Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 01:00 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,899,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
We need more Democratic Administrations in the White House to roll back the destructive Republican policies started under Reagan.
You're so blinded by partisan politics that you can't see the reality of what is really going on.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:02 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Not a Republican, so your jabs fall on maybe the most apathetic, uncaring voter in the entire US electorate. Few people care less about the kabuki theater we call politics than I do.

And I sort of agree with you, but from a wildly different set of hopes. We definitely need more Democrats in power, because I want to be alive to see their welfare state tyranny destroy the nation. Watching it all burn to the ground will provide me endless lulz. But you're so misguided about "what the GOP needs to do" that it's funny and frightening all at once.

The bigger the welfare state gets and the more people it gets addicted to its teat, the more helpless sheep I'll get to watch wander about bleating and babbling when their shepherds have run out of money to print, money to steal and slaves to put under the yoke for all their tyranny. So yes, by all means, more Democrats. More the better imho, gets me to my lulz faster.
We already have a welfare state for corporations. That is what crashed our economy under Bush and gave us the Great Recession.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:05 PM

872 posts, read 827,833 times
Quote:
Myth only in your mind. Reality says otherwise. And herein lies the problem. If Republicans can't even admit to themselves that they have a problem within their party, then there is no hope for them really. I don't think this is entirely a bad thing for America though. We need more Democratic Administrations in the White House to roll back the destructive Republican policies started under Reagan.
How about this fact. BOTH parties have problems within their party.

Remember ole Pelosi “we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it,”

We can’t keep our healthcare plans, Mr. President, and you knew it all along. You lied.

Yep, plenty of problems in both parties.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:07 PM

17,410 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
I know this is a topic that most Republicans would rather avoid. However at some point the GOP will have to have an honest conversation with itself about race and how it positions itself as a party in a changing America. There is undoubtedly a deep seated vein of racism which permeates the Republican base (this is far too obvious online including on sites like this). This has exacted a heavy toll on the GOP in Presidential elections.

Republicans have a serious and deteriorating PR problem in minority communities. But frankly, many Republicans don't care about this. They think the GOP can do without "these people". They point to Republican victories in the midterm elections of 2010 and 2014 as examples that the GOP can win without changing course. However what they fail to notice is the slow bleed of the GOP which has weakened the party significantly in presidential politics. The fact of the matter is America is not what it used to be demographically. Republicans have yet to fully accept that the Southern Strategy has met it Waterloo on the road to the White House.

If Republicans don't change course, they will continue to cede the White House to the Democrats. Interestingly the parties have switched roles. There was a period from Nixon to Bush (W.) where Republicans had a virtual lock on the White House reliably winning the majority of the Presidential election cycles in that period. Whereas the Democrats were traditionally the dominant party in Congress. Today the roles are completely reversed where the Democrats have a natural advantage in Presidential elections while Republicans have become more dominant in Congress (due in part to Gerrymandering).

One big reason this is happening is due to an increasingly diverse American electorate. The Democrats have capitalized on this and maximized their gains in Presidential elections. However the GOP continues to be handicapped at the Presidential level by their clinging to the southern strategy (if you don't know what this is, Google it). Whilst the southern strategy might still work in some local, state, and midterm elections; it has proven to be a spent force at the presidential level. The sooner Republicans accept this and change their ways the better off their party will be. Otherwise Democrats will continue to retain exclusive rights to the White House.

You don't want an honest conversation

You just want someone to agree with you.

And I think you're WAAAAYYYY offbase.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:08 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
Merrily we troll along...

Old 06-22-2015, 01:09 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
I know this is a topic that most Republicans would rather avoid. However at some point the GOP will have to have an honest conversation with itself about race and how it positions itself as a party in a changing America. There is undoubtedly a deep seated vein of racism which permeates the Republican base (this is far too obvious online including on sites like this). This has exacted a heavy toll on the GOP in Presidential elections.

Republicans have a serious and deteriorating PR problem in minority communities. But frankly, many Republicans don't care about this. They think the GOP can do without "these people". They point to Republican victories in the midterm elections of 2010 and 2014 as examples that the GOP can win without changing course. However what they fail to notice is the slow bleed of the GOP which has weakened the party significantly in presidential politics. The fact of the matter is America is not what it used to be demographically. Republicans have yet to fully accept that the Southern Strategy has met it Waterloo on the road to the White House.

If Republicans don't change course, they will continue to cede the White House to the Democrats. Interestingly the parties have switched roles. There was a period from Nixon to Bush (W.) where Republicans had a virtual lock on the White House reliably winning the majority of the Presidential election cycles in that period. Whereas the Democrats were traditionally the dominant party in Congress. Today the roles are completely reversed where the Democrats have a natural advantage in Presidential elections while Republicans have become more dominant in Congress (due in part to Gerrymandering).

One big reason this is happening is due to an increasingly diverse American electorate. The Democrats have capitalized on this and maximized their gains in Presidential elections. However the GOP continues to be handicapped at the Presidential level by their clinging to the southern strategy (if you don't know what this is, Google it). Whilst the southern strategy might still work in some local, state, and midterm elections; it has proven to be a spent force at the presidential level. The sooner Republicans accept this and change their ways the better off their party will be. Otherwise Democrats will continue to retain exclusive rights to the White House.
You must have been have completely stoned the last couple of Elections or you enjoy the same denial that our current moron and chief enjoys.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:10 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
You ain't fooling no one. I said this in another thread and I'll repeat it here: Fortunately the overwhelming majority of minorities aren't stupid. They know the Republican party of TODAY hates their guts and that is why they continue to vote in overwhelming numbers against the GOP.

Besides you really insult the intelligence of minorities by bringing historical trivia when they can clearly see for themselves which party is for them and which is against them. The segregationists who used to be Democrats of yesteryear make up the backbone of the GOP today.
Saying stupid things over doesn't make it true, but claiming the GOP hates minorities is a political tactic being used to divide this country along racial lines, and makes people making those claims the worst kind of bigot and racist.

Be careful trying to spread hatred, because morons like that jackass in Charleston are the worst kinds of bottom-dwellers that feed on that poison.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:13 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
waaaah the Republicans won't give us free stuff.
I am an affluent black American. I have never received a dime of welfare in my life (unlike millions of Republican voters in the south). The fact that you assume that I vote Democratic because "I want free stuff" is another reason why I would never vote Republican. The insult and inherent racism in that statement is palpable.

You never stopped to consider the fact that I vote Democratic because it was the Democratic party that pushed to end Segregation. It was the Democratic party that brought about the Civil Rights Act among many other progressive reforms. On the other hand, the Republicans have fought tooth and nail to roll back the civil rights reforms that have moved America out of the dark ages. These are but a few of the reasons why I vote Democratic but none of that involve receiving "free stuff".

Old 06-22-2015, 01:16 PM

21,125 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Another brainwashed liberal thinking that all blacks are Democrats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...an_Republicans

National Black Republican Association | National Black Republican Association

Old 06-22-2015, 01:18 PM

17,410 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
I am an affluent black American. I have never received a dime of welfare in my life (unlike millions of Republican voters in the south). The fact that you assume that I vote Democratic because "I want free stuff" is another reason why I would never vote Republican. The insult and inherent racism in that statement is palpable.

You never stopped to consider the fact that I vote Democratic because it was the Democratic party that pushed to end Segregation. It was the Democratic party that brought about the Civil Rights Act among many other progressive reforms. On the other hand, the Republicans have fought tooth and nail to roll back the civil rights reforms that have moved America out of the dark ages. These are but a few of the reasons why I vote Democratic but none of that involve receiving "free stuff".
You do know that a higher percentage of Republicans voted for the passage of the Civil Rights Act than Democrats, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies