Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 09:03 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times

Advertisements

That many may feel this way is understandable. As a first generation American, it helps me to greater appreciate other nations, other cultures. This is the land of opportunity, but there are opportunities elsewhere. It is not necessarily the best nation in the world, and it is more and more apparent. It just depends. No nation is without problems. All have issues. I am grateful to be American but this reinforces the importance of being a world citizen.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:06 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
I think it's obvious that there are still too many racists in this country.

I also think it is obvious that there are plenty of white people who are willing to help.

I remember going to a D election night party when Obama won. There was a report of a black woman greeting a white woman by saying "You meant it! You really meant it!" Yes, we did and do mean it.

I don't think that poverty culture is unique to blacks, but it seems that poor black neighborhoods/cities are presented as typifying it. Which gives the racists a rationale for their prejudices. I think the real problem is that too many poor people don't see themselves as effective actors in their own lives and communities.

I join with others who say that while it is necessary to perceive the problem, it is just as necessary to focus on solutions, and the people who are working on those solutions, whatever their epidermal melanin content.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:15 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
I can't with these comments! Hilarious and outright denial! It is good to know that here on this CD thread you will most likely never be exposed to intellectual dialogue.
Intellectual dialog? You posted with your mind already made up. Seems you aren't open to intellectual dialog.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:25 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Engaging in a long, serious discussion about race can be exhausting and infuriating, so pick your battles. Just as you don’t speak for your entire race, you’re not expected to to educate every tactless person who crosses your path.

I don't want to tell you what to do, I sure am not qualified to tell others what black people should do because I don't know what black folks have gone through. One thing I do know, however, is that not everyone out there is "racist". Focusing on racism is a waste of time. Racial tension exists, racists are here to stay. Nothing you can do to change this fact. But racism is no longer the biggest problem in America. White people suffer from racism too, honesty. (I have seen it)

I think it is a waste of time to focus your energy on race issues.

It is quite powerful to be involved with people who are using their energy to address the race issues in this country. There are many community groups, non-profits, religious organizations, higher education, etc. that do have seminars, conferences, and a host of other activities that address racial unity, and of course before we get there we have to talk about the good, bad, and ugly.

I have never mentioned that ALL white people are racist. I know this from having them truly as best friends once upon a time in my life, and a host of them married to either a black female or male relatives in my family. We truly have diversity going on in my family. Three of my nieces are married to white males, and two of my nephews are with white women. I am with a biracial man, whose father was white. With all of this diversity in my family, it does not negate the fact that there are some racist white people in our country who are causing major problems.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:35 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Uh; what happened in Charleston was was full on evil and, I'm trying to be nice. I'd def like to see Roof be offed, that dirty loser. Even if a Black hood rat did it, I'd buy him dinner for taking care of business.

OTOH: for every white, Asian or "Hispanic" racist who guns down Black people, there are 100's of Black dudes who gun down other Black dudes.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:36 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Intellectual dialog? You posted with your mind already made up. Seems you aren't open to intellectual dialog.

Nope! Not at all, but it is very seldom to have an intellectual discourse on this thread with other posters who just choose to be outright despicable and ignorant. I cannot engage with people who have closed minds, and never open their mind to receive from others. Never allowing ones self to consciously feel or relate to how one may think or believe is that person's choice, but I personally and spiritually cannot do it. I may not like it or agree, but I am not going to outright attack someone because they do not think like I do nor will I give them a prescription to fix themselves. Acceptance is everything and yes I was in rare form the other day when the tread got shut down, but this is because I am sick and tired of hearing the flaws about black people on here. We all have them! This is why this thread is very useful for teaching.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:40 AM

39,203 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
It is quite powerful to be involved with people who are using their energy to address the race issues in this country. There are many community groups, non-profits, religious organizations, higher education, etc. that do have seminars, conferences, and a host of other activities that address racial unity, and of course before we get there we have to talk about the good, bad, and ugly.

I have never mentioned that ALL white people are racist. I know this from having them truly as best friends once upon a time in my life, and a host of them married to either a black female or male relatives in my family. We truly have diversity going on in my family. Three of my nieces are married to white males, and two of my nephews are with white women. I am with a biracial man, whose father was white. With all of this diversity in my family, it does not negate the fact that there are some racist white people in our country who are causing major problems.

Never said you mentioned that ALL white people are racists.

I am mixed German/Irish/Hawaiian/Japanese, I have friends who display sticker of confederate flag on the back of their trucks, (and I am not lying), I have friends who believe in white pride (but not white power)

These people are not racists, they just have strong opinions about certain subjects.

I believe in free market, let free market do the magic trick. There are racists in every race causing problems, but unfortunately, they are here to stay.

I understand what you mean, but there are alternative ways to speed up the healing process. That is ALL I am saying.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:43 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Nope! Not at all, but it is very seldom to have an intellectual discourse on this thread with other posters who just choose to be outright despicable and ignorant.
I haven't seen that in this thread. I just see you not being open to an honest intellectual dialog. Your mind was made up before you even posted the topic.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:43 AM

17,356 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:

What you HAVE said is that owning slaves is in the DNA of white people - so basically, it's innately ingrained in your husband to own you.

Oh, and that most white people are involved in human trafficking so they know what it's like to own a slave.

I just cannot take anything you say seriously.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:48 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Never said you mentioned that ALL white people are racists.

I am mixed German/Irish/Hawaiian/Japanese, I have friends who display sticker of confederate flag on the back of their trucks, (and I am not lying), I have friends who believe in white pride (but not white power)

These people are not racists, they just have strong opinions about certain subjects.

I believe in free market, let free market do the magic trick. There are racists in every race causing problems, but unfortunately, they are here to stay.

I understand what you mean, but there are alternative ways to speed up the healing process. That is ALL I am saying.
May white supremacists would choke on it but; word was some of the "Rebel" soldiers and maybe officers were part Asian but were counted as "white".

Conjoined Twin Eng Bunker Drafted During the Civil War | Civil War Saga

Since the conjoined twins could not be separated by surgery because their livers were fused, there wasn’t much that Stoneman could do.

Neither brother ended up fighting in the war although both of their eldest sons, Christopher Wren Bunker and Stephen Bunker, joined and fought for the Confederacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies