Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 11:27 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,769,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Its different from Jenner, because Jenner is not misrepresenting himself -- everyone knows he was born male and became female.

You have the right to identify any way you like, but if you are going to say that you are black when you are not, don't be surprised if people call you on it.
Bruce Jenner is a male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 11:28 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I think that I might start writing "African-American" where it asks for race on forms.
You can now I get your genetic geography through dna testing. You might have some africa in there.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:29 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
She got on the racial victimhood gravy train and had to play the part.

Simple as that.

Leftists are all liars and thieves.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:30 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Why can't rachel dolezal be trans race and identify as black?

Very easy answer:

• If others follow suit, it completely destroys the left wing/progressive/liberal racial spoils/entitlement system which their power depends upon.
  • If even a small percentage of Whites started to identify themselves as Black, the entire entitlement system of special rights and priviledges granted to the Black race falls apart.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:30 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I think that I might start writing "African-American" where it asks for race on forms.
Why?

The purest American is a mutt after all. We should just be called Americans, since we are the most unique people in the world.

There's no choice on a form for me if I were to be PC anal. I'm a Slavic-Italian-Mexican-French-African American... in that order. I prefer American.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:38 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Racial Affirmative Osmosis in Action.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:48 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
The problem with Rachel Dolezal is not that she identified as being black, or was a leader in the NAACP. Its her taking advantage of opportunities that are given to the very same people who's rights she was fighting for. Identifying with another race is far different from what she did. She knowingly pretended to be someone she is nor will ever be. She seriously damaged the credibility of her chapter of the NAACP, and embarrassed the organization as a whole. If she previously benefited from scholarships because she claimed she was black when in fact she is not then that is fraud, and she should either pay back the money, or face incarceration. She could have still done all she has previously done WITHOUT living this lie.
You win the internet with this one. Wholeheartedly agree.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:53 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Exactly. Nobody cares what you call yourself in your private life, but she should not be surprised that dishonesty doesn't work well when you are in the public arena.
The problem is the lies like how she was brought up. Genetically she looks like she could be black could that be a show like her lies, perhaps but much harder to prove.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:11 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The problem is the lies like how she was brought up. Genetically she looks like she could be black could that be a show like her lies, perhaps but much harder to prove.
What exactly is her lie?

There are no tests for racial origin in the USA. Those were all made illegal long ago. US Law lets people declare themselves to be any race they like.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:14 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,687,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So only "real" black oeople can lead the NAACP? Should Jenner be barred from positions in women's groups because that would take away opportunity from real women?
I did not say that only "real" black oeople can lead the NAACP. A person of any race could lead the organization. The fact that she LIED about her race in order to attain benefits intended for minorities when in fact she is not is the real issue here. She could have very well been a leader in the organization without having to portray herself as something she is not. Once again you can and should be able to identify with whom or whatever group you choose to. It becomes a different (and possibly criminal) matter when you try to pass yourself off as a member of that group. If an able bodied person identifies with the difficulties of physically challenged people in America that person has every right to be a spokesperson for that group, but it becomes a far different matter when the person uses a wheelchair JUST to attain a handicapped parking pass. That person is committing fraud and could be arrested. The previous example was ONLY used to illustrate a point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies