Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 01:48 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The Hypocrite Factor.

Yep. +1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 01:49 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,813,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is called irony, people weren't upset that the photo was taken like that, people were upset that a president was clearly that stupid to think his quagmire was over.
So the irony was that *******s were pithing their pants over 'thinking quagmire over' when the banner was intended to apply directly to the mission of that particular crew. Quagmire?... that was another event.

It's the liberals stuck in their own thoughtless quagmire.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:54 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Seems more like a random photo than an intentionally made one, but I am guessing it didn't get any real press time for anyone to be aware of it to feel the need to condemn it.

If it was an intentional photo, it was done in poor taste, but I have to ask the question why did Cruz do a speech at a place that had a giant gun on the wall that would be seen at head level?
Wow. Naive much? Do you HONESTLY believe that?

These people do this for a living, you think they don't know how to properly frame a photo? They aren't amateurs, they know exactly what they are doing.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:55 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroxian View Post
So the irony was that *******s were pithing their pants over 'thinking quagmire over' when the banner was intended to apply directly to the mission of that particular crew. Quagmire?... that was another event.

So tell us, how good is Bush's kool-aid you have been chugging?

Old 06-22-2015, 01:56 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Wow. Naive much? Do you HONESTLY believe that?

These people do this for a living, you think they don't know how to properly frame a photo? They aren't amateurs, they know exactly what they are doing.
I think the photographer took a lot of photos that day and the AP uploaded them all for people to use. I highly doubt the photographer was thinking he has a "gotcha moment" that you all seem to be thinking happened....though it has been funny watching you guys freak out over this.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:11 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
AP Photo Points Gun at Ted Cruz's Brain

There is zero chance this was done an accident. I seem to recall the media and democrats going off the rails when target symbols were used in political fashion to show who we needed to defeat in elections. Yet here we have a deliberate hateful message, yet nothing from Obama or the media. Could you imagine if this same thing was done to someone like Pelosi or Obama? It would be viral within an hour. The media wouldn't stop talking about it and demand apologies and demand someone be fired. But this is just a Conservative. As far as they are concerned, no big deal. Hell, they probably secretly hope someone uses this image to act violently toward's Cruz.
Strong contrast, well-composed, powerful image.
Photog might have been after "live / die by the sword" imagery.
As in - gun rights in today's heated Twitterverse might just be political suicide.

Quote:
Twenty years from now if there is some obscure trivial pursuit question, I am confident I will be the answer. (Ted Cruz)

Old 06-22-2015, 02:13 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
I think the photographer took a lot of photos that day and the AP uploaded them all for people to use. I highly doubt the photographer was thinking he has a "gotcha moment" that you all seem to be thinking happened....though it has been funny watching you guys freak out over this.
I think you are either extremely naive, or you are not being honest. Either way, you don't look good here.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:19 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Why isn't Obama, Dems, the press condemning AP photo depecting gun at Cruz's head?

Uh, because despite whiny RW hyperbole, it DOES NOT depict a gun at Cruz's head but rather Rafael himself posing in front of a poster?

Old 06-22-2015, 02:30 PM

698 posts, read 587,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
Did the AP make Ted Cruz give a speech at the gun range and put that poster up and then ask him to stand right there for a picture?

I think that photo is more a case of unintentional irony.
Exactly, if you give a speech at a gun related business there is a good chance you will end up with a gun poster in the background of your pictures.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:34 PM

698 posts, read 587,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroxian View Post

LOL, time to put down the bong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies