Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 10:13 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times

Advertisements

Political Correctness anti-freedom of speech. It is fascism with manners. It is an attempt to control people's thoughts and words. Unless you can voice an opinion without fear of reprisal, you do not have Freedom of Expression.

The Confederate battle flag is just the newest victim, the new flavor if the month. It was created to let the Southern armies know where their ranks were in battle. Black powder was used then and was very smoky. In the original stages of the war, many Southern troops wore blue uniforms and the Confederate Flag had a Blue Square with stars in the upper left corner and had a two red horizontal stripes with a white one on the middle. In all the smoke of battle, it was confused with the Stars and Stripes. The Stars and Bars was made to make it different.

Lost in all the PC madness, is the fact that it is an American flag, and part of America's History. I have ancestors who fought for the South in that war. Nine of my uncles served in WWII. Eleven cousins, my brother and I, served in the Vietnam 'conflict'. I will fly both flags proudly.

I am 63 and believe PC is the greatest enemy of the U.S. of A.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:16 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Political Correctness anti-freedom of speech. It is fascism with manners. It is an attempt to control people's thoughts and words. Unless you can voice an opinion without fear of reprisal, you do not have Freedom of Expression.

The Confederate battle flag is just the newest victim, the new flavor if the month. It was created to let the Southern armies know where their ranks were in battle. Black powder was used then and was very smoky. In the original stages of the war, many Southern troops wore blue uniforms and the Confederate Flag had a Blue Square with stars in the upper left corner and had a two red horizontal stripes with a white one on the middle. In all the smoke of battle, it was confused with the Stars and Stripes. The Stars and Bars was made to make it different.

Lost in all the PC madness, is the fact that it is an American flag, and part of History. I have ancestors who fought for the South in that war. Nine of my uncles served in WWII. Eleven cousins, my brother and I, served in the Vietnam 'conflict'. I will fly both flags proudly.

Taking down the confederate flag from a government building is the greatest enemy you know? That's hilarious!

Old 06-26-2015, 10:29 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
the Confederate flag like slavery is history and it should stay there, in history, not in government buildings because it is offensive to many now days. Get with the program, it's 2015 not 1863

Old 06-26-2015, 10:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
I agree with you buddy. The flag is just the latest in showing how PC combined with social media is changing America.

You only have freedom of expression if you go along with the crowd.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Taking down the confederate flag from a government building is the greatest enemy you know? That's hilarious!
The poster said PC, not the flag. The flag is just the current target of PC.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:34 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Basically I think it just that some people that make such issues actually like conflict which is what they have created in end.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:38 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times
I think the PC movement (which I dislike) is just the left version of the rightwing statements like, there are only two kinds of music, Country and Western!

Intolerance ain't pretty, and it is nice to see the right get a heaping helping of their own medicine!

As for what is "American", well I would say calling someone you disagree with Anti-American, is Anti-American!

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 06-26-2015 at 11:14 AM..

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post

Lost in all the PC madness, is the fact that it is an American flag, and part of America's History. I have ancestors who fought for the South in that war. Nine of my uncles served in WWII. Eleven cousins, my brother and I, served in the Vietnam 'conflict'. I will fly both flags proudly.

It's becoming more and more fascist in nature as they employ methods like job loss and destroying a person's livelihood if you don't accept the PC philosophy. Free speech in the USA is dying.

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
I agree with rhe OP. Perfect reason to take down Confederate Flag is to shove political correctness aside. It was a flag of the enemy of the USA.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:39 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,120,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
the Confederate flag like slavery is history and it should stay there, in history, not in government buildings because it is offensive to many now days. Get with the program, it's 2015 not 1863

How typical. The PC crowd wants everything 'offensive' locked away in a closet. What is with them and closets? Frankly, I find the PC crowd offensive and believe they should all be removed to Arkansas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies