Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 07:41 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,458 times

Advertisements

The shooting at Charleston was tragic, no question. No excuses. Those people didn't deserve to die. We have plenty of outrage for that one single bluemoon incident.

My question is in one single night yesterday:

In Detroit:

11 people shot in Detroit on Saturday, 1 fatally

Quote:
Ten people were shot at a block party on a basketball court at Webb and Dexter on the city's west side Saturday night. One of those victims died.
In Philadelphia:

3 Children Among 10 Wounded When Gunman Opens Fire At Philadelphia Block Party « CBS Philly

Quote:
Authorities say ten people were shot Saturday night in West Philadelphia. This happened just before 10 p.m. on the 4100 block of Ogden Street in the Mantua section of the city.
Police say that an 18-month-old baby, an 11-year-old and a 13-year-old were among those shot during a block party.
Two separate mass shootings, a total of 21 people shot and one of them dies. All black victims. Where is the black outrage for these incidents? How come national media barely gave either of these acts of violence any coverage at all? Where are all the angry, protesting black people calling for an end to these kinds of incidents? Does this not show once and for all that blacks only care about mass killing and injury of their own kind ONLY when the perpetrator is non-black?

The one biggest difference between the Charleston shooting and these two shootings besides the race of the perpetrator is that a similar incident to Charleston won't likely happen anytime soon. There is NEVER going to be a wave of blacks being murdered by hateful whites, only isolated incidents such as this one. On the otherhand this being the beginning of summer, there are going to be many, MANY multiple shootings that will happen that will leave many dead and injured. Yet blacks choose to throw all their anger and energy at the problem that is relatively speaking much less damaging of the two.

It would be like a general that has two forces in battle. One is composed of 1,000 men, the other is composed of 10,000 men. Both are losing to the enemy and in danger of breaking and being routed and the general can only take his reserves to save one of his forces. The logical choice would be to save the larger force, but for some inexplicable reason the general chooses to save the 1,000 man force instead. That's how it feels to me everytime I see a non-black on black incident and we see the coming together of blacks to want to do something to effect actual change, but they REFUSE to put anywhere near as much effort to do the same when it comes to black on black crime which is the problem that's damaging and destroying black communities and families FAR MORE than anything else ever will.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:50 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
The shooting at Charleston was tragic, no question. No excuses. Those people didn't deserve to die. We have plenty of outrage for that one single bluemoon incident.

In Detroit:

In Philadelphia:

3 Children Among 10 Wounded When Gunman Opens Fire At Philadelphia Block Party « CBS Philly

Two separate mass shootings, a total of 21 people shot and one of them dies. All black victims. Where is the black outrage for these incidents? How come national media barely gave either of these acts of violence any coverage at all? Where are all the angry, protesting black people calling for an end to these kinds of incidents? Does this not show once and for all that blacks only care about mass killing and injury of their own kind ONLY when the perpetrator is non-black?

The one biggest difference between the Charleston shooting and these two shootings besides the race of the perpetrator is that a similar incident to Charleston won't likely happen anytime soon. There is NEVER going to be a wave of blacks being murdered by hateful whites, only isolated incidents such as this one. On the otherhand this being the beginning of summer, there are going to be many, MANY multiple shootings that will happen that will leave many dead and injured. Yet blacks choose to throw all their anger and energy at the problem that is relatively speaking much less damaging of the two.

It would be like a general that has two forces in battle. One is composed of 1,000 men, the other is composed of 10,000 men. Both are losing to the enemy and in danger of breaking and being routed and the general can only take his reserves to save one of his forces. The logical choice would be to save the larger force, but for some inexplicable reason the general chooses to save the 1,000 man force instead. That's how it feels to me everytime I see a non-black on black incident and we see the coming together of blacks to want to do something to effect actual change, but they REFUSE to put anywhere near as much effort to do the same when it comes to black on black crime which is the problem that's damaging black communities and families FAR MORE than anything else ever will.
Gee, nine people killed versus one person killed? Yeah, that's a real head-scratcher...

Aside from that, the glaringly obvious reason is that the Charleston shooting was not just a crime against nine people - it was a political attack, terrorism, literally by the admission of the shooter targeting an entire race.

You might as well ask, with feigned bewilderment, why the Boston Marathon bombing (with a third the fatality rate of the recent shooting in South Carolina) got so much coverage - exponentially more than the Charleston shooting, as a matter of fact. That, too, was a crime of political terror. And I'm sure you understand that perfectly well. It's coverage was warranted by the fact that it was an attack on people just because they were American citizens. Yet you'd have us believe that an attack on people chosen as targets just because they are black is not significant.

So how is it that you can comprehend the perceived magnitude of a political crime committed by a Muslim with an ideological opposition to the West, but are utterly baffled at the magnitude accorded a crime committed by a white person with an ideological opposition to the black race?

Rest assured, I do not ask these questions in search of any real answers from you, for you make your selective agenda loud and abundantly clear in your post.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:22 AM

1,076 posts, read 1,395,507 times
New Orleans Police officer shot and killed Saturday by suspect he was transporting to lockup. = Yawn = Not news!!

Old 06-21-2015, 08:28 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Gee, nine people killed versus one person killed? Yeah, that's a real head-scratcher...

Aside from that, the glaringly obvious reason is that the Charleston shooting was not just a crime against nine people - it was a political attack, terrorism, literally by the admission of the shooter targeting an entire race.

You might as well ask, with feigned bewilderment, why the Boston Marathon bombing (with a third the fatality rate of the recent shooting in South Carolina) got so much coverage - exponentially more than the Charleston shooting, as a matter of fact. That, too, was a crime of political terror. And I'm sure you understand that perfectly well. It's coverage was warranted by the fact that it was an attack on people just because they were American citizens. Yet you'd have us believe that an attack on people chosen as targets just because they are black is not significant.

So how is it that you can comprehend the perceived magnitude of a political crime committed by a Muslim with an ideological opposition to the West, but are utterly baffled at the magnitude accorded a crime committed by a white person with an ideological opposition to the black race?

Rest assured, I do not ask these questions in search of any real answers from you, for you make your selective agenda loud and abundantly clear in your post.
/End Thread. It's too early in the AM for this nonsense lol.

Great post, Unsetto.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:19 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,140,233 times
It doesn’t fit the media’s agenda.

The marksmanship was pretty **** poor.

How come Al and Jesse haven’t chimed in? Well that simple there’s no money to extort.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:19 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

The fact is a couple of dozen black people could've been killed in the shootings that happened yesterday and it wouldn't have made a difference in how much coverage it received or how much blacks ended up caring about it. My point is you can call the Charleston murders a hateful, terrorist, racist attack, but SO WHAT? Why should this which is a once in a blue moon attack that likely won't be repeated anytime soon take so much more precedence over the near daily murders of black people by other black people? Shouldn't that issue be given at least the same importance if not more so considering how many more black communities and families will be affected by black on black violence vs some random attack like this?

And yes I DO think the Boston Marathon bombing was blown out of proportion in relation to the actual damage caused. Terrorism against Americans isn't a minor issue these days, but I've always thought it dumb that our government had no problem with spending untold amounts of money and resources to avenge Americans who have been killed and injured by foreign terrorists, but choose not to spend just as much energy and resources to prevent Americans from killing each other which is an infinitely larger problem.

The same goes for black people and how they will march, protest and demand change when one of their own is killed by a non-black, yet they won't do the same when its a black on black crime. I mean if blacks were being at least murdered and assaulted at the same rate that non-blacks currently are by blacks, then yes, I could understand why it would be considered a significant enough of an issue to demand something be done about it. BUT THIS ISN'T THE CASE. And just because this attack was committed by a 'white racist', it shouldn't be considered THAT much more important that this incident will be talked about for days and weeks to come, yet the never ending black on black violence will FOREVER be overlooked and never discussed publicly even though many more black lives have been lost and will continue to be lost because blacks REFUSE to tackle that problem just as passionately as they do with non-black on black crime.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:28 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
No outrage. WHY?

Through the endless killings we are becoming desensitized to the daily carnage happening out there, now unless its a mass shooting no one really cares any more,just another day in America, the media tries to make a story out of it and i'm sure most people just change the channel as they arent interested in the details of yet another killing.
Probably 30 people get shot and killed every day in the USA,

Old 06-21-2015, 09:45 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,233,988 times
Quote:

You already know the answer to your question.

The Charleston shooting has a political angle. And it's election season. Remember what happened in SC in 2000?

Old 06-21-2015, 09:57 AM

675 posts, read 723,576 times
We have a significant problem with black crime here in Baltimore. I'm sure you have heard about the accidental death of Freddy Gray and what is happening with it. Baltimore has had a 40 % increase in murders this year over last year. Not one black politician has mentioned that. They just want to distract everybody from the bigger problem of crime. Non violent crime here is out of control. It is chronic. I think the amount of crime here has overwhelmed the criminal justice system so much that it is no longer functional. We also have one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the county. The truth is that families here no longer socialize their children. If this keeps up Baltimore is going to end up like Detroit. Honest tax payers will leave and Baltimore will move to bankruptcy status and crime will get worse.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:06 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:

In Detroit:

In Philadelphia:

These are dog bites man style stories. So commonplace that they are not newsworthy. The Charleston shooting was a man bites dog sort of situation...newsworthy because of its "blue moon" nature. The unfortunate side effect of this ratings reality is that knee jerk government responses will be more geared towards stopping the crimes that are the least likely to happen on any given day. And because they are knee jerk they can be disproportionately severe and people will be more likely to tolerate it. So you get maximum suppression of rights for minimal return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies