Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 01:59 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Says the liberal closed minded person who shows no tolerance...pretty much it's my way or the highway.

Dare to challenge what he's saying?
I found your term "Closed minded" a rather curious term..I looked it up and found one common theme was "Intolerant to change", which according my my tally of the past many years ..The Conservative's are the ones who are responding intolerant of changes..and wanting to go BACKWARDS to the way things were century + ago. Then, of course insisting on rolling back Civil Right's Act in order to return to the ld Days"... Intolerance to accept NEW idea's Period (I won't even go into Women's rights/voting rights)

On the other hand..Liberals appear to be far more tolerant..willing to accept/evolve previous beliefs > LGBT as equals and Blacks should be treated with respect and not distain or targeted.

"Pot calling the kettle Black" I guess ( no pun intended ) to your post opinion!

Last edited by Lyndarn; 06-27-2015 at 02:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 02:16 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I found your term "Closed minded" a rather curious term..I looked it up and found one common theme was "Intolerant to change", which according my my tally of the past many years ..The Conservative's who are intolerant of changes..and wanting to go BACKWARDS to the way things were century + ago. Then, of course insisting on rolling back Civil Right's Act in order to return to the ld Days"... Intolerance to accept NEW idea's Period I won't even go into Women's rights/voting rights)

On the other hand..Liberals appear to be far more tolerant..willing to accept/evolve previous beliefs > LGBT as equals and Blacks should be treated with respect and not distain or targeted.

"Pot calling the kettle Black" I guess ( no pun intended ) with this post!
Really??? How are they treating those who don't agree with them?

Old 06-27-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Really??? How are they treating those who don't agree with them?
It's you who are claiming that Liberal's are treating denier's of change badly.. How so?..Maybe you could make a list I can respond to... TYIA

Old 06-27-2015, 02:24 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
It's you who are claiming that Liberal's are treating denier's of change badly.. How so?..Maybe you could make a list I can respond to... TYIA
I could spend hours on here copying/pasting liberals responses to others with their hatred and still not scratch the surface.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I could spend hours on here copying/pasting liberals responses to others with their hatred and still not scratch the surface.
If you are referring to anonymous posters who disagree with you as somehow directly affecting your life..then I suggest..just try walking in those shoes belonging to a whole race or genders who have been discriminated against throughout their path of life..targeted by hate groups/laws condoning such discrimination . It's for many a daily threat to those people ( YES THEY ARE PEOPLE) including physically, emotionally, judicially & the denial of human rights since I can remember..Having some posters disagreeing and using nasty rhetoric just doesn't register in comparisons..

Have read many posts here..I've even been attacked..The reasons for attack?? I should not have an opinion because I don't live there...Pretty weak excuse to be demeaning to another..But hey..It's what you get when you post on a site...I don't GET ALL upset or lose sleep over it..in fact it only confirms a lot of what I have learned in my life...But it doesn't affect me personally.

Here I thought you were talking about how Leftists hurt you or caused you harm somehow and some sort of prejudice that forced you/and yours to alter your life?????....Okay.I understand, but thankyou for responding tho

Old 06-27-2015, 03:23 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
So that people don't have to click the link and waste their time watching that video, I'll sum it up for you: Racism is the fault of black people.

Exactly, this is the same rationale racists have used for hundreds of years.

Human beings don't usually believe the things we believe are evil or wrong. Racists don't just go with I hate n words.

No racists in America have always used justifications for their racism and it's always the same. There is something wrong with the black race.

The claim that black culture is dysfunctional just the lastest racist example of this nonsense.

Let's take the argument seriously for a bit to show the absurdity.

Ok, black Americans as a group have only experienced American culture far far far longer than any other group of Americans most of whom families came to this nation less than 100 yrs ago.

So when discussing black Americans we aren't discussing a group of foreigners, we are discussing a group with hundreds of years of ties to this continent and nation.

So the only way black Americans can have a different culture than American culture is if they are collectively treated radically differently then other Americans. And how are black Amerucans treated differently than other Americans? Racism, discrimination in housing and jobs and the criminal justice system, which leads to residential segregation, and higher unemployment rates, and criminal records, lack of access to health care and on and on.

In other words, this idea that black Americans have these problems caused by what's wrong within the black race and culture which is separate from American culture and society makes no sense, and is apart of the racist American narrative, that sees black Americans as separate from other Americans and American social problems as black racial problems and proof that black people are to blame.

This is the same kind of stuff racists like mr roof believe. O'Reilly is in great company.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:30 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Whether you like him or not, he hit the nail on the head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

O'Reilly on America's Race Problem | CNS News
Racists like O'Reilly never use statistics to bolster their claims.

Right now there is simple data that black Americans face systematic racial discrimination in housing, employment and the criminal justice system.

Racists like O'Reilly look away from those stats, and go with the racist idea that something is wrong within the black race, which has been the staple appeal of racists in America for many, many, many decades.

Again, this kind of stuff is what racists like mr roof, and the white conservative council, that inspired mr roof and has ties to republicans everywhere, believe. They too believe something is wrong within the black race and black culture and that black peoples are violent.

Everything mr O'Reilly said fits right at home on racist websites. This is the plain truth that he is trying to hide.

That's why he and other conservatives are so upset, they know there is very little difference in their rhetoric about black people and that of hard core racists like mr roof.

Old 06-27-2015, 04:02 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,585 times
Quote:
Lets just say that you're correct.

So what have the black leaders done to help their people?
There are many black leaders out there and many black families living exemplary lives. You likely think the only leaders are the media-savvy ones. BTW..."their people"???? I'm white and consider black Americans my people. It's a shame you only judge blacks from your living room while refusing to go out and meet any.

Old 06-27-2015, 04:04 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Like Obama said in another context, if you've been doing something for 50 years and it hasn't been working, try something else.

Whatever the black community is doing ain't working, but hey, no big deal to me.
Plenty of blacks live a more productive life than you. Try and see people for who they are and not group them together. That's why we have the problems we do. Bill O'Reilly needs to do the same.

Old 06-27-2015, 04:15 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,850,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Bit early to be drinking, isn't it?
Who, me? I'm awake (I think).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies