Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 06:31 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,152,711 times

Advertisements

Wow look how quickly the Tea Party nuts turn on one of their own when he goes up against one of their symbols of hate. Strapping his dog to his car roof was a-ok with the Tea cretins but removing symbols of white supremacy....he's gone too far!

Old 06-21-2015, 06:39 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,270,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
For once I agree with him -remove this treacherous symbol of racism and slavery

Mitt Romney: Remove Confederate flag from South Carolina Capitol - CBS News
Once again, this is another issue in which conservatives are on the exact same side as a known murderer and racist like mr roof.

Mr. Roof thinks the confederate flag is great and should fly over state buildings in every former slaveholding state.

He likes the symbolizism the same as most conservatives. It represents freedom, small government, states rights, brave confederate soldiers. Same argument Mr roof makes

It is amazing how conservative ideology and conservatives generally find so much agreement about black Americans(black on black crime, black people are ruined by welfare, media hiding black on white crime, etc), and now the confederate flag as a hateful murderous racist like mr roof.

it is amazing how conservatives who don't see color and whom aren't racist have the same expressed ideas as a known murderous racist.

So of course conservatives will defend the confederate flag, it's not surprising.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:49 AM

601 posts, read 457,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You didn't answer the question. You tapped danced around it. Of course the Germans thought they were inferior, but they never said they were not White. i.e. It wasn't about race.
Read some history before you post nonsense. The Germans thought of themselves as the master aryan race and thought of the Jewish people as an inferior Jewish race. A simple Google search will answer anything you didn't learn in grade school. If you are just lazy and not ignorant here is a link

Nazi Racism

If you can find info to back up your side please show me

Old 06-21-2015, 07:07 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,892,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
Read some history before you post nonsense. The Germans thought of themselves as the master aryan race and thought of the Jewish people as an inferior Jewish race. A simple Google search will answer anything you didn't learn in grade school. If you are just lazy and not ignorant here is a link

Nazi Racism

If you can find info to back up your side please show me
Actually Google doesn't present history very well at all ..

I'll suggest that going down to your public library and researching the subject directly might be the better bet.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:34 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,358,353 times
To the coward who sent me some anonymous post ratings and used it as a chance to slag me: You're way off base, and you're also a loser.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:39 AM

62,474 posts, read 28,711,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Wow look how quickly the Tea Party nuts turn on one of their own when he goes up against one of their symbols of hate. Strapping his dog to his car roof was a-ok with the Tea cretins but removing symbols of white supremacy....he's gone too far!
Tea party nuts? Please provide a link that they support symbols of hate. The Teaparty isn't comprised of white supremists either. You're own hatred is showing. You leftists attack the Teaparty for everything. Get over your obsession with them.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Tea party nuts? Please provide a link that they support symbols of hate. The Teaparty isn't comprised of white supremists either. You're own hatred is showing. You leftists attack the Teaparty for everything. Get over your obsession with them.
Why post a link when if you are responding to me, that means you read at least part of this thread with conservatives defending the Stars and Bars. Why are you pretending these people defending the Confederacy and white supremacy are not conservatives? I don't know who you think your dishonesty is fooling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I'm failing to see how taking down a stupid flag, or not, is going to prevent mass casualty shootings in "Gun Free Zones".

Go ahead - Take the flag down, and while you're at it, run on over to the U.N. in New York and have half of those flags removed too - Head on over to the Pacific Coast and have a bunch of those Totem Poles removed too.

Surely these other things have got to represent something offensive to someone right?

History is as history does and there isn't much anybody is going to do about it. I personally don't care one way or the other - It's a stupid flag - It stands for and signals nothing.

If Romney thinks that removing that stupid flag is going to stop racism, or gun violence, then he's dumber than I thought.
You're clearly being dishonest if you are angry that Romney wants the flag removed yet claim not to care. Why would you post about something you supposedly don't care about? You have the freedom of speech to wave Nazi and Confederate flags but it doesn't mean its something a decent person does.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
If Romney was a resident of SC, he has every right to try to voice his opinion....but I don't think he is a SC resident. Here's a question, if you're not a resident of SC like me, how would you feel about them trying to tell you how to run your state? I have no business trying to tell SC what to do and neither do you.
Your President Bush didn't seem to mind his own business about how the nations of Iraq and Afghanistan were run. Seems a bit hypocritical for conservatives to support him in that but condemn Romney for something as mild as saying its wrong to hang up a white supremacist flag. By your own standard you have no right to criticize Mitt Romney since you live in Washington and he lives in California.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:09 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,466,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You didn't answer the question. You tapped danced around it. Of course the Germans thought they were inferior, but they never said they were not White. i.e. It wasn't about race.
I don't know how Nazis or Hitler entered the thread, but rest assured their ideology considered Jews a 'race.' Regardless of color, national origin, or anything else, Jews were the most inferior, below even Slav and Asiatic 'races.'

Old 06-21-2015, 08:09 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,677,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
If individuals want to portray themselves as racist, backwards "crackers"...then that is up to them. However, state governments have no place projecting such messages, especially on tax payer property.
Cracker def:

Cracker
a thin, crisp wafer often eaten with cheese or other savory toppings.

a person or thing that cracks.

3 “Cracker,” when used in reference to white people, originated when black slaves equated racist bosses with the cracking sound of the whips they wielded.

Or this:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies