Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Dylann be put to death by the state of South Carolina?
No, I'm a liberal 16 10.26%
No, I'm a conservative 16 10.26%
Yes, I'm a liberal 44 28.21%
Yes, I'm a conservative 80 51.28%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 06:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Too bad we couldn't have shown this video to some of those unfortunate black men who got killed doing stupid things during a police altercation. It's amazing what can happen when you follow orders and don't try to resist arrest, provoke the cop, or run away.

See how much easier things are when you do what you're told?

What a sad pathetic country this will be when right or wrong we are forced at gun point to do what we are told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 06:41 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
I was thinking how the general public opinion will probably be overwhelming in favor of his execution since most conservatives support capital punishment in general, and many liberals would in this case too since it's a hate crime and his death would be like revenge for Trayvon, Mike Brown, etc.

Personally I'm against the death penalty for anyone, and I can just tell by looking at his photos that Dylann Roof is mentally disturbed in some way. I see his action as a manifestation of racial hatred that's been cooked up by the media since Obama was elected. Not to say he's not responsible of course, but I just don't feel like killing him would help advance social justice and many of his victims' families don't want him to die.
I don't care if he is mentally disturbed or otherwise. He is a danger to society and he has got to planted six feet under.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:46 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
What exactly will be accomplished by ending this man's life? Lock him up and throw away the key.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:10 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Nope. The death penalty is a vestige of a less civilized time. I'm ashamed that there are states in this country that still do it.

i think all state should do it, open up a express lane, a couple a day should clear the calender. need to add some extra crime to the list too, like rape, and crime with a gun, tax evasion, drug crime, all drug crime, even possession, and also driving too slow in the fast lane. I would also add the mental and any kid over 14

Old 06-23-2015, 07:15 PM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They should have just spent the .25 cents and shot him in the head after he admitted to it.
At this point Life in Prison would be cheaper on the tax payer then the death penalty. They can always send him to Git-Mo, but he could get back out since its a catch and release operation.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:28 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What a sad pathetic country this will be when right or wrong we are forced at gun point to do what we are told.
It's already a sad pathetic country. Look at our President.

I have no sympathy for people who try to take matters into their own hands by screwing around with cops.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:

I have no sympathy for people who try to take matters into their own hands by screwing around with cops.
The police are not always right. Its also sad that you would have no sympathy for people that the cops do wrong.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:35 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The police are not always right. Its also sad that you would have no sympathy for people that the cops do wrong.
I understand that police are not always right. But that doesn't mean it's OK to act stupid. I don't care what race one is -- get cute with cops and you'll see what happens. You just don't do crap like that.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
I understand that police are not always right. But that doesn't mean it's OK to act stupid.
Being right isn't acting stupid.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:46 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:

You "peanuts" always have to drag Obama into everything. Go Home! Trump is awaiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies