Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 11:10 PM

15,090 posts, read 8,634,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaminofitall View Post
Pretty embarrassing post.

I'm a physics major that got into computers and sold a dot com to make my money, but I'm a scientist at heart.

Almost all science is wrong. That's the whole point. The scientific method is the single most important creation in the history of man. It's exact. It's always correct. It's the reason we know the earth is round, it's the reason we know other planets exist, it's the reason we know everything that matters in life.

I have no idea what the OP is trying to convey.

Can anyone narrow down what the central argument is here?
I have no idea what you are trying to convey. Given your contention that the "scientific method" is the most important creation in the history of man, one would expect such a thing to be almost always right, not almost always wrong.

That's lie saying that the seatbelt is the greatest safety invention of the automobile industry because everyone that wears one dies in a car accident. And that makes no sense at all, from any vantage point,

Just sain'

Old 06-23-2015, 12:48 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
My "social responsibility" doesn't include passifying our ignorance by allowing myself to be injected with poison.

And I'm old enough to have had ALL of those "dreaded and deadly" diseases you believe is your duty and right to save everyone from, even if they don't want your assistence. Mumps, measles, chickenpox, all of them I've had, and now, immune for life ... no booster shots required.
What?...Never had smallpox, TB or polio? Oh, that's right, vaccines have taken care of those for the most part.

Smallpox was responsible for an estimated 300–500 million deaths during the 20th century. As recently as 1967, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimated that 15 million people contracted the disease and that two million died in that year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox

Old 06-23-2015, 12:59 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Nikola Tesla didn't depend on the scientific method much.

Neither did Thomas Edison.

Had they been restricted to scientific proofs, we'd still be be watching puppet shows by candlelight.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:55 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Of course there are flaws in medical science. Science is limited to what we already know, or think we know. Bare in mind, we once though Earth was the center of the universe, which made sense given the stars seem to follow a set path which would suggest they circle the Earth. That logic is relatively sound. In correct, but sound all the same.

But Natural Medicine is a vague term, which can very from things that do actually work to things that are obviously BS. Just think about what you put in your body before you do it and do your research. If a doctor tells you to take a drug for whatever condition and you see problems with addiction to the drug or other horrible side effects, it's up to you to decide what's worth the risk. Just as you should be skeptical of some natural science. Just because it's on a blog doesn't make it valid.

I would like to know how there is any logic whatsoever of giving Chemotherapy to a cancer patient. There are only two sides to Chemistry -- acid and alkaline. When we are healthy our immune system is alkaline enough where our lymph can circulate easily throughout our bodies. When you have a condition like cancer with a clogged immune/lymphatic system that is highly acidic-- characterized by an over acid pH, does it make any sense to correct the problem by adding MORE ACID with chemotherapy? Furthermore, what is the logic behind a woman with breast cancer having the surgeon also cut out the lymph node as a "safe guard" under her arm? That makes about as much sense as removing your septic tank at your house if it overflows. Where are the wastes supposed to go after the lymph node is removed, to the lungs?

I won't even start on the torture they put burn victims through with skin grafts when soothing healing herbs like Aloe could be used as an alternative.

You don't have to have a medical degree to see BASIC egregious practices that take place every day in western medicine. All you have to do is look and question. Yet the sad thing is people don't question their doctors because we are all conditioned not to question them since they have been to "medical school". But when you just think about some of what they do, a LOT of it doesn't make any sense at all.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:13 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What?...Never had smallpox, TB or polio? Oh, that's right, vaccines have taken care of those for the most part.

Smallpox was responsible for an estimated 300–500 million deaths during the 20th century. As recently as 1967, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimated that 15 million people contracted the disease and that two million died in that year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox
Agreed except for TB. We don't vaccinate for that here in the US, just test for it. Don't know the other poster's age, but those of us who are middle aged or older were vaccinated for smallpox and polio as children.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:22 AM

Quote:
I believe what Emily is pointing out here is that even some main streamers are beginning to confirm what we skeptics have known all along. It's not a 'smoking gun", but simply confirmation.

Furthermore, we have seen in recent times, a significant number of revelations about deliberate manipulations and fabrications of data and studies from insider sources as well as independent scientific sources. Some of these revelations have been bombshells, yet completely ignored by the mass media and mainstream medical establishment who seem unmoved by new information, and particularly hostile to any new, inconvenient data.

For example, it was recently revealed how scientific studies have now shown that chemotherapy actually causes an acceleration of cancer growth, rather than serve as a cure. You'd think (if one was so inclined to really think) that such information would blow the lid off this fraud posing as effective and safe medicine, yet it seems to fall on deaf ears. See no evil ... speak no evil ... hear no evil ... that's the response.

Another revelation coming from insiders revealed how the FDA covered up data showing a causal link between vaccines and autism .... of course, the whistle blowers are attacked as quacks and the show marches on, along with an increased push for elimination of vaccination wavers. This is the exact opposite of the rational response, which should have been public demand for a full blown investigation into the manipulations being revealed.

The reality is, there are hundreds of billions of dollars riding on continuing and expanding pharmaceutical based medicine whether or not it is effective or safe. Efficacy and safety are just consumer/patient concerns to be addressed as a continued selling point only, and not a scientific or medical concern. That serves no significant role in the course if modern medicine .... if a particular "treatment" masks a symptom, but causes further health issues, well, all the better, since another treatment can be offered for that. A win-win for the medical establishment ... for the patient, not so much.

No industry has become as corrupt as the medical industry, with their unprecedented mandates and product liability protections written into law by their bribe taking lackies in congress. No other industry enjoys such laws requiring public participation/purchase of their product, while also granting them immunity from the well established rules governing product liability that applies to every other business or product.

The fraud is so blatant ... it's impossible not to see.
Right. Western Medicine has always been ALL ABOUT THE MONEY especially here in America. At least in other countries other modes are offered on a level playing field and not maligned like they are here.

Also I used to go to the World Health Organization website and though their statistics on the amount of money on "healthcare" per capita spent was far more in this country than anywhere else, another statistic showed that only a very small percentage of our "geriatric population" had a "healthy life expectancy". The last time I checked years ago, we were spending over $5000 per capita. Cuba spent about $350 per capita and their percentage of geriatric population with a healthy life expectancy was the same as ours! Is that sad or what? It shows we are getting squat for our money. Yet Japan, Italy, Spain, Australia and even the U.K. and others spent in the $2000 range and they all had a much larger geriatric population with a healthy life expectancy - like double or triple the percentage we had - and spent in some cases less than half of what we spent.

I bet if I checked there now I'd find, thanks to Obamacare, our costs have skyrocketed even beyond where they were.... and we STILL wouldn't have anything to show for it.

Regarding effectiveness of chemo, they've known for years that about 2 percent of chemo does any benefit. When you think of all the famous people who start chemo, they all die soon after. Steve Jobs is a good example. He never should have succumb to his family's wishes to do it. It KILLED him.

Last edited by emilybh; 06-23-2015 at 03:18 AM..

Old 06-23-2015, 02:33 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
"I won't even start on the torture they put burn victims through with skin grafts when soothing healing herbs like Aloe could be used as an alternative."

You cannot be serious. We're not talking about a sunburn. I'm all about aloe, grow it and use it myself. A "soothing healing herb" is not going to heal the dead charred skin of a burn victim.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:34 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Science is not a list of knowns. And everyone who studies or talks about science should know that... it is a list of best guesses based on best understanding (at the moment) of previously tested and accepted results... subject to change anytime a new results are discovered that correct or invalidate a previously known result or "fact." It is also a process for discovering and testing "facts."

Anyone who tries to discredit science based on the unknowns, incorrect facts, and bad information obsoleted by the new, doesn't understand science and might as well be reading tea leaves or holding seances.

And while it is true that some "scientist" take shortcuts for whatever reason and can be thought of as quacks. People who totally ignore any science based method to prove that a substance or method for healing based solely on nature and untested guesses is dangerous.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 06-23-2015 at 02:42 AM..

Old 06-23-2015, 02:34 AM

Quote:
It's one thing to believe a good story, but to blindly accept a story with OBVIOUS problems is quite another.

We've all been to elementary school, and I assume that they still teach kids about George Washington, and other notable figures of history. Look at all those old, white haired men who founded this nation in the 1700's. So many figures in the past which lived to ripe old ages simply does not jibe with this nonsensical crap about everyone dying by the age of thirty.

The truth is, many people didn't live long in those days, but this was the difference between privilege and commoner, who lived much harsher lives than their aristocratic contemporaries. Better food, cleaner water, better housing and environment, along with less or very little hard personal labor accounted for the differing life expectancy between aristocrat and commoner... not this supposed miracle of modern medicine that didn't exist then.

While modern medicine does have certain tools now that routinely save lives that would have been lost in days past, like antibiotics, and such .., and trauma is also a thing modern medicine deals with far more effectively ... the actual state of health from a wellness/sickness perspective is a monumental failure today.

Logic would suggest that an industry which thrives on illness is unlikely to be the best source for promoting/delivering wellness, and that is what results are showing. We pay more than any other nation for "healthcare, while also leading every other nations in all of the major diseases. Just consider that, and explain to us how that equates to such wild success? It plainly doesn't add up. Something is wrong with this picture we've had painted for us ... and it's all too obvious.

The general life expectancy of the masses has increased in modern times not because of pharmaceutical drugs, but from better overall living conditions, sanitation, refrigeration, cleaner water and more abundant food. Yet, we are now experiencing a decline .... as our food and water is being poisoned, making us fatter and sicker than ever ... perfect candidates for those miracle cures of modern medicine!
That is true also. Sanitation and clean(ish) water have done more to help us than the medical community has. If you research the archives of the effects of the Polio vaccine you'll find it came out just after the worst of the epidemic was over and there were groups they studied back then that received the vaccination (the military bases) versus those that didn't have access to it and it was the VACCINATED population that had the greatest number of polio victims. So certainly I'm not sold on the efficacy of any vaccine. Basically, I think the medical community should stick to what they excel at which is acute care. They should stay away from prevention and stay away from chronic and degenerative problems.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Then do your family and self a favor: stay away from hospitals and doctors and go for natural treatment, no matter what.
I do exactly that for anything but a serious accident. I haven't so much as taken an aspirin or Tylenol in probably 25 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies