Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 07:16 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,509 times

Advertisements

Women DO cry alot at work though...and it has nothing to do with suppressing their intelligence and all that other hogwash. Its simply a reflex women have developed due to the fact that we coddle baby girls. So they are conditioned from the time that theyre infants that their crying matters...alot...women are conditioned from early on as little girls to recognize that when they cry, things get fixed...or at least attended to.

Research has shown time and time again that baby girls are given far more affection when they cry and that there is a far different response when they cry versus when baby boys cry.

I know of no less than 3 grown women who have told me directly that theyve cried at while doing the job that I do. Ive personally seen my Supervisor cry twice at work after she was given a poor evaluation and another time when she was placed in a somewhat high pressure situation. I know of several other accounts of women walking in on each other crying in the bathroom; done an attempt to hide their crying.

I can honestly say that Ive never seen a man cry at work. Obviously this is because, conversely, any young boy seen crying is usually told to man up, or soldier up, or walk it off or some other similar tough talk. And so boys are trained to disregard their emotions and seek solutions to their own problems..Thats just the way the world works.

Last edited by soletaire; 06-16-2015 at 07:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 07:25 AM

258 posts, read 157,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Women DO cry alot at work though...and it has nothing to do with suppressing their intelligence and all that other hogwash. Its simply a reflex women have developed due to the fact that we coddle baby girls. ...
Assuming that women cry at work more then men (probably a reasonable guess), just why do you think that's the reason?

Old 06-16-2015, 07:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon X Seaworthy View Post
Assuming that women cry at work more then men (probably a reasonable guess), just why do you think that's the reason?
Because women and men ARE different. And we don't know all that make up men vs women.

Society has spent much time and effort in trying to put us all in the same sized cog wheel.
We are not identical widgets all cut from the same cloth.

We really need to just accept it rather than fight it and then deny it when mentioned.

There's nothing wrong about it; there's nothing unfair about it.
Everyone has their potential. So strive for that.

Women tend to get emotional while men tend to get angry.
A woman might cry if given a bad review while a man might yell if given a bad review.

It's just the way it is. So why do we spend so much time denying it and fighting it ?
In reality we're really not fooling anyone but ourselves.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:10 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because women and men ARE different. And we don't know all that make up men vs women.

Society has spent much time and effort in trying to put us all in the same sized cog wheel.

We really need to just accept it rather than fight it and then deny it when mentioned.

A woman might cry if given a bad review while a man might yell if given a bad review.

It's just the way it is. So why do we spend so much time denying it and fighting it ?
No one said men and women are same but we are similar.
A lot of gender specific behavior are learned.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:

I'll certainly agree that in the aggregate, they are different. You're bound to have some overlap in behavior. As to why that is, I'm unconvinced. Upbringing? Brain construction? Hormones? Physical construction? 100 other things?

In business (or life), it's probably safest to just assume that there's a difference and leave the explanations out of it. lol, of course, you can't say anything about it.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
No one said men and women are same but we are similar.
A lot of gender specific behavior are learned.
Just how many exactly?

Old 06-16-2015, 08:38 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon X Seaworthy View Post
Just how many exactly?
I am not going to go over everyone because that takes so long.
For example, people say that men have a natural drive to provide for their mate and offsprings.
Yet we see a lot of deadbeats dad and childfree on the rise in past seventy years.

They said Women could not be funny.
Yet Golden girls,mean girls,and bridesmaids were very successful.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:00 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Women DO cry alot at work though...and it has nothing to do with suppressing their intelligence and all that other hogwash. Its simply a reflex women have developed due to the fact that we coddle baby girls. So they are conditioned from the time that theyre infants that their crying matters...alot...women are conditioned from early on as little girls to recognize that when they cry, things get fixed...or at least attended to.

Research has shown time and time again that baby girls are given far more affection when they cry and that there is a far different response when they cry versus when baby boys cry.

I know of no less than 3 grown women who have told me directly that theyve cried at while doing the job that I do. Ive personally seen my Supervisor cry twice at work after she was given a poor evaluation and another time when she was placed in a somewhat high pressure situation. I know of several other accounts of women walking in on each other crying in the bathroom; done an attempt to hide their crying.

I can honestly say that Ive never seen a man cry at work. Obviously this is because, conversely, any young boy seen crying is usually told to man up, or soldier up, or walk it off or some other similar tough talk. And so boys are trained to disregard their emotions and seek solutions to their own problems..Thats just the way the world works.
Women where I work have commented that they enjoy working around men more than working around other women. They say there is a lot less drama, and pettiness when working with men.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:08 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:

Men are easier to work around. When I worked around a lot of women, I almost needed a little black book to write notes about all the women. I'd have to make mental notes, like:

• Sarah has a big sexist chip on her shoulder, don't ever tell jokes around her
  • Jill swears worse than a truck driver, and loves jokes
  • Penny will not tolerate and any slang or curse words at at all
  • June is always looking to file sexist complaints, she will take everything out of context, just avoid her like the plague
  • And never, ever, ever look at Barbra for more than three seconds, she will accuse you of ogling her, even though she always dresses sexy.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:11 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Typical scientist: brilliant in his field, totally clueless when it comes to social norms and behavior.
If you have worked with lots of them you know how true this can be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies