Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 06:03 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times

Advertisements

I had heard oblique references to the 'reset' debacle, but only from reading a book did I learn what actually happened. At a meeting in Geneva, Switzerland, Hillary presented the Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov with a gift box containing a mock 'reset' button, intended to symbolize her wish to start over. Lazrov pointed out to her that the 'reset' button was mislabeled with a word that meant 'overcharge' in Russian.

I bet that not 1 in 1000 Americans is aware of this ignominious incident. I asked 10 of my friends about it and only one had a clue of whereof I spoke. What if it had been connected to, say, a GOP candidate for US Senate in Missouri, or a GOP Senate Majority Leader from Mississippi? It would have been splashed all over the front pages, recounted at top of the hour news, been the subject of cartoons, op-eds, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sudCmrAsF4

BTW, how is that 'reset' working out? To extend the analogy it appears that we got the blue screen of death.
Russia threatens to use 'nuclear force' over Crimea and the Baltic states - Europe - World - The Independent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 06:07 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
No, it probably would have just had a direct connection to the NORAD master nuclear launch switch; and we then would claim that Russia started it.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:09 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
I remember that, however I bet most *******s don't as it was on Fox News.

Hey HildaBeast ever heard of Google Translate?

Old 06-25-2015, 06:14 AM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I remember that, however I bet most *******s don't as it was on Fox News.

Hey HildaBeast ever heard of Google Translate?
She's too important to actually research things herself. Foggy Bottom (State Department) is filled with little liberal children to do things like that. Too bad they didn't have someone there that actually knew Russian.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 06-25-2015 at 06:35 AM..

Old 06-25-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
She's too important to actually research things herself. Foggy Bottom (State Department) is filled with little liberal children too do things like that. Too bad they didn't have someone there that actually knew Russian.
Like right out of an early Tom Clancy novel.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:28 AM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Like right out of an early Tom Clancy novel.
I'm not sure that even Tom had that sense of humor. Or could ever even envision a Secretary of State as utterly clueless and incompetent as Clinton. Part of the appeal of his books is that, even though they were fiction, he kept the stories plausable. This story really isn't.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:37 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure that even Tom had that sense of humor. Or could ever even envision a Secretary of State as utterly clueless and incompetent as Clinton. Part of the appeal of his books is that, even though they were fiction, he kept the stories plausable. This story really isn't.
I've read all his solo written works and there is plenty of humor at a high intellectual level. This type of scenario was covered many time with regards to the idiocy of State Department especially under a Democrat administration.

Many thought Clancy had gone over the deep end in the 1990's when he wrote a plot line where terrorists crash a planes in the Capitol building in two different novels.

From one of my saved favorites:

http://public-action.com/911/clancy.html

Old 06-25-2015, 06:38 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Agreed--it goes to show that truth is stranger than fiction. I doubt that the late great Clancy could have concocted such a scenario.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:41 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Hillary has a vagina and she is Mrs. Bill Clinton.

The Democrats and the left are receptive to no other information and need no other information about her than that. There is clearly no level of scandal, incompetence, hypocrisy, dishonesty, greed, exploitation of others, or anything that will change their minds.

Yes, it is surreal and something out of a bizarre science fiction movie, except that it isn't, as it is happening in real life, right before our very eyes, right now.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:47 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,848,734 times
Fortunately(?) it was just 'overcharge' ... it could have been worse (think of the possibilities)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies