Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2008, 06:34 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Define rapid, we were told major combat ended almost five years ago! Our military is not a police force.
Within the next 12-24 months.

Quote:
A strategic catastrophe was created by the shoot from the hip poorly planned invasion that brought us into Iraq in the first place. The humantarian issues will be caused by nitwits who kill because they think their sect is better than their neighbor's sect, we're not likely to change that centuries old fact.

What frustrates me is having a misleader in the White House who thinks chanting "Stay the Course" constitutes a plan of action and is too blinded by his own ideology to see that nobody ever plotted a damn course in the first place.
Again, your frustration does not yield a practicable strategy for the situation in Iraq. Cursing at the nail that caused a flat tire may satisfy one's emotional needs; it does not fix the tire or get one safely to the destination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 06:44 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Drawdown has already started

Old 01-31-2008, 06:52 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Within 6 months of 01/20/2009 would be fine with me, the end of two errors within six months would be quite an accomplishment.

Quote:
Again, your frustration does not yield a practicable strategy for the situation in Iraq. Cursing at the nail that caused a flat tire may satisfy one's emotional needs; it does not fix the tire or get one safely to the destination.

To continue your analogy, pounding more nails into the tire won't fix it either and may well damage it beyond repair.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Within 6 months of 01/20/2009 would be fine with me, the end of two errors within six months would be quite an accomplishment.

To continue your analogy, pounding more nails into the tire won't fix it either and may well damage it beyond repair.
True. But no one is suggesting that.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
True. But no one is suggesting that.

Much to the detriment of the US I believe.

As I've said before: We've led, heck, we've carried the horse to water and stuck its nose in the trough. If it's too stupid, too lazy, or too obstinate to take a drink it can die of thirst. Darwinism wins out.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Much to the detriment of the US I believe.

As I've said before: We've led, heck, we've carried the horse to water and stuck its nose in the trough. If it's too stupid, too lazy, or too obstinate to take a drink it can die of thirst. Darwinism wins out.
But we're not horses. We have to live like men. Not everyone shoots horses for being stupid. It's not humane.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:33 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,808 times
Quote:

please don't curse at the nail...but at the person who put the nail in.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
please don't curse at the nail...but at the person who put the nail in.
I'm not cursing anyone.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
But we're not horses. We have to live like men. Not everyone shoots horses for being stupid. It's not humane.

And countries aren't tires yet you use them in your analogies

I don't believe it's humane to put people in harm's way fighting for slackers who then proceed to ignore their own work and head off on vacation. And if you believe we have to live as men do you not believe the Iraqis must also live as men and take responsibility for their own lives?

Old 01-31-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
And countries aren't tires yet you use them in your analogies

I don't believe it's humane to put people in harm's way fighting for slackers who then proceed to ignore their own work and head off on vacation. And if you believe we have to live as men do you not believe the Iraqis must also live as men and take responsibility for their own lives?
What the Iraqis do is beyond our control. What we do is not. If we are to be faithful to our commitments, it is incumbent upon us to finish what we started. The Iraqis can either be heartened by our sacrifice, or throw away their lives in tribal bickering. It wouldn't be the first time that we showed the way to faint-hearted alllies, only to watch them soil their pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies