Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 09:14 AM

50,773 posts, read 36,474,703 times

Advertisements

If people actually read the article, he read it to make a little crying boy feel better. He was called "Gay" on the playground and was in tears. I'm sorry for all of us if people are no adamant that they don't want teachers who care about kids. "Just stick to the approved script!!", right?

Old 06-19-2015, 01:20 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
If people actually read the article, he read it to make a little crying boy feel better. He was called "Gay" on the playground and was in tears. I'm sorry for all of us if people are no adamant that they don't want teachers who care about kids. "Just stick to the approved script!!", right?
I read that article and others concerning this case. No, I do not want teachers who refuse to follow reasonable rules required of them by their school district. Nor do I want a teacher who has made it clear in numerous interviews that he is more concerned about not being able to push his agenda than his love of children. Requiring teachers to provide a list of classroom presented reading material is not a reason for a teacher to resign.

Old 06-19-2015, 05:49 PM

8,043 posts, read 10,634,161 times
I think it's pretty simple. This teacher did not demonstrate good common sense or judgement period. In order to keep my job, I have to work within the guidelines established. It doesn't matter what I think personally or what I believe in or do in my personal life outside of work. If you want to be able to do that, you need to work for yourself. I see a lot of instances of a lack of proper behavior between teachers and students these days, usually reflecting poor judgement on the teacher's part, and that's unfortunate. No wonder a lot of people, if they can, are homeschooling. Thank God my kids are now grown. But it makes me sad, because my public school education years were some of the best days of my life, and I know I speak for a lot of people. We rarely knew about our teacher's personal lives or political leanings - we didn't need to know that. They were there prepare to us academically only. Parents are the ones with the right to instill the principles and beliefs in our own children, it is not the teacher's place. In this instance, I would be extremely angry that someone read this ridiculous story to my child, and I would absolutely make no bones about it.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:34 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I read that article and others concerning this case. No, I do not want teachers who refuse to follow reasonable rules required of them by their school district. Nor do I want a teacher who has made it clear in numerous interviews that he is more concerned about not being able to push his agenda than his love of children. Requiring teachers to provide a list of classroom presented reading material is not a reason for a teacher to resign.
What agenda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies