Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 04:27 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,769,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
is there a law that says once your face is on us currency it is there forever?
as asked now for what the third time? which bill should be replaced?
Why do you keep asking the same question that I have answered?

Quote:
you never answered the question, what bill should a woman be on if not the ten?
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I did answer. I said that I don't see the need to replace anyone who is currently on a bill and if we must put a woman on a bill then a new denomination should be created. Don't beg the question by assuming that the only options are putting a woman on an existing bill.
Answer this question - why should Hamilton be replaced on the $10 bill? Why can't a woman be put on a new denomination or a coin?

Old 06-18-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Why not scrap him?
The question is "why scrap him", not "why not". There must be a reason, especially when a woman can be honored by creating a new gold coin or denomination.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:30 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Why do you keep asking the same question that I have answered? Answer this question - why should Hamilton be replaced on the $10 bill? Why can't a woman be put on a new denomination or a coin?
you never answered my question or if you did perhaps you can refresh my memory or point me to the post. as to your questions replacing hamilton is as good a pick as any other face on other denominations. they could put and have put a woman on a coin, I have no objection to that.
it is already in the works to put a woman on paper money, I have no objection to that either, do you, you sure seem to.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
you never answered my question or if you did perhaps you can refresh my memory or point me to the post.
Post #159. You really should try keeping up before accusing people of things.

Quote:
it is already in the works to put a woman on paper money, I have no objection to that either, do you, you sure seem to.
No, I object to replacing anyone currently on a bill. I have no objection to a woman being on any currency.

You illustrate what I wrote previously.

Quote:
This is a typical leftist divide and conquer tactic:

(a) create a problem that doesn't exist (we need to put someone new on the $10 bill).
(b) propose a "solution"(submit a list of names that can replace the person already there).
(c) make sure that among the names there are blacks and women, preferably both.
(d) when someone objects because they don't see a reason for a change in the first place, interpret this as them really being against the names submitted.

(e) Scream RACIST! BIGOT! MISOGYNIST! at the top of your lungs.
Quote:
as to your questions replacing hamilton is as good a pick as any other face on other denominations. they could put and have put a woman on a coin, I have no objection to that.
The question is not why he in particular should be replaced, by why he should be removed at all. Quit playing word games. You knew exactly what I mean.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:46 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Then why is the Obama Administration outraged enough to replace Hamilton on the $10 bill?
I don't see any outrage there. No one in the Obama Admin has expressed any.

Must be you. And your fellow Obamaphobes.

Carry on.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:48 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
No, I object to replacing anyone currently on a bill. I have no objection to a woman being on any currency.

You illustrate what I wrote previously.
Quote:
The question is not why he in particular should be replaced, by why he should be removed at all. Quit playing word games. You knew exactly what I mean.

googling just for you it seems they are not replacing him they will just add a woman to the bill. not to worry your man will still be there.

why did they pick him? I don't know but he is as good a candidate as any other figure. I would guess they picked paper money and not coin is because no woman has been on paper currency for 100 years. it will be unveiled in 2020 the 100th anniversary of women getting the right to vote.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:35 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Should put a woman on the $2 bill, a black person on the penny, and a gay guy on a new $3 bill. That should make everyone happy.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:58 PM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,102 times
Grace Slick

Old 06-18-2015, 07:13 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times
Whitney Houston.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:15 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
I'm sure that such an astute observer of politics, language, and subtle diversity norms as you seem to be must know that "a muck" is incorrect, and there are two alternatives that make a lot more sense: Amok vs. amuck - Grammarist

Who really cares who might be on our next ten dollar bill? I have not read a posting here that makes a good case as to why it matters or why anyone should care. Make that case to me, and maybe I will have an opinion.
Thank you very much you are correct. I usually use the former but instead used the latter. I have no desire to make a case for something that is PC nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies