Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 03:50 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If I ran for president, I wouldn't touch ObamaCare. I would tell the people that if they wanted to get rid of it, or alter it, they would have to do it via elections and legislation - just like it was enacted. Stop wasting time and money on trying to get the judicial system to short cut the system.

It's bad law. It's a bad way to do health care. The people put this is place. What do we want here?
Can you list your top 3 rational and specific objections to the ACA?

Anyone else? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 03:53 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,078,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
If this law is such a boon to the republicans then why all the outcry from them wanting the SCOTUS to strike it down? Seems kind of contradictory to me unless of course you are advocating there was a vast conspiracy to feign anger at something they really wanted upheld? It seems to me you are reaching for a silver lining that doesn't exist.
SCOTUS just ruled to throw away their sworn oath to uphold the Constitution. SCOTUS cannot change the law, only rule as to constitutionality. They have just ruled to change the law! Every one of them that voted this way should hang their heads in shame and resign! Their sworn word means absolutely nothing!

Old 06-25-2015, 04:03 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,078,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
If he really is a trust fund baby he doesn't know the meaning of "paying his own way." He's never had to pay his way for anything in his life, yet here he is complaining that someone else is getting a little help. Unbelievable. Everybody else did all the work for him so he can sit on his ass and be critical of the rest of us who didn't have Daddy Warbucks handing us everything on a silver platter. Now THAT'S the definition of a leech.
Wow! You don't know that. He may very well be taking his trust-fund earnings and putting them to very good use. I know several so-called trust-fund babies that do just that and do a great service for America.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
You mean plenty of people here willing to steal everything they can all the while complaining that their neighbor isn't paying their fair share.
You haven't left yet?

Old 06-25-2015, 04:15 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Wow! You don't know that. He may very well be taking his trust-fund earnings and putting them to very good use. I know several so-called trust-fund babies that do just that and do a great service for America.
He claims he "pays his own way" for his healthcare out of his trust fund, and then denigrates people who don't have trust funds--essentially money someone ELSE worked for and earned and simply handed to him--for needing some help to BUY their own insurance in the form of subsidies. You know, people who REALLY "pay their own way." With an entitlement attitude like that it's highly doubtful anything of service is happening for anyone else.

Last edited by JAMS14; 06-25-2015 at 04:31 PM..

Old 06-25-2015, 04:25 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Well, I for one am relieved about this decision. I no longer have my job, and this is the only way my husband and I can afford insurance.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:28 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Subsidies do not pay the full amount of the monthly premiums, they pay a portion based on income. If someone is too poor to be able to afford healthcare even with a subsidy they most likely qualify for expanded Medicaid. Of course, if they are unfortunate enough to live in a red state that refuses to expand Medicaid then they are out of luck. They need to vote the cretins out so they receive the benefits that Americans in sensible states receive.
This ^^^
I live in Florida and know people who don't make the minimum to qualify for Obamacare. It's a shame they can't get the insurance they need through Medicaid.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:28 PM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
I think it will be like Roe V Wade, from now on the promise to overturn ACA will the mantra for many politicians.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:35 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
This ^^^
I live in Florida and know people who don't make the minimum to qualify for Obamacare. It's a shame they can't get the insurance they need through Medicaid.
It's worse than a shame, it's costing lives. Shameful is more like it. And all for no other reason than politics. Shameful.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:39 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Can you list your top 3 rational and specific objections to the ACA?

Anyone else? Just curious.
  • It adds overhead to already inflated health care costs.
  • It allows the government more access into the decision making regarding people's personal choices on how they handle their health care.
  • The government has no incentive to give good service - since profit is not part of the equation.
  • The government can't do anything efficiently. They are not experts - at anything - except lining their own pockets.

I'm sure if I thought about it for a little bit - I could give you more.

In fact - maybe what we should do is have everyone give their three things - and try not to duplicate prior answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies