Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 09:32 PM

702 posts, read 540,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
If a gun fight ever breaks out, I'm pretty much screwed. I only have a seven round mag plus one in the chamber..... I don't think I could survive a gunfight.

Man, I don't know how you sleep at night knowing that at most you could only kill like eight people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Drive on down to Camden and put on a show for the folks down there. You could end up as legendary as John Lennon.. Possibly just as dead too.
If only Camden had more guns, it would be safer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 09:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
It is a daily occurence....... for someone. When's the last time there was ever a completely crime free day in America? Of course the odds of any one individual ever being attacked are slim, but it does happen every single day.
Those who have this as a daily occurrence might actually be the bad guys. I am sure gang members feel they need to be armed at all times because you never know what could happen.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:39 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
If only Camden had more guns, it would be safer.
Correction: If only more good people in Camden were able to get guns, it would be safer. NJ's gun laws are set up in such a way as only bad people can be armed, and the good people there just have to cross their fingers.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I'm not looking to be a hero. I am looking to going home to my grand kids for my days off. I am looking to be around after I have to park and try to sleep in some of the most dangerous areas of this country. I don't get to go home each day to a quaint little house in the burbs and set my alarm system. Hey, you want to be a victim, be my guest. Make sure to call the police if you are ever attacked. They can investigate and make a report for you... Or your survivors.
Maybe it is time to reevaluate where you live if it is such an unsafe place that you feel like you need to be armed at all times, especially if your grand children are that important to you. Living in dangerous places is already setting yourself up to be the victim at any given moment.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:40 PM

702 posts, read 540,144 times
Quote:
Unfortunately for Carol Bowne, there's no saving her. She's deader than a door nail, stabbed to death in her driveway. Rendered defenseless by the very laws that were meant to keep her safer. Maybe they did work though. After all, her ex killed her with a knife, not a gun, so I guess there's that.....
I agree that if Carol Bowne's ex had a gun, she wouldn't have been stabbed. That's what you refuse to acknowledge. Having a gun doesn't prevent you from being killed. If it did, 0 officers would die in the line of duty. And yeah, you can get stabbed to death despite having a gun if your assailant ambushes and overpowers you.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
You guys sure love to use hyperbole in order to avoid actually discussing the merits of carrying a gun, don't you?

I don't want to be your hero, or anyones. If I ever see you in a parking lot and you're getting mugged, don't worry, if I can get out of there without firing a shot, I will. I carry a gun to protect myself, as a last resort. You'd be on your own. Frankly, it wouldn't be worth the legal trouble....
Seeing you have no idea what I look like, you are basically admitting that you are armed only for selfish reasons. That is even worse than wanting to be the hero.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Those who have this as a daily occurrence might actually be the bad guys. I am sure gang members feel they need to be armed at all times because you never know what could happen.
My point is that good people have crimes foisted upon them every day. So no, no one individual has to worry much about being attacked, but good individuals are attacked every day.

As they say, the pile of bricks has to fall on someone.

When criminals are exclusively targeting other criminals, then I'll think about leaving my gun in the safe when I go out.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
My point is that good people have crimes foisted upon them every day. So no, no one individual has to worry much about being attacked, but good individuals are attacked every day.

As they say, the pile of bricks has to fall on someone.

When criminals are exclusively targeting other criminals, then I'll think about leaving my gun in the safe when I go out.
So you have been attacked by criminals how many times in your life?

Old 06-28-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Seeing you have no idea what I look like, you are basically admitting that you are armed only for selfish reasons. That is even worse than wanting to be the hero.
Ever hear of rhetorical commentary? That's what my comment about seeing you in a parking lot was.... rhetorical.

And if wanting to be able to defend myself is selfish, than color me selfish.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
I agree that if Carol Bowne's ex had a gun, she wouldn't have been stabbed. That's what you refuse to acknowledge. Having a gun doesn't prevent you from being killed. If it did, 0 officers would die in the line of duty. And yeah, you can get stabbed to death despite having a gun if your assailant ambushes and overpowers you.
This is something you have fabricated on your own..... it's a STRAW-MAN. No where in this discussion have I ever said having a gun prevents you from being killed. That's insane to believe that. Haviong a gun DOES give you a chance...... that's all it does. There's no invisible force field around you just because you have a gun, and I've never argued otherwise.

Would Carol Bowne have been able to defend herself had the law been followed and her permit granted? That's impossible to know. Maybe, maybe not. What we do know however, is that she was deprived of the chance, by laws that were meant to protect her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies