Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 04:55 PM

52,256 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Can't think of any straight people that don't enjoy sodomy

The only ones that don't are the ones that don't know the definition

People can do whatever they like, I personally never got the idea of partaking in the fixer upper when you have a nice 3 bed 2 bath right next door.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:03 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
People can do whatever they like, I personally never got the idea of partaking in the fixer upper when you have a nice 3 bed 2 bath right next door.

Really? So you're anti oral sex?

(Yes, people, oral sex is sodomy too)

Old 06-27-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:

LOL... I posted that before I looked up what sodomy was/is..... LOL....

I'm taking the 5th.....

Old 06-27-2015, 05:09 PM

9,092 posts, read 6,314,604 times
Quote:

Yes, I always interpreted sodomy to mean any sexual acts committed expressly without the intent to procreate.

sodomy legal definition of sodomy
"Traditionally courts and statutes referred to it as a 'crime against nature' or as copulation 'against the order of nature.' "

Old 06-27-2015, 05:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
I don't know if they are being facetious or not???

Either way, people are allowed their own opinions on the subject, as offensive as they may be to some....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
You mean the sanctity of some third or fourth marriages?

I don't eliminate friends or dismiss them because their views may be different than mine. I don't even look down on them. Unless there is total vitriol then I might take issue.
To me, saying those things about gay people isn't simply a different view. I do eliminate or dismiss friends that are bigots. They are certainly allowed their opinions - and it is my opinion that being that hateful and disrespectful is something that I do not want to be around.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:28 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
You need to look at what marriage was originally before you make such statements......and families are stronger than they have been in decades.....so why would adding more legally committed families to the world be a downside.
How are families stronger than they have been in decades? Do you have any data (or even logic) to back that statement up?

Quote:
And you only support things that directly effect you? How short sighted.
Well, I'm not gay. How is this short-sighted? How will this benefit me in the long-term?

Old 06-27-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
To me, saying those things about gay people isn't simply a different view. I do eliminate or dismiss friends that are bigots. They are certainly allowed their opinions - and it is my opinion that being that hateful and disrespectful is something that I do not want to be around.
I'm a pretty strong gay advocate, I not out in the streets waving flags, but in general I never really got why people get so heated about something that doesn't have anything to do with them personally.

For me it became a non issue once I came to the realization that gay people are simply born that way, not sure if this can be somehow "scientifically" proven, but in my mind it is.... you're born that way...

With that that opened up my mind to the fact that they deserve all and every right that everyone else enjoys and it's a done deal in my mind.

I liken it to the civil rights struggles/movement.

Some black folks don't like this analogy, but it really does parallel it, to say otherwise isn't being intellectually honest, in my opinion.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:55 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,417,700 times
Quote:
LOL. I totally agree with you on that.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:27 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I actually thought you were a good person before. Oh well.

I suppose love is based on a vaginal sex for you? Not actual feelings?
You disagreeing with them does not make them a bad person.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:32 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
You disagreeing with them does not make them a bad person.
The things he said make him a bad person to me. You are free to disagree with me. When a person goes out of their way to say hateful things about a group of people - that changes how I see them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies