Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 08:40 PM

716 posts, read 1,237,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalminor View Post
Max- that is exactly absolutely what is proves. And don't even get started on black against white crime- happens every single day everywhere- but the media goes out of its way to avoid covering those stories. In contrast, every story about white-on-black crime, they jump on and beat it to death for months on end like it's the end of the world. The media is clearly only interested with keeping this country stirred up with a a mentality of 'blacks are innocent victims of the evil white devil'. They are only interested in pushing that in our faces non-stop.. I guess in hopes of in irony a race war..? (??) Or at least keeping black against white hatred ignited. And making sure that no matter what they do, blacks always come out looking innocent. It's 'politically incorrect' to speak the real truth about the bad things they do. No one wants to hear it or talk about it.. and the ones who do are afraid to. It's sickening. It's not about unbiased reporting of actual news anymore, it's about hyped up, agenda-skewed propaganda.
The question is how and why did the media get like that and how can it possibly be switched around to show at least some semblance of the truth?

Old 06-22-2015, 08:45 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcnkwcz View Post
Nope, incorrect. The Civil War ended on May 9th, 1865, and the 13th Amendment was passed by the Senate on April 8th, 1864, by the House on January 31st, 1865, and was ratified on December 6th, 1865, before then being adopted on December 18th, 1865. Perhaps you meant 2 years after the Emancipation Proclamation, which was issued mid-war.

Pretty funny that you were calling others out for needing to learn history.
It took several years to free all the slaves, during Reconstruction. So the slaves were not freed immediately, including the slaves in the Union. Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation conveniently only applied to the Confederate states, not to the Union or border states. He clearly wasn't that interested in freeing the slaves, or he would have freed the ones in the Union and the border states first. Slavery was never the impetus of the Civil War, and it was used as a war tactic during the War. Freeing the slaves in only the Confederacy was done to try to get them to join the Union army. Lincoln needed all the slaves in the Union and border states to continue being enslaved soldiers.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:26 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,475,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickOfAllThePC1983 View Post
Well okay then, in that context, black pride in Africa, in THIS DAY AND AGE, still sodomizes, rapes, kills, beheads, kidnaps, tortures and whatever other atrocity you want to throw in there. The black warlords in and around Central Africa are not prideful?? Oh, but that's right!! How silly of me. As long as it's black on black they're off the hook!

Everyone wants to look back on the past and lambaste white pride, but I ask you all, which is more poignantly inexcusable, genocide back hundreds of years ago, 9r genocide in today's world??

Look at how savage and how little Africans regard human life. You do not see that in today's highly civilized society in ONE white country.

Don't ever try to throw white people under the bus by using history as a weapon. I'll turn right around and use Joseph Kony as a weapon on YOU.

At least whote folks have learned from there ways. Look at today's ghettos. Look at zero social progress in black communities and all-time high black unemployment. But noo, not black people's fault! It's all the -evil- white folks.

Playing the bame game has gotten black folks real far in 50 years time...of course the irony and poetic justice of that statement is that the opposite is true.

Just as it should be.

Definition of Modern Day America: It's OK to endlessly bad mouth whites and villainize them for all of society's ills, but if you DARE speak ill of black people, why, get the tar and feathers!!

I don't know about you all, but personally, you'd have to be an idiot to aggrandize another demographic and decry your own while said demographic is smartly doing just the opposite and slowly turning your own people against you.

Wake up White America. We are not the problem. We are, and have always been, the solution and the hope.

Haha, I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh now. What's sad is that you're serious..O Great White Hope.

No wonder it's so hard to have mature conversation about race.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:29 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
When people are discussing issues that make you uncomfortable, they need to be silenced, correct?
Rhetorical question, incorrect...

Don't you find it odd how this question is asked over, and over, and over, and over, and over again on CD? And every time this question is asked the thread turns into 1000 reasons why the Black race is bad (against the TOS)

It's obvious what's being done here, this crap happens all of the time and it's getting annoying.

You want to report on the news fine, but don't ask the same XXX Blacks just to get the anti-Black crowd riled up.

Check the posting history of everyone starting with the OP if you think I'm lying.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:13 PM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The motivation is the reason this is news. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. 10 people being wounded in Detroit is just another day in the ghetto. I think there is a disproportionate level of outrage, but I'm not surprised at it, because Charleston can be used by some as a political tool, and Detroit cannot.
My politically incorrect view is that the Detroit situation and most gang fights are basically human garbage killing human garbage. No one cares.

Dylann Roof killed nine decent, upstanding community leaders. It is different.

But then again I thought Michael Brown (though not Eric Garner) was similarly human garbage.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:18 PM

24,112 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Gee, nine people killed versus one person killed? Yeah, that's a real head-scratcher...

Aside from that, the glaringly obvious reason is that the Charleston shooting was not just a crime against nine people - it was a political attack, terrorism, literally by the admission of the shooter targeting an entire race.

You might as well ask, with feigned bewilderment, why the Boston Marathon bombing (with a third the fatality rate of the recent shooting in South Carolina) got so much coverage - exponentially more than the Charleston shooting, as a matter of fact. That, too, was a crime of political terror. And I'm sure you understand that perfectly well. It's coverage was warranted by the fact that it was an attack on people just because they were American citizens. Yet you'd have us believe that an attack on people chosen as targets just because they are black is not significant.

So how is it that you can comprehend the perceived magnitude of a political crime committed by a Muslim with an ideological opposition to the West, but are utterly baffled at the magnitude accorded a crime committed by a white person with an ideological opposition to the black race?

Rest assured, I do not ask these questions in search of any real answers from you, for you make your selective agenda loud and abundantly clear in your post.

Excellent post as always.

Post trauma agenda - obvious and sickening.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:53 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,563 times
Default Black Mental blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
The shooting at Charleston was tragic, no question. No excuses. Those people didn't deserve to die. We have plenty of outrage for that one single bluemoon incident.

My question is in one single night yesterday:

In Detroit:

11 people shot in Detroit on Saturday, 1 fatally

In Philadelphia:

3 Children Among 10 Wounded When Gunman Opens Fire At Philadelphia Block Party « CBS Philly

Two separate mass shootings, a total of 21 people shot and one of them dies. All black victims. Where is the black outrage for these incidents? How come national media barely gave either of these acts of violence any coverage at all? Where are all the angry, protesting black people calling for an end to these kinds of incidents? Does this not show once and for all that blacks only care about mass killing and injury of their own kind ONLY when the perpetrator is non-black?...
You are right. I am African-American and I definitely see your point. The answer is too complicated to sufficiently discuss on a message board but I'll say that Black people are so accustomed to putting up with and living amidst hatred and violence from Whites over the generations in the USA that it is not looked at as an aberration or something that shouldn't happen; especially now that is it perpetrated by those who look like us so for some reason "it's not as painful".

On the other hand, when it is perpetrated by Whites, it is inflames the memory of our ancestors who were violently treated by Whites at will harkening back to 200+ years or more when Black people had no way to escape it, no where to turn, no recourse, no retribution, and it was all sanctioned by the government on every level: town, city, county, state, and federal government.

Of course it is crazy for a people to accept anyone constantly murdering their citizens whether the same race or not but it just goes to show how warp the mind can become after enduring the trauma of violent slavery and violent racism over so many generations. I'm waiting for Black people to wake up from this mental warp-ness. Black lives should matter most to BLACK PEOPLE like the ones hanging out on the in the hood shooting guns up in the air, committing drive-bys, shooting at people on the street, at parties, robbing, etc. When these Black male mass murderers stop being housed, fed, enabled, and petted by relatives and friends they will be forced to CHANGE or they will be left out.

When these BLACK LIVES MATTER MARCHES turn against these murderers and start exposing their faces on posters and websites and stating their crimes and stand outside their mother, grandmothers, or baby-mamma's home (where these murderers live) chanting "BLACK LIVES MATTER" then the tide will turn against them in the Black community. Until then, these Black mass murderers will continue their evil activities in the Black community. They are no different from Dylan Roof other than skin color. Two sides of the same coin.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:04 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,563 times
Default No, not at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickOfAllThePC1983 View Post
Wake up White America. We are not the problem. We are, and have always been, the solution and the hope.
No, Whites are the solution nor the hope. You are very mistaken on this! Whites do live a higher standard of life than Blacks (in general, this doesn't apply to all of either race) but if someone is looking at White people as "hope", they will be sadly disappointed when they notice the "do as we say" "not as we do" approach to life come to the forefront.

However, Whites in America no longer commit violence acts against Blacks (since Blacks start fighting back and getting violent after the Civil Rights era) in as high percentages as Blacks commit against each other. It's an element of Blacks that do the damage but they are a larger element than we should have and they breed so their children grow up behaving just like the parents. Also, low class Blacks act out loudly and publicly: public transportation, downtown, in malls, stores, Wal-mart, walking down the street, etc., so it's not like their demographic can be ignored or left out of the conversation on Black crime and negative behavior. They are the very face of it.

Old 06-23-2015, 12:49 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Check the posting history of everyone starting with the OP if you think I'm lying.
One should take care before they start throwing stones. Your own post history isn't stellar at all in this regard.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:56 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
One should take care before they start throwing stones. Your own post history isn't stellar at all in this regard.
Do I intentionally racebait and bash an entire race of people to start drama? Please find some threads of me asking why do White people do X,Y,Z and generalize the entire group. Please find some posts of me insulting the White race and posting bigoted statements.

Did I ever claim to be a saint?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies