Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 08:25 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
We have pride months for almost every other race, ethnicity, religion, orientation, etc, yet if a white person simply says they are proud to be white, they are instantly branded a racist. If a black person is proud to be black, they are "empowered" and praised.

Roof was evil and sick. Violence is no answer. However, these types of incidents raise uncomfortable questions about why white advocacy is so discouraged, and why simply being proud of being white is hated, even if no one is harmed by doing so. I can be proud that I'm white without subjugating a black person.

Why is this concept ignored or demonized?
Do you want a month? Can I ask why?

Exactly what happens when you get a month? What in your life changes?

Nothing. Black people aren't better or worse for having a month. It does nothing. It's not even really black history; it's American history. I don't know of any elementary schools who talk about black history and learn about anything that happens in Africa. Black people have been in the Americas for a few hundred years. Yet 'white history' is called Western Civ. classes and goes much deeper. Black history is a misnomer to make people with white guilt feel better.

But it's nothing.

I'm white and I don't want a month. I think it's offenses that you'd relegate an ethnic history to a month. I think the concept of racial identify is poisonous and has done more harm that good and little if anything can change that except for acknowledging the race is nothing more than ascetic genetics and a social construct designed to control people.

Being told to take pride in your race is nothing but a ploy. Ignore you're poverty, or crippling debt, or whatever it is holding you back. Look at this rich history you have. But pride in something you have no control over is idiotic. Take pride in what you do, not what others have done for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 08:25 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,807 times
White advocacy is discouraged because many are afraid of the idea of Whites organized for their own self interests.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:59 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,084,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Eh. Whatever. I don't get it.

If you're proud to be white, what are you celebrating? Your ... whiteness? Kinda dumb.

Proud to be German or Polish or Irish or any other ethnicity - I get that. But just proud to be white? No.

To each his own though.
I agree,

However, I feel the same about being "proud" of anything like skin color or sexual orientation regardless what your pigmentation/sexual proclivity is.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:29 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,078 times
Why is their BET on TV but not WET?

Old 07-04-2015, 10:40 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Why is their BET on TV but not WET?
Because you already own all the other 249 channels.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:46 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,271,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
White advocacy is discouraged because many are afraid of the idea of Whites organized for their own self interests.
Largely true as we are the ones designated by the media to get what's owed to us.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Because you already own all the other 249 channels.
"What you talking about Willis?" I don't own a single TV channel.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:27 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
"What you talking about Willis?" I don't own a single TV channel.
OK. I'll play. Because Whites already own all the other 249 channels. They could make any one of them WET anytime they wanted to. Blacks have one channel and sure enough, someone ******* about where is the White channel.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
OK. I'll play. Because Whites already own all the other 249 channels. .
Can you prove this?

Old 07-04-2015, 05:49 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,000 times
White people don't need any advocacy because there is no institutional discrimination against them despite what the Tea Party stormfront crowd seems to think. It's pretty much like declaring you're an advocate for the rich, it just makes you a creepy d-bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies