Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2015, 06:04 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,283,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
If you want "hate crimes" then you ought to define them. Are they any attacks on a particular race? If so, then black on white crimes should be called hate crimes. Are you on board with that?
There are lots of crimes that have nothing to do with "hate"---crimes of opportunity for example. 'Hate crime' has an exact definition for the purpose of collecting FBI statistics: "Congress has defined a hate crime as a 'criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender's bias against a race, religion, disability, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.'”

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investi...rimes/overview

The White Supremacist who killed the nine people in South Carolina and who liked to drape himself in the Confederate flag was a racist and his crime fits the definition of a hate crime to a tee.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:05 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,762,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you just posted in about "LBJ being a racist, just like a good democrat", along with all the derogatory statements about liberals in general you post. that isn't being nonpartisan.
Of course it is. I hate both Republicans and Democrats. I despise both major parties. Democracy exists to inhibit change.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
There are lots of crimes that have nothing to do with "hate"---crimes of opportunity for example. Hate crimes has an exact definition for the purpose of collecting FBI statistics: "Congress has defined a hate crime as a 'criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender's bias against a race, religion, disability, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.'”

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investi...rimes/overview
Why doesn't the Chicago Police participate in the premier logger of criminal behavior - Moghan Quitno Press?

City Crime Rankings by Population Group

Old 06-22-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Why doesn't the Chicago Police participate in the premier logger of criminal behavior - Moghan Quitno Press?

City Crime Rankings by Population Group
I give you the legal definition of a hate crime, which you asked for, and this is your response? Still avoiding having to admit that the shooter in Charleston SC was a racist who committed a hate crime, I see. What the Chicago police do or don't do has nothing what so ever to do with the topic of this thread. Get back on topic.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I give you the legal definition of a hate crime, which you asked for, and this is your response? Still avoiding having to admit that the shooter in Charleston SC was a racist who committed a hate crime, I see. What the Chicago police do or don't do has nothing what so ever to do with the topic of this thread. Get back on topic.
Do you believe that black people who murder white people are guilty of hate crimes?

Old 06-22-2015, 06:33 PM

18,339 posts, read 18,947,943 times
Quote:
Do you believe that black people who murder white people are guilty of hate crimes?

the question wasn't mine to answer, if the murder was motivated and committed solely because of race then it was a hate crime.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I can read and understand English. When I posted the legal definition of a hate crime I understood exactly what it meant. Can you say the same? No where in it does it mention the words "white" or "black." Murdering a person of a color that isn't your own is NOT, in itself, enough to label a murder a hate crime. Go back and read the qualifiers.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:44 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,355,149 times
Quote:
I can read and understand English. When I posted the legal definition of a hate crime I understood exactly what it meant. Can you say the same? No where in it does it mention the words "white" or "black."
It's been typical since I have been blogging and posting for years..that it's always the TOTAL not just the incident of which occurred..

NOT all black on white nor white on black are racially motivated..BUT when extreme right wings respond it's always broad brush..it means this when a black thug does this and thus all Blacks are thugs ( or worse declared lazy system draining useless types)...
Then of course when a BAD cop does a hateful BAD murder of an unarmed black person..and called out for it's all of a sudden Leftist's are declaring some sort of "Lynch Mob" on ALL LE....It's really getting tiring because it so TRANSPARENT!!

Old 06-22-2015, 06:51 PM

I know what you mean, Lyndarn. I hate the broad brush some people insist of using.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:55 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the question wasn't mine to answer, if the murder was motivated and committed solely because of race then it was a hate crime.
This is the part I don't like. So if a man kills his wife because she is leaving him, that's not a hate crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies