Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 06:43 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
OP, take the collective brain of the right wingers here, and you will quickly find out why you can't blame the President but the right wingers for absence of Public Option... they want insurance companies to run the show.
Hmm, I've been called a right winger - even though socially I'm more of a liberal - and I definitely don't think insurance companies should run the show. In fact, most days I'm not even sure that they should exist. And I most assuredly don't believe that American citizens should be forced into doing business with the very same industry which has been responsible for much of the exorbitant increase in healthcare costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 06:48 PM

7,934 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Asking for people to be informed of the cost of something is being opposed to it? Public option should be available as competition to insurance companies as long as it doesn't cannibalize safety net insurance like Medicare.
I had said all long that I don't think public option will have the huge savings that some think it will have. Sorry if reality gets in your way of thinking. Logical people would like to see the cost of something before buying it.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:59 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Hmm, I've been called a right winger - even though socially I'm more of a liberal - and I definitely don't think insurance companies should run the show. In fact, most days I'm not even sure that they should exist. And I most assuredly don't believe that American citizens should be forced into doing business with the very same industry which has been responsible for much of the exorbitant increase in healthcare costs.
The main reason HC costs are so high has more to do with new technologies, our aging demographics and the general practice style of most docs these days. We have essentially moved en masse to specialty medicine which is very expensive. HC insurance is of course an add to all that. But even without private or other 3rd parties our HC costs are going more astronomical as we move forward.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:04 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Asking for people to be informed of the cost of something is being opposed to it? Public option should be available as competition to insurance companies as long as it doesn't cannibalize safety net insurance like Medicare.
I had said all long that I don't think public option will have the huge savings that some think it will have. Sorry if reality gets in your way of thinking. Logical people would like to see the cost of something before buying it.
A public option would probably supplant the Medicaids. Medicare could stay on its own for seniors, or not. Since Medicare already is essentially a public option for seniors.

It will all cost a whole lot of money! And I would be very surprised to see savings due to a public option. More people, more patients, more testing and more care won't come any cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies