Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 06:24 PM

32 posts, read 28,399 times

Advertisements

Thank goodness! I am so proud of him. As a Canadian this in my opinion is the most logical move I've ever seen a U.S president make. Great Job Obama! You're doing a fantastic job.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:42 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
It won't help, and though I like the man very much, when he shoots from the heart instead of his head, he usually mucks it up.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:58 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,683,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavertail View Post
Thank goodness! I am so proud of him. As a Canadian this in my opinion is the most logical move I've ever seen a U.S president make. Great Job Obama! You're doing a fantastic job.

Lol wut?

A pointless/ineffective (and wrongheaded) stance is "doing a good job"?

Pointing out that the other party has all but completely de-funded mental healthcare in this country might actually lead to change.

He aint getting the guns and he knows it.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:03 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,570,868 times
More gun control rhetoric for the sheep? lol

Old 06-18-2015, 07:11 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
In 2007, a gunman entered the New Life Church in Colorado Springs, CO shortly after the service let out and began shooting. He had expressed a desire to kill as many Christians as he could, and he was armed with several weapons to do just that. So what stopped him? One of the congregants was armed, and she shot back.

And yet, it sounds like our president wants to restrict the rights of good, law-abiding people to have that option, should they choose to exercise it. Why? Why does he want to restrict the most effective tool there is for the "good guys" to resist the evildoers in our midst? Why does he want to turn more people into defenseless victims?

Old 06-18-2015, 07:18 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,300,927 times
Every year a couple dozen people are killed by crazed maniacs with legally owned guns. In some years, up to 50.

Every year, thousands of people are killed by illegal guns wielded by the criminals. The majority of these criminals are in the urban ghettos.

Obama is going after the wrong segment of the population. And he supports the wrong segment of the population when they are clearly in the wrong. He and the democrats that support him are out of control. Unfortunately, the Republicans are hardly much better.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:22 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
Lol wut?

A pointless/ineffective (and wrongheaded) stance is "doing a good job"?

Pointing out that the other party has all but completely de-funded mental healthcare in this country might actually lead to change.

He aint getting the guns and he knows it.

1. Thankfully, Canadians won't be running this country.

2. Gun control (yawn)...gun control (snooze)...For obvious reasons, don't expect any specifics.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:28 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times
the same people who will insist that all gun owners shouldn't be blamed fot a few nuts are quick to blame all black people for the riots in Baltimore and Ferguson. there should be a law that allows the father of Dylan Roof to be charged with a crime for buying his loser son a gun for his bday, if Roof was not legally allowed to buy one himself. no job? no car? he needs a gun!

Old 06-18-2015, 07:31 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
the same people who will insist that all gun owners shouldn't be blamed fot a few nuts are quick to blame all black people for the riots in Baltimore and Ferguson. there should be a law that allows the father of Dylan Roof to be charged with a crime for buying his loser son a gun for his bday, if Roof was not legally allowed to buy one himself. no job? no car? he needs a gun!

I'd like his father to be charged for not taking that gun and blowing the head off his thug SOB son.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:34 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
There might be (a law).

I once worked in a gun store and when a man came in to buy his wife a gun as a gift, the FFL dealer had both fill out the paper work. While it may be "legal" to buy a gun as a gift for someone (not being an FFL myself, I don't quite know how those rules run), these days, at least in these parts, we get nervous about anything that might be viewed as a strawman purchase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies