Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2015, 12:56 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Most clueless post so far.
I readily recognize your expertise in being clueless, it just don't have anything to do with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 01:03 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,010,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Obama is the ultimate do-nothing president. All that's happened under his watch has been a massive increase in the national debt and an asset / stock market bubble. We might as well just replace Obama with a machine that gives speeches and signs any spending bill that reaches his desk. What a joke this guy has been. There has zero decrease in the rate of decline of this country under his watch; in fact, this country is going to Hell at a faster rate than ever before.
I wish it was 7 years of do nothing. He's been incredibly destructive, from Obamacare to his war on coal. The coal industry is teetering on the brink. Economically we are stalled at best (1st quarter GDP actually contracted), record numbers not in the labor force. Racially more divided than ever. Foreign policy is a laughingstock. He's strained relationships with allies and pandered to enemies. He's been a disaster.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:07 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
I think domestically the FED has taken actions where administration failed and like polls show foreign policy is one big failure. From Bosnia to Ukraine I think EU projection of power is not up to the challenge facing them with US shifting eastward. Poland and other states in the Balkins see EU has no more able to contain stability than in 1939. That is the reason for the armaments shift there clearly.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:00 PM

30,350 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Then you can't complain about President Obama not getting anything done.
I'm not, other than making our super expensive health care system even more expensive and killing my daughter's affordable health plan and my 'cadillac plan.' I'm on record giving Obama the rest of his term off to go play golf and burn up millions of gallons of jet fuel between him and Michelle to complain about global warming

Old 06-17-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Bush had almost eight years to finish that war he started.

You'll agree that it's a darn shame he didn't.

But let's glance at the big picture, shall we?

Bush inherited a prosperous America at peace. He left two idiotically mismanaged middle east quagmires that he himself started and the worst economy in three generations. Obama has spent 6+ years repairing his damage. I know which one will go down in the history books as the better president. Maybe you do, too.

Or not.

A more rational and fair analysis in bold:

Bush had almost eight years to finish that war he started...actually the 911 bombers started it, he and the Dems made a serious misstep by attacking Iraq and keeping our troops in Iraq & Afghanistan far too long and then Obama continued leaving troops there far later than he promised making things that much worse.

You'll agree that it's a darn shame he didn't. ..agree that George, and Obama failed to end the war earlier.

But let's glance at the big picture, shall we?

Bush inherited a prosperous America at peace. He left two idiotically mismanaged middle east quagmires that he himself started and the worst economy in three generations. Obama has spent 6+ years repairing his damage. I know which one will go down in the history books as the better president. Maybe you do, too...Bush didn't attack the World Trade Center and the Pentagon so that is off base. The economy cratered when Nancy & Harry and George ran up huge deficits. Obama, Harry & Nancy made it worse until Boehner and now McConnell fixed it.

Last edited by Tall Traveler; 06-17-2015 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 06-17-2015, 02:18 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
It might be time to find sources other than Fox News and talk radio if you want to learn any actual facts. Compared to where things were when he took over, there is no rational dispute that Obama has made substantial, quantifiable improvements in many areas.

GDP is up
Stock market is at record highs
Job growth best in more than a decade
Disengagement and drawdown from two foreign wars
Largest reduction in number of people without health insurance ever in history of US
DADT gone
DOMA gone
Legalized gay marriage a virtual certainty nationwide
Get a clue, the debt is so big, our country is broke.. the banks are broke,, why do you think interest rates stay at zero? They can't pay it.

Everyone is investing in the stock market because the banks don't give any interest. We are in big trouble, the biggest bubble in the stock market ever. And you think it is good... look behind it all and you will see the mess we are in.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:26 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"They pledged to be obstructionist."

A post to support your claim is in order. And NOT some out of context single quote but, the ENTIRE thing.
Biden: Mitch McConnell vowed no cooperation with the Obama administration from the get-go

Old 06-17-2015, 02:34 PM

698 posts, read 587,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Get a clue, the debt is so big, our country is broke.. the banks are broke,, why do you think interest rates stay at zero? They can't pay it.

Everyone is investing in the stock market because the banks don't give any interest. We are in big trouble, the biggest bubble in the stock market ever. And you think it is good... look behind it all and you will see the mess we are in.
In other words, you choose to ignore all empirical evidence that doesn't fit with your political ideology.

GDP is growing, jobs are being created faster than at anytime in the last 10 years, the unemployment rate is down. Those are irrefutable facts, all you have is speculative doom and gloom.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:43 PM

Which is why things are improving.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:48 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
I said, A post to support your claim is in order. And NOT some out of context single quote but, the ENTIRE thing."

And right on cue you post the OUT OF CONTEXT one sentence, which I KNEW that was EXACTLY where the poster was going.

Instead of making YOURSELF LOOK FOOLISH YOU might WANT TO LOOK UP THE entire CONTEXT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies