Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 11:18 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times

Advertisements

Given the time of the comment, I doubt she even had the details regarding the racial statements made, or if she did, they were not verified where she would feel comfortable making a statement referring to the information.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:29 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
......! It is pretty clear what motivated this terrorist,
yes it is clear what motivated him.... a druggie, mental case with a hatred for Christians

had nothing to do with race.... its just another case where liberals wont address the mental health issues of many out there

Old 06-19-2015, 11:32 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaOne View Post
South Carolina proudly flies the Confederate battle flag at the state capitol, claiming that it represents Southern pride. Well be Southern and be proud but don't be proud of that symbol of treason and racism - proudly displayed by the killer in this recent massacre (on his vehicle's front license plate) and likewise displayed by white supremacists across the South...
So southerners are supposed to erase their family histories just because their ancestors lost a war in which they fought for something we disapprove of today?

How about ALL of us erase our families' histories because of the bad things that the empires, nations, races, ethnicities, tribes or clans our ancestors were a part of did at some point in the distant or recent past?

The history of the world has been a history of slavery, conquest, war and oppression.

And no one is innocent if the standard of "innocence" is that your ancestors were never part of any group that did things we would consider bad today.

If I were a southerner whose great, great grandfather fought in the Civil War, I would want to honor that history.

It doesn't mean that I would want to reinstate slavery or oppress black people.

I remember as a kid in Marin County, CA, going to a fair where kids could buy their choice of a confederate or union cap. No one thought of this as anything other than artifacts of our nation's history.

And oh, the horror!

They also sold toy rifles!!! And people smoked cigarettes pretty much anywhere they wanted to!!!! And nobody had ever heard of a vegan diet!!!!!!!!!

Now the liberal-left PC police have descended upon us, fomenting racial, gender and class division at every opportunity -- and picking at wounds to make sure they never heal.

In doing this, they are shamelessly exploiting the people they claim to want to help, and perpetuating a problem they claim to want to solve.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:34 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes it is clear what motivated him.... a druggie, mental case with a hatred for Christians

had nothing to do with race.... its just another case where liberals wont address the mental health issues of many out there
Why is it clear since you are completely wrong.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:41 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

Read some news. The guy was a racist who said racist things and claimed he wanted to start a "race war."

How much more blatant does it need to get?

Old 06-19-2015, 11:53 PM

800 posts, read 780,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So southerners are supposed to erase their family histories just because their ancestors lost a war in which they fought for something we disapprove of today?

How about ALL of us erase our families' histories because of the bad things that the empires, nations, races, ethnicities, tribes or clans our ancestors were a part of did at some point in the distant or recent past?

The history of the world has been a history of slavery, conquest, war and oppression.

And no one is innocent if the standard of "innocence" is that your ancestors were never part of any group that did things we would consider bad today.

If I were a southerner whose great, great grandfather fought in the Civil War, I would want to honor that history.

It doesn't mean that I would want to reinstate slavery or oppress black people.

I remember as a kid in Marin County, CA, going to a fair where kids could buy their choice of a confederate or union cap. No one thought of this as anything other than artifacts of our nation's history.

And oh, the horror!

They also sold toy rifles!!! And people smoked cigarettes pretty much anywhere they wanted to!!!! And nobody had ever heard of a vegan diet!!!!!!!!!

Now the liberal-left PC police have descended upon us, fomenting racial, gender and class division at every opportunity -- and picking at wounds to make sure they never heal.

In doing this, they are shamelessly exploiting the people they claim to want to help, and perpetuating a problem they claim to want to solve.
The Germans were able to do that and their "problem" was only 70 some years ago.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:01 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
This lady is a real piece of work! It is pretty clear what motivated this terrorist, racism!
You are wrong. Maybe that's it or as likely what motivated his actions was a mental illness. If that's the case it's really sad that you would try and paint an entire group of people guilty over the actions of someone dealing with a mental illness.

One might consider this an illness in itself.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:11 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpen View Post
White supremacist kills 9 black people and conservatives express anger with liberals. Go figure.
You started a thread stating the same thing.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:16 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
This.

The national conversation on events such as these need to be steered away from Barack Obama -- whose credibility is seriously on the decline -- and towards the role of psychotropic drugs as well as other pharmaceutical medications that likely serve as the common denominator with he shooters.

Healthy, normal people -- those not on a steady cocktail of BigPharma's finest -- don't commit crimes like this.
Correct - and the fact that drugs are never brought up on the TV media coverage is almost on the level of malpractice. Hopefully I am wrong and they will bring up the drug angle.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:19 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
And here's what I'm talking about. Willing participant in a media created controversy. Tell me, since you have such a strong opinion on this (psst thanks to the media). Where is that flag exactly and how did it get in its current location?

It's at the Statehouse in Columbia. It wasn't even lowered to half-mast after the shooting.

Despite mourning, statehouse Confederate battle flag remains at full staff - Post and Courier
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies