Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many years before religious people are imprisoned for opposing homosexuality?
0-2 years (I oppose the Supreme Court Decision) 9 5.03%
0-2 years (I support the Supreme Court Decision) 5 2.79%
2-5 years (I oppose the Supreme Court Decision) 13 7.26%
2-5 years (I support the Supreme Court Decision) 2 1.12%
5-10 years (I oppose the Supreme Court Decision) 11 6.15%
5-10 years (I support the Supreme Court Decision) 3 1.68%
10-25 years (I oppose the Supreme Court Decision) 3 1.68%
10-25 years (I support the Supreme Court Decision) 0 0%
25-50 years (I oppose the Supreme Court Decision) 1 0.56%
25-50 years (I support the Supreme Court Decision) 0 0%
50+ years (I oppose the Supreme Court Decision) 2 1.12%
50+ years (I support the Supreme Court Decision) 0 0%
never (I oppose the Supreme Court Decision) 10 5.59%
never (I support the Supreme Court Decision) 120 67.04%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 10:14 AM

698 posts, read 587,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
How do you refuse to recognize murder? That is like refusing to recognize rain, wind or the seasons, they all exist and nothing you do can make them go away.

understand now?
No, because acting like murder doesn't exist won't make it go away either.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:17 AM

35,060 posts, read 31,284,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
So basically no change.
I certainly believe the shaming will be more frequent and more punitive than it is now.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:19 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,849,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Please don't try to BS is into believing that the practice of targeting small businesses such as bakeries and bridal salons known to be operated by people with strong religious convictions/biases (take your pick; it's a free country -- at least for now) was anything other than a deliberate strategy.
LOL You didn't just say this is all a plot to harm the bakeries did you? LOL That's comedy gold! Stamp out a bakery today!

Almost as funny as the suggestion that "bakeries are known to be operated by people with strong religious convictions". Would you say they are more or less religious than, say a butcher? Or a candlestick maker?

Old 06-26-2015, 10:30 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times
An example of gays lying about their agenda's effect

Before the NY State "marriage" bill in the assembly debate
Quote:
ACTING SPEAKER GREENE: Will you yield, Mr. O'Donnell?
MR. O'DONNELL: Certainly. MR. KOLB: Thank you, Danny. In the bill you state if a particular clergy person does not want to perform the marriage ceremony that they have that option not to do that; correct?
MR. O'DONNELL: Correct. MR. KOLB: Does that apply to municipal officials, such as mayors and other officials, who might be able to perform a civil ceremony today
? MR. O'DONNELL: It does not change the law. Those people are not currently required to do that for different-sex couples. It would not change for same-sex couples.
MR. KOLB: So, there would be no legal repercussions if they decided not to perform a same-sex marriage? MR. O'DONNELL: No.

Quote:
MR. JEFFRIES: Just a few questions of clarification. As you know, I am a cosponsor and supporter of this issue. As it relates to the religious exemption clause, if a member of the clergy, if a minister or priest or rabbi declines to perform a same-sex marriage, is it your view that this bill would exempt them from any civil liability that could result from a possible lawsuit?
MR. O'DONNELL: Absolutely, because they are exempt from civil liability for their failure to marry someone currently. If someone of one faith wishes to marry someone of another faith and their minister or priest chooses not to marry them, there is no liability that is attached. This bill does not change that.
MR. JEFFRIES: And oftentimes, people who hold public office -- a mayor, someone who holds a town clerk or other leadership position -- could be called upon, I guess, in their official capacity not to just issue a license, but to perform the ceremony; is that correct.
MR. O'DONNELL: That can happen, yes.
MR. JEFFRIES: Now, if under this bill someone in their official capacity decided not to perform a ceremony based on religious beliefs that they may hold, would they be subject to any liability?
MR. O'DONNELL: No, they would not

after the NY "marriage" bill past
Nassau County, District Attorney Kathleen Rice delivered the advisement in a letter to the city and town clerks in her Long Island county.
Quote:
“The Marriage Equality Act provides that an application for a marriage license cannot be denied on the grounds that the applicant parties are of the same sex and the law affords no discretion to public officials charged with granting marriage licenses. Therefore, any such refusal may be subject to criminal prosecution.
“The religious exemptions in the Marriage Equality Act are inapplicable to town and city clerks serving in their license-granting roles, and a public official’s intentional refusal to issue marriage licenses to qualified same-sex couples may constitute Official Misconduct, a Class A misdemeanor defined in section 195.00 of the New York State Penal Law.”

gays have a long history of lying and no history of telling the truth!

Old 06-26-2015, 10:32 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Thread fail.....
^^^^ worth repeating.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:33 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
An example of gays lying about their agenda's effect

Before the NY State "marriage" bill in the assembly debate

after the NY "marriage" bill past
Nassau County, District Attorney Kathleen Rice delivered the advisement in a letter to the city and town clerks in her Long Island county.

gays have a long history of lying and no history of telling the truth!
I don't know what "lying" means in that context. In the context of the activities of public officials, it should have been clearly obvious that a public official would not be permitted to adhere to the law.

This is still true: "It does not change the law. Those people are not currently required to do that for different-sex couples. It would not change for same-sex couples."

Old 06-26-2015, 10:41 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Never going to happen by the stats alone. Even Obama as all presidents knew the numbers and need to declare his belief. With Hispanics become a majority in time and their Christian numbers; Christian are no danger at all.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:47 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
How many 30 - 40 years ago tthought that a man would marry a man?

Those that voted "never" should consider that.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:50 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
It impossible for anyone to think that this LGBT agenda will end today.

This agenda has advanced on this country, and world extremely fast and in the course of world history is the biggest social change ever.

Remember If someone would have told you even 25 years ago this country would have same sex "marriage" in all 50 states you would have thought them crazy.

If I would have told people not only that but town clerks would have lost their job for not preforming them and many people would be fined for refusing to bake them wedding cakes, photograph "weddings" etc. you would have thought them crazier even if you believed the first part.

Remember in 1868 if someone would have said the 14th amendment means that 2 men should have the "right" to marry each other, they would have gotten a 1 way ticket to a mental institution.

This movement will not stop now and will probably more court cases over the course of the next years on a court that will get much more liberal after Kennedy dies or retires.

So the question is how long before people reading the bible, or refusing to recognize homosexuality, or preach against it, or refusing to help same sex "weddings" will get you placed in jail?

Remember ever since the homosexuals began asking to strike down sodomy law every single time the homosexuals says that they are not trying to do something history has shown that the "bigots" were right and the homosexuals were lying.
Drama queen much? Boo hoo hoo.... I'm so sorry for your pain! OMG, you're going to be IMPRISONED! Poor you.

Nobody is imprisoning you for any belief you may have. This is America, and you're allowed to express whatever belief you want, regardless of how stupid or smart it is.

The rest of us will just make fun of you for it, that's all. And that's our right.

And you just have to live with the fact that your belief is out of step with society and will not be the basis for barring people from having secular rights within the parameters of the Constitution.

In other words, just keep doing what you've already been doing while the rest of the world continues to pass you by. It's not that hard, is it?

Old 06-26-2015, 11:03 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,250,687 times
I agree.
I think it will be soon when you see a court case make its way up the court system because to homosexuals want to force a religious institution to "marry" them.

up next. polygomy.

Quote:
It impossible for anyone to think that this LGBT agenda will end today.

This agenda has advanced on this country, and world extremely fast and in the course of world history is the biggest social change ever.

Remember If someone would have told you even 25 years ago this country would have same sex "marriage" in all 50 states you would have thought them crazy.

If I would have told people not only that but town clerks would have lost their job for not preforming them and many people would be fined for refusing to bake them wedding cakes, photograph "weddings" etc. you would have thought them crazier even if you believed the first part.

Remember in 1868 if someone would have said the 14th amendment means that 2 men should have the "right" to marry each other, they would have gotten a 1 way ticket to a mental institution.

This movement will not stop now and will probably more court cases over the course of the next years on a court that will get much more liberal after Kennedy dies or retires.

So the question is how long before people reading the bible, or refusing to recognize homosexuality, or preach against it, or refusing to help same sex "weddings" will get you placed in jail?

Remember ever since the homosexuals began asking to strike down sodomy law every single time the homosexuals says that they are not trying to do something history has shown that the "bigots" were right and the homosexuals were lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies