Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 07:03 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,591,512 times

Advertisements

The White House is lit up in the colors of the rainbow. Socially conservative heads explode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chS4M1iv7d8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 07:08 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,765,370 times
It was a 5-4 decision. That hardly makes it significant. Essentially, Justice Kennedy reneged on his own previous holdings that states have powers separate from the federal government. Human beings are prone to error, and Kennedy made a big error. I wonder how much the media hate machine that trashes anyone who opposes homosexual perversion had to do with his decision. In any event, the opinions of 5 unelected judges does not mean much in this case because we are talking about something that is defined and that cannot be redefined by judicial fiat. Marriage is a union between a man and a woman, and I predict resistance to this "ruling". It will be interesting to see if the dictatorship in Washington is willing to shed the blood of American citizens or if National Guardsman are willing to carry out orders to kill just to let some homosexual deviants feel better about their sex lives.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:19 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,683,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
It was a 5-4 decision. That hardly makes it significant. Essentially, Justice Kennedy reneged on his own previous holdings that states have powers separate from the federal government. Human beings are prone to error, and Kennedy made a big error. I wonder how much the media hate machine that trashes anyone who opposes homosexual perversion had to do with his decision. In any event, the opinions of 5 unelected judges does not mean much in this case because we are talking about something that is defined and that cannot be redefined by judicial fiat. Marriage is a union between a man and a woman, and I predict resistance to this "ruling". It will be interesting to see if the dictatorship in Washington is willing to shed the blood of American citizens or if National Guardsman are willing to carry out orders to kill just to let some homosexual deviants feel better about their sex lives.
Predict away. Heck, be the first on your block to tote a gun down to your county clerk's office on the off-chance that you might be present when a same-sex couple gets their marriage license. What do you think that you would gain?

Old 06-26-2015, 07:19 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,486,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
This is exactly why we have a separation of church and state. Thank God for that!

This is a great day for many good Americans!
It's a sad day for many other good Americans. It's the second joke day in a row for the Supreme Court.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:20 PM

5,307 posts, read 4,393,877 times
A few quotes from some of my friends today on their Facebook pages seem appropriate at this time

Quote:
I've seen posts of gays and gay supporters thumbing their noses and slinging hurtful words at those who opposed and still oppose gay equality. Let's not do that.
Quote:
If there is anything at all that they need, it's understanding and compassion. I think that the compassion they need should come from the gay community. Imagine how healing that would be for both sides.
Quote:
The Supreme Court just made the morally correct ruling on equality. We won. Let's move forward and show the world a good example.
Quote:
Let's celebrate today's ruling without being sore winners.
Quote:
There will always be those "few" and to each their own. I'm just happy I can finally, legally enter into marriage like you have.
Quote:
There is no room for ugliness, hate, or critique today. We must always make room for joy and celebrate the victories of life.
No wonder I love these people!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:23 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,385,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Those of us who still retain a shred of moral fiber have not begun to fight. Now the gloves come off.
The fight is over. The bigots, for the billionth time in their shameful history, have lost.

No go ahead and be as outraged as you wish. No one will care.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:23 PM

907 posts, read 709,801 times
Homosexuals lack the ability to produce children with each other so their marriage is rather farcical. You can't be a gay man and a gay woman with your own children and be happy with your partner..

Reminds me of white people wanting to be black. Gays want to be married but don't want a home with their partner and biological kids.Which is a significant part of what marriage typically is. When two straight people get married the next step is typically reproduction and child rearing. What is the next step after gay marriage?

lol this is funny to me.

I think we need to shore up reproductive rights and benefits. Those rights need to protected, it was the main arguement all along. The benefits of the family unity should be assured.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:26 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,326,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
Homosexuals lack the right to produce children with each other so their marriage is rather farcical.
So what do you suggest for infertile heterosexuals? They can't reproduce, are their marriages farcical? What about an older couple that marries but can't produce children? What about couples who plan to have no children?

Old 06-26-2015, 07:29 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,163,029 times
Quote:
Homosexuals lack the right to produce children with each other so their marriage is rather farcical. Can't be a gay man and a gay woman with children and be happy with your partner..

Reminds me of white people wanting to be black. Gays want to be married but don't want a home with their partner and biological kids. When to straight people get married the next step is typically reproduction and child rearing. What is the next step after gay marriage?

lol this is funny to me.
Many heterosexuals can not reproduce together or at all. Are their marriages farcical?

P.S. Homosexual does not equal sterile. We can and do have children. We can and do adopt children. We can and do have families like millions of heterosexuals.

Most of my child rearing is done, now I finally am allowed to get married.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:30 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Homosexuals lack the ability to produce children with each other so their marriage is rather farcical. You can't be a gay man and a gay woman with your own children and be happy with your partner..
Hardly makes it farcical. Not everyone is on a mission to start producing offspring.

Quote:
Reminds me of white people wanting to be black. Gays want to be married but don't want a home with their partner and biological kids.Which is a significant part of what marriage typically is. When two straight people get married the next step is typically reproduction and child rearing. What is the next step after gay marriage?
Hosting fabulous brunches? Adoption? Having a biological kid maybe? Getting a dog? Filing a joint tax return?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies