Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 05:55 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
BBM~~

So you as a responsible gun owner are just fine with straw men and illegal gun trafficking as long as you can keep YOUR NAME out of a data base... IF so..please don't scoff nor lament about those Thugs gaining access to firearms illegally transported across State lines to get into the hands of evil doers.. Lack of mechanism to trace firearms lends power to illegal ownership of killings tools!!

Absolutely no one will take guns away from" law abiding citizens''and IF any Law abiding Citizen doesn't declare purchasing and don't report lost or stolen firearm needs to be also held accountable if same gun is used in a killing or found to be in possession of a felon...

If anyone want's to look at this issue..Just look at what Aaron Hernandez did..Purchased guns..transported them via car purchase transported to home ( all legal) but then funnel's them into felon's hands to do murders.... Legal Hand's get tied to stop such things unless and of course..someone gets murdered..It's a messing business indeed..all in the name of 2nd Amendment Rights <sarcasm intended
Unenforceable laws causes your lament.

But go ahead and stigmatize a right to curb your fear.

No such thing as trafficking a legal product. Laws exist on the books regarding straw purchasers.

Enforce those. New laws are meaningless and are just knee-jerk reactions to an unfortunate event that in reality solve nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 05:56 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
BBM~~

So you as a responsible gun owner are just fine with straw men and illegal gun trafficking as long as you can keep YOUR NAME out of a data base... IF so..please don't scoff nor lament about those Thugs gaining access to firearms illegally transported across State lines to get into the hands of evil doers.. Lack of mechanism to trace firearms lends power to illegal ownership of killings tools!!

Absolutely no one will take guns away from" law abiding citizens''and IF any Law abiding Citizen doesn't declare purchasing and don't report lost or stolen firearm needs to be also held accountable if same gun is used in a killing or found to be in possession of a felon...

If anyone want's to look at this issue..Just look at what Aaron Hernandez did..Purchased guns..transported them via car purchase transported to home ( all legal) but then funnel's them into felon's hands to do murders.... Legal Hand's get tied to stop such things unless and of course..someone gets murdered..It's a messing business indeed..all in the name of 2nd Amendment Rights <sarcasm intended
Wasn't he the one who pulled the trigger?

Somewhere in the hearts of men lies evil.

Our society when it was formed determined a means for instrument ing evil was to be protected.

Guns are a means to evil.

Tracking and tracing does not stop the evil.

Control those protected means results in a lot of evil. The evidence is the murders,killings,crucifixions of those who do not have the means to protect themselves much less the next town over.

God created men. Smith and Wesson made them equal? There is an equality the left will not talk about.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:00 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Our government embracing and assisting in the trafficking of firearms into Mexico is illegal too. Both in the US and in Mexico. It lead to the death of a Border Patrol agent. Where is your outrage over this?

Old 06-13-2015, 06:15 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Default Criminal Stats

Most States have laws are in place for sales, distribution and transfer of ownership from dealer to end user. End users must fill out paper work if there is a private sales and must go thru a dealer.

Anti gun people must think there is no laws on the books to govern these transactions. Most of these anti gun people must live in a ivory tower and real life sort never meets their reality. Armed citizens trained and permitted properly is in most cases the cause of a life threating incident.

Most people would be amazed how many criminals carry conceal in the Mall nears to you. How many Islamic Radicals are just waiting to commit a act or terrorism. Even on our own Government there are those who think a unarmed citizen is best for the purposes of control and to implement policy that vou the tax paying citizens may not approve.

There is many angles why some would prefer to unarm America.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:31 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
BBM~~

If you want to decrease illegal gun trafficking, you don't continue to lower the legal status of guns. Prohibition of items does not work; it strengthens illegal trade of these items. Legalization and lax regulation are smart.

And yes, I do believe a minimal amount of regulation should be used. I think a gun license should be a thing (though I would reduce the penalty to owning a gun without a license to possible confiscation of firearm and a very small fine) to show that you understand how to work a gun properly but do not believe that they should be difficult to get. Outside of that, what else is there? Banning certain guns is pointless. Making assault rifles illegal only increases the demand of illegal trade. This is how literally all illegal substances work. The same logic applies to drugs as well.

With that, I've lost all my friends. Liberals who oppose gun rights immediately dismiss my view and conservative dismiss it as I said something that wasn't negative about drugs. Oh well. To the intelligent people who can hear and consider opposing arguments, hopefully some on the fence liberals will see that gun regulations are far too idealistic to be effective. As you said, the gun trade is a thing and a problem, but let's look at the history of illegal trade: increasing the prohibition tends to have the opposite of the intended effect.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:42 PM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Don't worry this will not pass on the federal level, the states will proceed with their own legislation some will be very weak while others will be strong. Don't let that stop you from getting excited.

Three NYC policemen killed with guns from Georgia a state with very weak gun laws, begs the question of why they need to import guns from GA if strict guns laws won't work.

I know, I know criminals will always get guns so let's make it as easy as possible.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:45 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Anytime you want to increase gun sales across the board, threaten gun laws and gun bans. This is the fastest way in the world to arm Americans who otherwise wouldn't consider owning a firearm. Obama has been the greatest firearm salesman in the history of this country.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:47 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
Each time a person buys a gun from a dealer, there is a background check performed through the NICS system, the dealer will require two forms of identification, one of which has to have your picture on it.

Also when I got my carry conceal permit, I was fingerprinted for the second time in my life, 1st time was for my job: and the 2nd time was for the Carry Conceal Permit. And it was done by police officers at the local police station, and those fingerprints were sent to the FBI as well.

This is just feel good measures, it will not stop any real crime. Since almost every person who buys a gun, and gets a carry conceal permit does not commit a crime.

New gun control demand: Photos, fingerprints, background check before handgun purchase | WashingtonExaminer.com

What a crock, especially the "purchasing" (often just a simple transfer) from family members. The problem isn't that licensed citizens are buying guns legally, but the left don't even care about that--they're 100% averse to guns owned legally by the public. That's why they're slowly encroaching onto our property and attempting to dictate what we do in our own homes with respect to guns.

BTW, I bet I'm not the only one who chuckled at that article's quote about how these new regulations will (yawn) decrease crime. Lol. Like Cuomo's S.A.F.E. Act has in NY (especially NYC)?

Not only the world is laughing at us. Now the criminals are, too.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:48 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Anytime you want to increase gun sales across the board, threaten gun laws and gun bans. This is the fastest way in the world to arm Americans who otherwise wouldn't consider owning a firearm. Obama has been the greatest firearm salesman in the history of this country.
Very true.

A gun control liberal nut is a gun dealers best friend.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:06 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Unenforceable laws causes your lament.

But go ahead and stigmatize a right to curb your fear.

No such thing as trafficking a legal product. Laws exist on the books regarding straw purchasers.

Enforce those. New laws are meaningless and are just knee-jerk reactions to an unfortunate event that in reality solve nothing.
Sorry..It's not myself who laments Gun issues..I live in Canada where we have a VERY tight Control of gun ownership...So no lamenting on my part at all!!

I was referring to those on so many threads post mass murder..as well as senseless murders committed by well known "Threats" long list of charges and get OUT..then later come back to cause mass murder, mayhem and costing Police officer's their lives..simply because of ACCESS to those under the radar firearm sale's.....Thankfully..lessening THAT threat level would Help:roll eyes: ...But my whole point was way beyond what you got out of my original post..But hey..Keep your gun close to your chest..and don't complain about those not so careful or have an agenda to make$$ trafficking same item...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Wasn't he the one who pulled the trigger?

Somewhere in the hearts of men lies evil.

Our society when it was formed determined a means for instrument ing evil was to be protected.

Guns are a means to evil.

Tracking and tracing does not stop the evil.

Control those protected means results in a lot of evil. The evidence is the murders,killings,crucifixions of those who do not have the means to protect themselves much less the next town over.

God created men. Smith and Wesson made them equal? There is an equality the left will not talk about.
BBM~~ Well when Evil Visits the village..and no ability to track or trace their tools will be on folks who are too scared to allow that ability..But folks will still blame Government for lack to security or stopping such violence:roll eyes: ...GMAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Don't worry this will not pass on the federal level, the states will proceed with their own legislation some will be very weak while others will be strong. Don't let that stop you from getting excited.

Three NYC policemen killed with guns from Georgia a state with very weak gun laws, begs the question of why they need to import guns from GA if strict guns laws won't work.

I know, I know criminals will always get guns so let's make it as easy as possible.
BBM~

I'm not excited about anything..I'm now terrified to even cross the border just 60 miles from me..given what get's spewed by some who think Guns equate freedom..ALL I have witnessed almost daily just what these
God Given Right//whoops Constitutional Right are causing....I have no fear where I live, so, as I'm sure you would receive as Good News..won't be visiting anytime soon

Please not my underlined words do NOT equate!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies