Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2015, 04:32 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaminofitall View Post
So we're onto four personal attacks now, and not a single substantive claim to any of my or anyone elses hate-facts.

You're really bad at this.
What are you talking about???

Where did I ever personally attack you? I simply disagreed with the outrageous things you posted. You are obviously trying to disrupt the thread and bait others into a fight with you. I won't fall for it.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:35 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,673 times
Quote:
It's a factually correct statement. Read the Bell Curve. Read Andrew Sullivan. The media tried so hard to dismiss the bell curve, but couldn't find fault, called it racist and gave up.

I know you're taught that hate-facts are to be ignored, but you have to become a grown-up and accept some uncomfortable facts of life if you want to seriously get to the bottom of complex issues.

If you want to just go along w/ the status quo, by all means, avoid such provocative hate-facts.
I'll save readers the time.

I mean - you did read it, right?

Quote:
It seems highly likely to us that both genes and the environment have something to do with racial differences.
The debate about whether and how much genes and environment have to do with ethnic differences remains unresolved.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Four long paragraphs of unsubstantiated conjecture. If the 2014 elections haven't proven to you that it isn't about who merely lives in the country, it's about who actually goes out and votes, then I suppose nothing will.
Exactly and that is why when Democrats turn out and vote, as they traditionally do in presidential elections, they win. There are more registered Democrats in America than Republicans.

If the Democrats could only motivate their base to vote in the midterms as well, the GOP would be finished.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:37 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
I could easily do the same thing with Obama's racist pastor, but that's an intellectually dishonest cheap-shot. Which I'm above.

Get it? Of course not.
You can find more like-minded folks here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...as_hate_groups

Dylann Roof isn't your only kindred spirit, and the Bell Curve? Completely discredited by anyone who isn't a right-winger.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:38 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Closing the border is not relevant to 11 million undocumented immigrants currently here. What is relevant is that even the majority of Republican voters favor a path to citizenship.

Link to those landslide prediction, please? It's telling that Bush had to scratch and claw to victory as a wartime president with 50+ approval ratings. Our changing demographics were already working against him.

Believability of this statement = 0/10
  • How do you know? Did that 11 million elect you to speak for them?
  • 2014 proves that wrong.
  • What you believe is irrelevant to the topic.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
You can find more like-minded folks here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...as_hate_groups

Dylann Roof isn't your only kindred spirit, and the Bell Curve? Completely discredited by anyone who isn't a right-winger.
Excellent response Raymond. Thank you!

Old 06-22-2015, 04:43 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Does too liberal in your book means treating all Americans regardless of gender, ethnicity, or sexual orientation as equal human beings?
Democrats support treating all people equally regardless of ethnicity? Not really. The Obama admin has come out in favor of race-based admissions policies in universities, for example.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:43 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Your history lesson is irrelevant in 2015. The South advocated slavery and segregation at various points in its long, shameful history and they are SOLIDLY RED and have been for decades. There's a reason for that.
Yet people continue to pack their bags to move to the South as fast at they can. Boeing just opened a 787 aircraft assembly plant in SC and Volvo just announced a new vehicle assembly plant there as well.

Considering the sad state of the economies in most of the other states the South is doing pretty good for itself.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:45 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Exactly and that is why when Democrats turn out and vote, as they traditionally do in presidential elections, they win. There are more registered Democrats in America than Republicans.

If the Democrats could only motivate their base to vote in the midterms as well, the GOP would be finished.
And you just assume that these people will come out and vote next November. Which is a big ASSumption.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:45 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
So if they win the White House does that mean Obama and his Democrats are all the true racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies