Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 09:11 AM

187 posts, read 195,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Make no mistake, this ruling will not be respected. There is an authority that is over the Supreme Court and the US government, which is God, and this is not within the authority of the Supreme Court or our government to redefine.

There is no such thing as homosexual marriage. There never has been and never will be.

Civil disobedience to this ruling is certainly required from everyone who worships God more than the corrupt humanism that has clearly overtaken our government on this issue. And I expect we will see that.

I'm pretty far right on most things including illegals, welfare, etc. With that said I'm quite pleased with this decision. It's about time it happened.
The absolute worst thing that happened to the conservative movement was to intertwine with fundamental Christianity.

My political beliefs aren't dictated by religious dogma but by free market principals.

If I wanted to mix my political beliefs with religion I'd join ISIS. Perhaps I could arrange a meet and greet for you??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 09:11 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Instead of focusing on it, and beating the subject to death about pot, I have a solution. End the federal ban and re-schedule cannabis, therefore removing it's Schedule 1 classification.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:12 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Instead of focusing on it, and beating the subject to death about pot, I have a solution. End the federal ban and re-schedule cannabis, therefore removing it's Schedule 1 classification.
I agree, but I'm 90% certain that's not how it'll go down. However, that's a discussion for a different topic.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:12 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Uhh...this is pretty significant. SCOTUS just invalidated a lot of constitutionally-enshrined bigotry and hatred. That doesn't happen everyday.
It's significant to you.. Makes me no difference. BFD.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:13 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
Since when have civil rights ever been granted to a disenfranchised group without "whining"? Gay people have gone from being incarcerated in prisons and mental institutions to being considered equal citizens because of protests, discussions and public education campaigns.

I suppose if you were arrested for being caught making out with whomever you love, went to jail and lost your job--and then complained about it the you'd be "whining"?
Cry me a river..

Old 06-26-2015, 09:14 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Republicans are already denouncing the ruling. "Religious freedom" is the new battle cry.
Not Republicans age 18-29, as 61% of that age group supported gay marriage in 2014.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:16 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
I am soooo waiting for all those who threatened to leave the US if this happens, to do so.

Buh-bye! and good luck on finding that happy place that doesn't allow SSM! When you do find it, be sure to report back here so your like-minded friends can follow!

Old 06-26-2015, 09:16 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
I'm pretty far right on most things including illegals, welfare, etc. With that said I'm quite pleased with this decision. It's about time it happened.
The absolute worst thing that happened to the conservative movement was to intertwine with fundamental Christianity.

My political beliefs aren't dictated by religious dogma but by free market principals.

If I wanted to mix my political beliefs with religion I'd join ISIS. Perhaps I could arrange a meet and greet for you??

I agree!

Old 06-26-2015, 09:19 AM

825 posts, read 864,415 times
Congratulations to the USA from Brazil, we are so happy with this decision. Not only a victory to America but also to the world.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:19 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
They will never be married in my eyes.
Good thing you're eyes view doesn't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies