Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 06:33 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I think you're right. By 2040 in about 30 years whites will be the minority in this country. I hope I live to see this. I wonder if the country will be a more peaceful forgiving place to live? I hope so. All this divide we have going on in such an advanced country, while we have so many people around us in other countries that would give anything to live in ours makes us look foolish to the world. I wonder what all the mixed people are doing about the war within them. The one drop certainly doesn't hold true anymore.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. As the old dogs die out, the puppies play together. They will blow air in a different direction and a new generation of ideals will be our future. I'm hoping they make it better, and progress farther than their fathers and mothers. So far, every generation has made positive changes over the years and that's nothing but encouraging.
White people have been the minority for some time in Detroit, Memphis, Newark, the Bronx, Gary, Indiana, Camden, NJ, Baltimore, Oakland, etc., etc., etc. Have they become more peaceful, forgiving places to live? Not really.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:04 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,158 times
The Bronx was horrible when I was growing up there, insane. Now though? It's not even close.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:04 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
Please elaborate on this one. I DO find this hard to believe because, as a black American, I have never experienced racism from a white person. My best friend, who I consider my sister, is white. Most of my friends are white. I attended a majority white Catholic school, where I was a popular figure. I have been inside white households and walked/ran through white neighborhoods without incident. Even when I'm in college in Northeast PA, I do the aforementioned activities without incidents. In fact, most people say hello to me as I pass them by.

So, yes, I do have a hard time believing that. Besides, the definition of racism is the belief that one racial group is superior to another. By this definition, ANY person of ANY race can think that their race is superior to another person's. I think the Black Israelites that preach their hate in downtown Philly, New York, and DC are more hateful than any white person I have ever met.
Wow. What a nice post. I'm glad to hear that you haven't experienced mistreatment because of your race. I wish this were the case for all black people. Thanks for being honest about your experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Because talking is all that most white liberals are willing to do. Will they live in integrated neighborhoods, send their children to integrated schools? Not likely. But they will have a "conversation." So that's what they'll call for.
This is true, but what drives me bonkers is that the rich white liberals want to preach on and on about how racist white conservatives are, but many white conservatives from the south live in poor neighborhoods and are surrounded by black people and get along with them just fine. I have lived in two poor black neighborhoods, and I am a white person. A lot of these white bleeding heart liberals don't even know any poor black people but claim to know so much about them.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:28 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
Racism comes from mainly one large group of people. I know races have racists but still you can't deny its almost completely one sided.

I agree, till the black population learn to change their way of thinking, racism will never end.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:29 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I agree, till the black population learn to change their way of thinking, racism will never end.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:44 PM

716 posts, read 1,237,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armendmo View Post
Every time that we see blatant racism such as we saw in Charleston the talking heads keep repeating that we need to have honest conversations about racism. We can talk about it until we're blue in the face and we won't be able to convince some people to stop thinking the way they do. I don't know what the solution to racism is but I don't think "conversations" are going to help.
The conversations are always one sided anyway(pro black, anti-white) so I would rather not hear the rhetoric.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:35 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Quote:
White people have been the minority for some time in Detroit, Memphis, Newark, the Bronx, Gary, Indiana, Camden, NJ, Baltimore, Oakland, etc., etc., etc. Have they become more peaceful, forgiving places to live? Not really.
And what's the common denominator? All of those places have a large lower-income population. I wouldn't call any poor inner city place "peaceful and forgiving".

BTW, I was raised in a very nice section of the Bronx. No dodging bullets until I went to high school in Manhattan.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:44 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,158 times
Riverdale?

Old 06-22-2015, 10:16 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,623,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I think you're right. By 2040 in about 30 years whites will be the minority in this country. I hope I live to see this. I wonder if the country will be a more peaceful forgiving place to live? I hope so. All this divide we have going on in such an advanced country, while we have so many people around us in other countries that would give anything to live in ours makes us look foolish to the world. I wonder what all the mixed people are doing about the war within them. The one drop certainly doesn't hold true anymore.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. As the old dogs die out, the puppies play together. They will blow air in a different direction and a new generation of ideals will be our future. I'm hoping they make it better, and progress farther than their fathers and mothers. So far, every generation has made positive changes over the years and that's nothing but encouraging.
Yes, because the parts of the world with minority or no Caucasian populations are incredibly peaceful today. Get those white people out of Israel and the Gaza Strip, it will be the garden of Eden. Syria without Caucasians? Paradise! Sudan, Kashmir, Nigeria, Somalia, Pakistan, Libya, Yemen? Someday they will overthrow their white oppressors!

Old 06-22-2015, 10:26 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
Quote:
Because talking is all that most white liberals are willing to do. Will they live in integrated neighborhoods, send their children to integrated schools? Not likely. But they will have a "conversation." So that's what they'll call for.
You're kidding right? This isn't the 1950's. It's 2015.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies