Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many years before religious people are imprisoned for opposing homosexuality?
0-2 years (I oppose the Supreme Court Decision) 9 5.03%
0-2 years (I support the Supreme Court Decision) 5 2.79%
2-5 years (I oppose the Supreme Court Decision) 13 7.26%
2-5 years (I support the Supreme Court Decision) 2 1.12%
5-10 years (I oppose the Supreme Court Decision) 11 6.15%
5-10 years (I support the Supreme Court Decision) 3 1.68%
10-25 years (I oppose the Supreme Court Decision) 3 1.68%
10-25 years (I support the Supreme Court Decision) 0 0%
25-50 years (I oppose the Supreme Court Decision) 1 0.56%
25-50 years (I support the Supreme Court Decision) 0 0%
50+ years (I oppose the Supreme Court Decision) 2 1.12%
50+ years (I support the Supreme Court Decision) 0 0%
never (I oppose the Supreme Court Decision) 10 5.59%
never (I support the Supreme Court Decision) 120 67.04%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 06:27 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
"Americentrism"? Such pompous pseudo-intellectual pretentiousness......
Yes, that's what Americentrism is. The idea that the whole world spins around the United States.

But it doesn't. It's not even mentioned in the Bible.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Oddly, I think the town clerks should be fired in these cases, while private businesses should be allowed to discriminate however they please.
So long as the religious values are true and widely known like say Hobby Lobby.

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I agree.
I think it will be soon when you see a court case make its way up the court system because to homosexuals want to force a religious institution to "marry" them.

up next. polygomy.
Could be that somebody may attempt a polygamy case, but those folks tend to hide in the shadows instead of making Activism a vocation. I don't expect this to be a big issue.

I support equal rights for ALL Americans, that would include Gay Americans who want to be married - I never doubted that this day would come, but I don't like the way that SCOTUS did it. The reality is that ALL "Marriage" in ALL States requires a Civil License, and NO State requires a Religious Ceremony to form a Marriage. Logic would say that it should and would be the same for Same Sex couples ....... BUT, it won't work that way. It's not fair or right to say that "homosexuals want to force a religious institution to "marry" them" ..... BUT it's also true that Some will do exactly that. They won't be able to help themselves - just as they searched out Bakeries, Florists, Venues, Justice of the Peace in their Activism and destroyed their lives.

Far Leftist Radical Activism is all that Some live for - it is their Life's Work, it is their entire Life. They make their entire Living on their Activism. That won't "change". It didn't "change" with the Roe~v~Wade Abortion decision in 1974 ..... Abortion wasn't "enough" - it had to be abortion right up until the minute of Live Birth. Today's decision won't be any different - the "Battle" will continue. Keep in mind that Roe~v~Wade was in 1974 and these Activists STILL act like Women can't have Contraception, much less an Abortion. It's totally ridiculous, but that the Far Left for you - they make their Living doing this stuff and the Politicians get elected by promoting these Myths.

It's worth remembering that the SCOTUS ruling today had ZERO to do with any "Marriage Equality Act" - there is not such a National Law on "Marriage Equality" - the US Supreme Court Mandated a "Marriage Equality Act" today for ALL States with no LAW to even Judge on. That's the real problem, and you can bet that the Far Leftist Radical Activists are well aware of that ..... no reason at all for them to stop their Activism. It's what some have devoted their entire lives toward, they won't be able to stop.

I suspect that nothing less that the Pope performing a Same Sex Marriage would satisfy the Radicals, and maybe not even that. Don't blame the collective for the Radical Individuals.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am ...... I've seen this Movie before.

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
there are very few things that are universal across all civilizations, marriage between a man and a woman was one till recently!

all your post said is that money is less universal than not having same sex "marriage"
But that's not really relevant. 'Marriage' was created to create a parental unit, therefore it would have had to have include at least one person of each sex. Marriage in the modern sense is quite a bit different now. It's bigger than just having children, so the same rules need not apply. And regardless of the past, marriage is defined by society and society, at least in the West, seems to be moving toward opening up marriage to include same sex couples. Rather or not that's how it's been before or not, that's the cultural shift that is happening now.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:30 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Quote:
I would give you complete response but shabbos starts in a few seconds
Ah, so you aren't Jewish after all. That makes sense. Just another White Supremacists. Shame on you.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:36 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
So the question is how long before people reading the bible, or refusing to recognize homosexuality, or preach against it, or refusing to help same sex "weddings" will get you placed in jail?
Not long. But it's not a homosexuality thing at all. It's a control/domination issue. Their are a multitude of reasons that have been drempt up over the years for one group of individuals to castigate another group of individuals. You name it, it has been used as an excuse. Right now, in the near east, homosexuals are being killed for being so. So are Christians. Here in the US, I think the government has its hands full trying to rein in such actions by one group of society against another. We have race; that's a biggie that could explode at any minute. Now this, and whatever else.

The one thing we can always expect from our species is that when one "repressed" segment gains the upper hand, the segment that formerly had the upper hand will be punished to one extent or another out of spite, even if only a small percentage of the group had anything to do with it. That is the way our limited intellect works. We're petty. We want revenge against those who are different. Either that or we want to force everyone to think and feel just as we do.

That being the case, I have no doubt this issue will be taken to such extremes. After all, such social issues always have before. And they still do today all around the globe. I'd doubt it will go as far as beheadings or burnings at the stake or anything like that. But you will be told what you must do and think at some point on a multitude of issues. Or you will be punished to one extent or another. That's what happens when you throw your liberty in the ****can as a nation due to petty squabbling over trivialities and trying to force everyone to share your opinions.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:37 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,384,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Zero.

Now go back to living your life 100% unaffected by anything concerning gay people. Just as now gay people can live their lives 100% unaffected by religious interference.
yeah we'll do that. As soon as you rainbow neo-mc carthites stop black listing anyone that disagees with you. Untill then You shut up.
Todays ruling was to give this group standing in future lawuits lawuits. This was only the begining.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:50 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
It impossible for anyone to think that this LGBT agenda will end today.

This agenda has advanced on this country, and world extremely fast and in the course of world history is the biggest social change ever.

Remember If someone would have told you even 25 years ago this country would have same sex "marriage" in all 50 states you would have thought them crazy.

If I would have told people not only that but town clerks would have lost their job for not preforming them and many people would be fined for refusing to bake them wedding cakes, photograph "weddings" etc. you would have thought them crazier even if you believed the first part.

Remember in 1868 if someone would have said the 14th amendment means that 2 men should have the "right" to marry each other, they would have gotten a 1 way ticket to a mental institution.

This movement will not stop now and will probably more court cases over the course of the next years on a court that will get much more liberal after Kennedy dies or retires.

So the question is how long before people reading the bible, or refusing to recognize homosexuality, or preach against it, or refusing to help same sex "weddings" will get you placed in jail?

Remember ever since the homosexuals began asking to strike down sodomy law every single time the homosexuals says that they are not trying to do something history has shown that the "bigots" were right and the homosexuals were lying.

Can't tell if sarcasm or serious...

Old 06-26-2015, 07:45 PM

451 posts, read 465,099 times
I know what this Same-Sex Marriage ruling really means, what the modern fascist social media #bantheflag really means. People are actively working not only against our way of life, but the very things we hold sacred. Family, love, pride in who we are and where we come from. Those are things we need as human beings, but we are being told that nothing matters except our desires, no matter how degenerate or immoral.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:56 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:

Remember ever since the homosexuals began asking to strike down sodomy law every single time the homosexuals says that they are not trying to do something history has shown that the "bigots" were right and the homosexuals were lying.
Please explain why you find homosexuality as a far, far worse sin than cheating on one's spouse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies