Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 11:45 AM

16,602 posts, read 8,610,160 times

Advertisements

I heard that Obama was going to speak about the tragic shooting that took place yesterday in a SC church.
While I have thought he too often makes national speeches/comments on local issues which is beneath the office of the presidency (almost exclusively when blacks are perceived to be harmed), this one seemed valid enough to express that the nation was in mourning.

As he started, I said to someone "I hope he makes this about the victims, and avoids injecting politics in it". I was asked what I meant, and said "I hope he leaves race and gun control out of it, as this is about the victims, but I doubt he will be able to".
The speech started out good, but sure enough he started in with race, and eventually gun control. The victims are not even properly mourned nor buried yet, but that didn't stop him from politisizing this disiclable act.
I guess he has learned at the alter of Saul Alinsky and Rahm "dead fish" Emanuel, never allow a tragedy to go to waste (i.e unexploited).

Now I know the Obama koolaid drinkers will be in to say it was his best speech ever, with perfect tone and appropriateness.
However, sooner or later they must understand that our president is suppose to be above the fray, and represent us all, especially during tragic events.
I want to him to make a great speech that will bring comfort to those who are closest to the victims, as well as the entire nation.
Yet my fear came to pass when he went down that predictable path again.
If he wanted to go into his usual race/gun related rant, he could have done so after the victims were mourned and buried.
That would have been the decent and proper thing to do.
Anyone who was raised old school, no matter their race, will know this to be true.

`

Last edited by Vector1; 06-18-2015 at 11:54 AM..

Old 06-18-2015, 11:56 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
All you have to do is compare Obama's speeches with those of Ronald Reagan's, when he would comment on a national tragedy (such as the Challenger explosion), to know that Mr. Reagan was a true Leader, whereas the current occupant of the White House is nothing but a low-rent community organizer who degrades his office by his presence.

Old 06-18-2015, 11:56 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
The shooter told the people he was killing them because they were black and "had to go". How do you discuss it and not mention race?

Old 06-18-2015, 12:02 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I heard that Obama was going to speak about the tragic shooting that took place yesterday in a SC church.
While I have thought he too often makes national speeches/comments on local issues which is beneath the office of the presidency (almost exclusively when blacks are perceived to be harmed), this one seemed valid enough to express that the nation was in mourning.

As he started, I said to someone "I hope he makes this about the victims, and avoids injecting politics in it". I was asked what I meant, and said "I hope he leaves race and gun control out of it, as this is about the victims, but I doubt he will be able to".
The speech started out good, but sure enough he started in with race, and eventually gun control. The victims are not even properly mourned nor buried yet, but that didn't stop him from politisizing this disiclable act.
I guess he has learned at the alter of Saul Alinsky and Rahm "dead fish" Emanuel, never allow a tragedy to go to waste (i.e unexploited).

Now I know the Obama koolaid drinkers will be in to say it was his best speech ever, with perfect tone and appropriateness.
However, sooner or later they must understand that our president is suppose to be above the fray, and represent us all, especially during tragic events.
I want to him to make a great speech that will bring comfort to those who are closest to the victims, as well as the entire nation.
Yet my fear came to pass when he went down that predictable path again.
If he wanted to go into his usual race/gun related rant, he could have done so after the victims were mourned and buried.
That would have been the decent and proper thing to do.
Anyone who was raised old school, no matter their race, will know this to be true.

`

Once again, another poster can't help, but accuse Obama of dwelling on race.

When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn?

Old 06-18-2015, 12:08 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Someone close this thread, please.

No good will come of it.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Someone close this thread, please.

No good will come of it.
LOL

I didn't realize you were part of the speech/thought police.

Clearly you are ranting and raving in the other thread we are both commenting in (we even agreed on a few points that I acknowledged). Yet I do not see you asking for that thread to be closed.

I wonder why?

Old 06-18-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The shooter told the people he was killing them because they were black and "had to go". How do you discuss it and not mention race?
Simple, reread my last few sentences in the opening post to understand.

I guess I will put it another way just incase you can't get it.

There is a time and place for everything. Now is not the time for the POTUS to be bringing race or politics into it. He should make a speech designed to heal/comfort and mourn the victims families and the nation. The days in the future will afford plenty of time to discuss race & politics.

`

Old 06-18-2015, 12:28 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
LOL

I didn't realize you were part of the speech/thought police.

Clearly you are ranting and raving in the other thread we are both commenting in (we even agreed on a few points that I acknowledged). Yet I do not see you asking for that thread to be closed.

I wonder why?
What am I "ranting and raving" about in that thread? Please, point it out.

And this is not the POC, this is Current Events, this thread will surely get political.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:33 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

That might help lol.

When in doubt blame Obama.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:36 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
agree with the OP, this is the time to 'slip the bonds of earth and touch the face of God' for the President as in the Challenger tragedy.

It is sad these innocent people were killed and they should be mourned.

Time soon enough for the legal system to put paid to justice for these innocents.

But yes it was a young white man who killed these people in a church of all things. wrong wrong and wrong.

Just bury the dead first. I think that is all the OP is saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies