Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 02:15 PM

991 posts, read 629,093 times

Advertisements

He's an emotional, compassionate man.

I remember when he starting singing at the funereal for the soldiers killed at Fort Hood. Wait ...

2/3 of his “eulogy” was all political. I felt embarrassed for the family of the deceased.

Gun control, voting rights, Confederate flag, hunger, poverty...

It was all there.

Race lecture and ban gun goodness thrown in for good measure......4 hour service and probably still didn't get all the hate whitey out.

Last edited by epliny; 06-27-2015 at 02:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 03:39 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I did not vote for Obama but he did a great thing yesterday giving that eulogy. My heart breaks everytime I see the unbelievable pain and anguish in the faces of the loves ones who have buried the victims.

This was a horrific mass murder with the ONLY motivation as racism. Please, STOP IT!
Again, most(all?) of us are not mocking this tragedy to any degree. However, many of us question too what degree this was done to score political points. And this questioning applies to ANY politician.

Specifically for Obama, one has to question.....how often does he go to the funerals of poor children who are gunned down in the inner cities by all the violence that exists there, especially in Chicago where he is from? Are their lives less important and aren't they worthy of him speaking on a long nationwide televised event, even once, at one of their funerals to highlight the serious issue of ongoing violence going on in the inner cities and the horrific deaths many there met? How about him going to the funerals of fallen police officers and televising such events to highlight the danger/risks everyday police officers face?

I know if I was in such a position of authority, I'd find it worth taking a few days off of the golf here and there to do such a thing as I feel it would be the right thing to do and show a little more sincerity.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:44 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So, what?

You get a pass, or something?
He's not black, anymore than his fellow RW travelers on this forum who claim to be millionaires.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:49 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Rev. Pinckney sounds like a great man. May he rest in peace.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Even during a tragedy white supremacy is attacking the president. We know, we know, it isn't fair that we have a black man as president...
Because someone has the onions to criticize the mulatto, that someone is a white supremest?

Obama is at least half white!

You are an example of the true racist.

Everything that you perceive to be an attack against the Black President has to come from a White Racist!

Apparently, you don't bother to visit any Uncle Tom blogs or websites to see their thoughts on the mulatto?

Old 06-27-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
His singing, something that no previous President has ever been able to do in that venue, is a CELEBRATION.
If you heard his rendition .. He hasn't been able to do it either!
That wasn't anywhere near .. singing!

Old 06-27-2015, 08:06 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Because someone has the onions to criticize the mulatto, that someone is a white supremest?

Obama is at least half white!

You are an example of the true racist.

Everything that you perceive to be an attack against the Black President has to come from a White Racist!

Apparently, you don't bother to visit any Uncle Tom blogs or websites to see their thoughts on the mulatto?

no, you don't have an ounce of racism in you. you sound like you are describing an object not a person.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:10 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
no, you don't have an ounce of racism in you. you sound like you are describing an object not a person.
Straight outta Compton?

Nope, straight outta Stormfront.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Your point?

As I understand it, a black man or woman cannot be a racist so .. what is your definition of a black man who criticizes another black?

Don't bother answering .. I've heard all of the definitions!

Old 06-27-2015, 08:19 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Your point?

As I understand it, a black man or woman cannot be a racist so .. what is your definition of a black man who criticizes another black?

Don't bother answering .. I've heard all of the definitions!

my point is we can see right though you, trying to be rational is not something you can pull off. "don't bother answering" why would I? most people with closed minds don't want to be bothered with the truth it doesn't jive with their skewed view of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies