Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 10:20 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times

Advertisements

This woman stepped down as president as the NAACP after she was outed as being white. She made herself look black and is very passionate about black rights. She has refused to identify her race, but taken this on as her identity. How is this so much different from Jenner? Should you be allowed to identify as another race?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 10:28 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
Why not? When nothing matters as to right and wrong anymore, what difference does it make? While I'm black, aren't we all, originally, from Africa? That's what the anthropologists tell us.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:34 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,180,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
How is this so much different from Jenner? Should you be allowed to identify as another race?
Its different from Jenner, because Jenner is not misrepresenting himself -- everyone knows he was born male and became female.

You have the right to identify any way you like, but if you are going to say that you are black when you are not, don't be surprised if people call you on it.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:34 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Because by lying about being black all these years, she has taken certain benefits away from a true minority person.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:37 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times
its not like dog breeds. Race does not exist, at least biologically.

But Race is a brand like "Cheerios" or "Tide". As such, I do not agree that you are free to choose your own race. You are of a certain race not only based on your identiy and feeling but the perception of others.

I.e. Rachel was black until society changed its mind, and now she isn't anymore.

Quote:
This woman stepped down as president as the NAACP after she was outed as being white. She made herself look black and is very passionate about black rights. She has refused to identify her race, but taken this on as her identity. How is this so much different from Jenner? Should you be allowed to identify as another race?

Old 06-15-2015, 10:38 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
So trans people need to announce to everyone they are trans or else they are lying?

Old 06-15-2015, 10:40 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
No one said she can't. She can do what she wants to do.

I will mention, I find it odd that every thread and everything I read about her someone is mentioning people being outraged she can't identify as black or asking "why can't she" when she did and no one I know IRL gives a crap about it or they think it is funny.

I think only people who watch TV news too much are "into" comparing her to Jenner because the media is telling them to do so.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Because she is in denial. She colored her skin, got a bad perm, found a Black guy to impersonate her father.

You can't even compare her to Jenner.

She still won't admit she's White. She really thinks she's Black.
That's not coming out, that's not self-identifying. That's something that needs counseling so she can accept her Whiteness and move on with her life. If she want to admit she's White but identifies with Black then that is fine. But she's not doing that.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
No one said she can't. She can do what she wants to do.

I will mention, I find it odd that every thread and everything I read about her someone is mentioning people being outraged she can't identify as black or asking "why can't she" when she did and no one I know IRL gives a crap about it or they think it is funny.

I think only people who watch TV news too much are "into" comparing her to Jenner because the media is telling them to do so.
But she's not doing that though. She jumped through an awful lot of hoops to "be Black" and she was not honest about it.

She didn't try to "identify" as being Black; she altered herself to actually come across as Black.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:45 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Because by lying about being black all these years, she has taken certain benefits away from a true minority person.
Why should Big Brother and Big Sister sit in judgment at all??; carrying your logic a bit further -- those "benefits" and "rights" are furnished at the expense of somebody else, and the Politically Correct cheer the loudest when that person is a mature white male.

It's not about "justice" ... it's about vengeance, at a not-too-significant, but very petty level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies