Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2015, 01:27 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Move on?

Does that include those who insist that the south will rise again?
Why haven't they moved on?

Does that include those who use that flag as a memorial to a time they wish still existed?

I constantly hear that people should move on from slavery and yet rarely are those who advocate for a return to segregatin, etc. told to move on.

Why is that?
I just thought of a creative racist Recruiting Strategy: we southern white men are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. we will carry that flag and our fighting spirit

LOL

Racists only have a voice when media give them airtime. Hardcore censorship does people no good.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:31 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
The PEOPLE of SC wanted that flag flown at the capital. It was a big "FU" by the Dixicrats to Lyndon Johnson for signing the Civil Rights Act.
SC has been a nuisance since 1776.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:33 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Both of South Carolina's Republican United States Senators are on board, as is Presidential candidate (and likely Republican Presidential nominee in 2016) Jeb Bush.

Haley, U.S. Sen. Tim Scott calling for Confederate flag’s removal today - Post and Courier
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...-capitol/?_r=0
Jeb Bush calls on South Carolina to 'do the right thing' with Confederate flag | Miami Herald Miami Herald

However, I'm sure there are other Republican Presidential candidates who will call for the GOP to continue shooting itself in the foot on this issue.

It is the Democrats who hoisted that flag. This is not a GOP issue.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:37 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Who do you think those people would be? Flying pieces of fabric. Don't dwell on that but on how if anything, changes your perspective.
Read the post you just quoted "many different types of people"

Old 06-22-2015, 01:39 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Read the post you just quoted "many different types of people"
Huh? I asked you to imagine the US flags you claimed to see, with confederate/Nazi flags while US flags being burnt. Just pieces of fabricmight be your attitude, if so, let me know.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:40 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Wasn't it Ernest Hollings when he was the Governor?

Old 06-22-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Move on?

Does that include those who insist that the south will rise again?

Does that include those who use that flag as a memorial to a time they wish still existed?

I constantly hear that people should move on from slavery and yet rarely are those who advocate for a return to segregatin, etc. told to move on.

Why is that?
What? they don't have to move on... all they are doing is flying a piece of fabric. lol.

You guys are putting way to much thought into this, just listen to yourselves... you are telling people what THEIR views are and arguing against them... seriously, its a piece of cloth...

Old 06-22-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Huh? I asked you to imagine the US flags you claimed to see, with confederate/Nazi flags while US flags being burnt. Just pieces of fabricmight be your attitude, if so, let me know.
You are going way off topic here, i asked you what is wrong with displaying a piece of fabric. its honestly the most minor thing in the world, the only harm it will do is when a large gust of wind comes through and it fly's into someone car and covers their windshield, and here you guys are putting your own meanings behind these pieces of fabric and getting all offended by those who choose to fly a piece of fabric.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:43 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
I don't agree with your assessment of history but either way it's time for BOTH parties to come to an agreement to take it down NOW, in the year 2015. The Civil War is over. The Civil Rights Movement of the 60's is over when it was hoisted in protest to President Johnson's actions. There is no excuse for leaving a flag on public property that has come to symbolize White Supremacy and is widely used by hate groups.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:47 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
As I just wrote in another thread, damned if they do, damned if they don't. The whole "GOP = racist" meme persists no matter what the GOP does.

We demand you take down that flag, but now that you took it down, you still suck because we had to demand it and you only did it because you were scared of us demanding it, so you are racist!!

And this is why every "the GOP must confront racism" demand is pure nonsense. It's "when did you stop beating your wife" false dilemma gotcha on steroids.

Pretty much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies