Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 04:30 PM

28,690 posts, read 18,837,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
Probably because fox, while a little more balanced than the rest of the media, still has to shy away from telling the complete truth about race because they'll most likely be called "the klan", etc. even more than they already are for the generally pc stuff they do.
Yeah, right.

"Human beings are not rational animals; human beings are rationalizing animals." -- Robert A. Heinlein.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I would think that would bring more attention than a rare event. If it was a drug side effect or an illness it certainly would.
I'd like some links if you have them on those figures.
"When a dog bites a man, that is not news, because it happens so often. But if a man bites a dog, that is news." The quote is also attributed to Charles Anderson Dana (1819–1897)

The rare event is news, the common event is not. That news media phenomenon was noted over a hundred years ago.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:03 PM

605 posts, read 492,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
The 13th Amendment was not passed until 2 years AFTER the end of the Civil War.
Nope, incorrect. The Civil War ended on May 9th, 1865, and the 13th Amendment was passed by the Senate on April 8th, 1864, by the House on January 31st, 1865, and was ratified on December 6th, 1865, before then being adopted on December 18th, 1865. Perhaps you meant 2 years after the Emancipation Proclamation, which was issued mid-war.

Pretty funny that you were calling others out for needing to learn history.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:34 PM

648 posts, read 1,175,862 times
Max- that is exactly absolutely what is proves. And don't even get started on black against white crime- happens every single day everywhere- but the media goes out of its way to avoid covering those stories. In contrast, every story about white-on-black crime, they jump on and beat it to death for months on end like it's the end of the world. The media is clearly only interested with keeping this country stirred up with a a mentality of 'blacks are innocent victims of the evil white devil'. They are only interested in pushing that in our faces non-stop.. I guess in hopes of in irony a race war..? (??) Or at least keeping black against white hatred ignited. And making sure that no matter what they do, blacks always come out looking innocent. It's 'politically incorrect' to speak the real truth about the bad things they do. No one wants to hear it or talk about it.. and the ones who do are afraid to. It's sickening. It's not about unbiased reporting of actual news anymore, it's about hyped up, agenda-skewed propaganda.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:27 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,049,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane_sm1th73 View Post
Meds for what, precisely?
WOW! You guys were right! Biting dogs certainly got me on the news, but the doc said I sure need some meds!

Old 06-22-2015, 07:25 PM

77 posts, read 132,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
White pride resulted in millions of people being killed, enslaved, dehumanized, and removed from their homeland. And I'm not just speaking of African Americans, but Africans, Asians, Native Americans, Indians in South American, Aboriginals, Native Hawaiians etc. White pride has a nasty connotation as a result.

Well okay then, in that context, black pride in Africa, in THIS DAY AND AGE, still sodomizes, rapes, kills, beheads, kidnaps, tortures and whatever other atrocity you want to throw in there. The black warlords in and around Central Africa are not prideful?? Oh, but that's right!! How silly of me. As long as it's black on black they're off the hook!

Everyone wants to look back on the past and lambaste white pride, but I ask you all, which is more poignantly inexcusable, genocide back hundreds of years ago, 9r genocide in today's world??

Look at how savage and how little Africans regard human life. You do not see that in today's highly civilized society in ONE white country.

Don't ever try to throw white people under the bus by using history as a weapon. I'll turn right around and use Joseph Kony as a weapon on YOU.

At least whote folks have learned from there ways. Look at today's ghettos. Look at zero social progress in black communities and all-time high black unemployment. But noo, not black people's fault! It's all the -evil- white folks.

Playing the bame game has gotten black folks real far in 50 years time...of course the irony and poetic justice of that statement is that the opposite is true.

Just as it should be.

Definition of Modern Day America: It's OK to endlessly bad mouth whites and villainize them for all of society's ills, but if you DARE speak ill of black people, why, get the tar and feathers!!

I don't know about you all, but personally, you'd have to be an idiot to aggrandize another demographic and decry your own while said demographic is smartly doing just the opposite and slowly turning your own people against you.

Wake up White America. We are not the problem. We are, and have always been, the solution and the hope.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:32 PM

77 posts, read 132,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Al Sharpton is a slithering, postured, political hack, who says only whatever is necessary in the situation to further advance his own personal chess piece across the board.

I'm talking about day-to-day city life. All I ever hear is blacks loudly bad mouthing whites, making sure white pee can hear them in earshot, and the conversely trendy little white-skinned Obama minions talking about how much white folks oppress everyone and how unfair it is and saying it loudly enough so all blacks in ear shot will hear and hopefully signify approval.

Disgraceful, this society.

(And to everybody who keeps repping my posts, stop hiding like cowards and step into the arena and let your voice be heard. If there were more unafraid people like me who dared to challenge the status quo, we as white Americans might not be at this all-time low social standing. Speak up people!

Old 06-22-2015, 07:52 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,182,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickOfAllThePC1983 View Post
Al Sharpton is a slithering, postured, political hack, who says only whatever is necessary in the situation to further advance his own personal chess piece across the board.

I'm talking about day-to-day city life. All I ever hear is blacks loudly bad mouthing whites, making sure white pee can hear them in earshot, and the conversely trendy little white-skinned Obama minions talking about how much white folks oppress everyone and how unfair it is and saying it loudly enough so all blacks in ear shot will hear and hopefully signify approval.

Disgraceful, this society.

(And to everybody who keeps repping my posts, stop hiding like cowards and step into the arena and let your voice be heard. If there were more unafraid people like me who dared to challenge the status quo, we as white Americans might not be at this all-time low social standing. Speak up people!
Lol. I highly doubt you're around black people enough to have some sort of credible opinion, based on your obvious feelings towards them.

The majority of blacks are living their lives, not concerned about the opinions of other races and playing the victim card to 'whitey'. However, certain situations demand a certain level of concern and outrage, such as 9 people being murdered in a church for absolutely no reason, whatsoever. I would think there would be no debate over that.

By the way, you're posting on the wrong forum with your, um, opinions.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickOfAllThePC1983 View Post
That's what you asked for, proving once again:

"Human beings are not rational animals; human beings are rationalizing animals."

Quote:
What in the world makes you think blacks would talk to each other about such things in your earshot?

Old 06-22-2015, 08:29 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,765,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
The shooting at Charleston was tragic, no question. No excuses. Those people didn't deserve to die. We have plenty of outrage for that one single bluemoon incident.

My question is in one single night yesterday:

In Detroit:

11 people shot in Detroit on Saturday, 1 fatally

In Philadelphia:

3 Children Among 10 Wounded When Gunman Opens Fire At Philadelphia Block Party « CBS Philly

Two separate mass shootings, a total of 21 people shot and one of them dies. All black victims. Where is the black outrage for these incidents? How come national media barely gave either of these acts of violence any coverage at all? Where are all the angry, protesting black people calling for an end to these kinds of incidents? Does this not show once and for all that blacks only care about mass killing and injury of their own kind ONLY when the perpetrator is non-black?

The one biggest difference between the Charleston shooting and these two shootings besides the race of the perpetrator is that a similar incident to Charleston won't likely happen anytime soon. There is NEVER going to be a wave of blacks being murdered by hateful whites, only isolated incidents such as this one. On the otherhand this being the beginning of summer, there are going to be many, MANY multiple shootings that will happen that will leave many dead and injured. Yet blacks choose to throw all their anger and energy at the problem that is relatively speaking much less damaging of the two.

It would be like a general that has two forces in battle. One is composed of 1,000 men, the other is composed of 10,000 men. Both are losing to the enemy and in danger of breaking and being routed and the general can only take his reserves to save one of his forces. The logical choice would be to save the larger force, but for some inexplicable reason the general chooses to save the 1,000 man force instead. That's how it feels to me everytime I see a non-black on black incident and we see the coming together of blacks to want to do something to effect actual change, but they REFUSE to put anywhere near as much effort to do the same when it comes to black on black crime which is the problem that's damaging and destroying black communities and families FAR MORE than anything else ever will.
C'mon Max, there are more important things effecting black people, like the confederate flag flying outside the SC Capitol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies