Quote:
Well when you can't lead, all you can do is complain.
Who am I to argue..

Old 06-13-2015, 10:59 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
No I asked the OP to quantify the claim he made and his article makes. His link and ascertion is that liberals are in la la land and think ACA is "fine and dandy". I am simplying wondering how that conclusion was reached since it's the basis of the opinion piece and the OP.

...Generally the opening paragraph sets the tone for the entire article. Pghqest took the last sentence of my response and twisted it.
Exactly, you are focusing on 1 problem presented, not the rest....

Old 06-13-2015, 11:00 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
I know that some people are benefitting but everyone in my family has been harmed significantly by Obama I don't care.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:00 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
ObamaCare's supporters would like everyone to believe that with Healthcare.gov now functioning, everything is just fine and dandy.
That's not true. It really hurts your position when you start off with a lie. But please, provide some information to quantify your opening statement.
So you're saying that even Obamacare supporters think it isn't working, nice to see you admit it for a change.

Quote:
Far righties tactic.... Pick and choose a sentence in a response to focus on then twist and put words in their mouth. Bravo.

Obama isn't a failure, but he isn't a good leader.
That's rich considering that's exactly what you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies