Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 07:12 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Dear Bill,

unfortunately you are not having a conversation about race when you are talking to yourself...

Second:

Poor education, lack of income, poor self-esteem, hopelessness, lack of acceptance into the American way of life until basically the 1960's by law, but not necessarily by all people equals black people being segregated into neighborhoods composing of all black people. People of any race usually resort to crime and drugs as a way to cope. Since all crimes are of proximity, blacks commit crimes against mostly blacks and whites against whites.

Now, blacks disproportionately commit crimes (or should I say, are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law) more than whites could be a direct correlation to their poor circumstances created by Jim Crow, Black Codes, Red Lining, Discrimination, murder, mayhem, police brutality, et al. And said policies were created and implemented by state and federal governments......

White people who are impoverished and uneducated commit crimes at the same rate as their black counter parts, but it just isn't covered by the news at the same level......and if it is, they are called crazy wackos. Nice!!!

I, as a black man can move out of impoverished areas into nice middle class communities and have the same chance as any other non black of dying from a violent crime, because I removed myself from the source. But, I as a black man cannot change the color of my skin and can be killed at anytime by some racist idiot without warning like these nine hard worker black people were...........that's the problem.

I am not worried about getting killed by another brotha driving through the backwoods of Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, SC, NC, Georgia, or Florida, but a racists hick is a different story!!

All poor people of every color experience the same things, I guess black people are not supposed to experience them. Black are disproportionately poor because of discrimination, not slavery......So Bill and I agree there, I guess he forgot about those policies....from his hey day.

Basically Bill said all blacks are criminals and its okay to be afraid of them and not hire them. What a joke that guy is....

A hard working black man has to overcome so much garbage in this world its a damn shame.

Pot meet kettle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 07:38 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Bill is wrong, starting at 3:20 in the clip, where he fails to mention the so-called "war on drugs" is often only fought in poor communities on people of color. Not so on whites. This war is an abysmal failure and is partly responsible for the unjust incarceration rate and sentences imposed on people of color.

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...united-states/
We need to follow Portugal's lead...

14 Years After Decriminalizing All Drugs, Here's What Portugal Looks Like - Mic

Old 06-28-2015, 07:58 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
It's not a surprise at all... Whites are scared to tell the truth, blacks are in denial, Asians making money off of blacks, and the Latino community is flying under the radar...

PEOPLE, listen up. If things were meant to be different, than they would have been a long time ago. Stop trying to make sense out of something that is already in place and will never change. The only time that things will ACTUALLY change is if laws come down from the supreme court or other. Gay couples are still gay couples. N***S will forever be N****S (I did my own editing )Derogatory mindsets and language will not change as a result of any new policy or law. People will continue to think what they think and do what they do. The only way we will have pure harmony is if we all speak the same, dress the same, look the same, and act the same. Even Africans from the "promise land" call the AA community in the hood N****S so please stop it....

Do me a favor and stand outside each prison or jail that is holding a black person based on an unjust arrest. Take a poll on their dress, the speech, how they contributed to their community before and after the sentence. You won't do it... Whites are too scared to talk about it, blacks are in denial, asians are waiting to sell them pork fried rice and nails, and the latinos are wiping the sweat off their head saying "whew, better them than us"....

Old 06-28-2015, 08:02 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He scares me.

Someone should ask him what he's doing to help this specific problem with all of his millions.
He once donated $25,000 to Al Sharpton for Christmas gifts and dinners for the poor in Harlem.

O'Reilly gave $25K to Al Sharpton's charity - POLITICO.com

Old 06-28-2015, 08:05 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
It's in plain sight and even black folks are pointing this out... You can learn a thing a two from black folks THAT ACTUALLY TELL THE TRUTH and aren't in denial.

Tommy Sotomayor Shows How Dangerous Mostly Black Communities Are In Atlanta!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxCr6tY_W2c

Old 06-28-2015, 08:13 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,013,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
So that people don't have to click the link and waste their time watching that video, I'll sum it up for you: Racism is the fault of black people.

Major comprehension failure here. That isn't even close to what he said.

What he said be better summarized as the high crime rate among blacks is the result of choices made by blacks. The specific choice he homed in on is the high rate of out of wedlock births among blacks.

The high crime rate among blacks is is a statistical fact, as is the high rate of out of wedlock births in the black community. One can debate whether there is a connection between high rates of out a wedlock births and high crime rates, but it seems like a pretty sound hypothesis to me. You really can't debate the statistics on crime rates or out of wedlock birth rates - these are simply facts.

You can't lay the blame for out of wedlock births on racism, either in the present day or historically. The high rate of out of wedlock births are the result of individual choices made by blacks. Some will say these choices are enabled by our welfare state, and while there may be some truth to that, it's still an individual choice to have a child without getting married.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:44 AM

755 posts, read 675,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Pot meet kettle.

right!

Hick | Define Hick at Dictionary.com

Please educate yourself!

Old 06-28-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
It's in plain sight and even black folks are pointing this out... You can learn a thing a two from black folks THAT ACTUALLY TELL THE TRUTH and aren't in denial.

Tommy Sotomayor Shows How Dangerous Mostly Black Communities Are In Atlanta!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxCr6tY_W2c
Like I said, move out of the community problem solved! I cannot move out of my black skin and end racism

Old 06-28-2015, 09:12 AM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,961 times
Quote:

I, as a black man can move out of impoverished areas into nice middle class communities and have the same chance as any other non black of dying from a violent crime, because I removed myself from the source. But, I as a black man cannot change the color of my skin and can be killed at anytime by some racist idiot without warning like these nine hard worker black people were...........that's the problem.
We can all be killed by a racist idiot. There are people who don't know anything about me, but still hate me for nothing more than the fact I am a white guy.

Quote:
I am not worried about getting killed by another brotha driving through the backwoods of Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, SC, NC, Georgia, or Florida, but a racists hick is a different story!!
I fairly sure that there are quite a few black people being murdered by other black people in the USA.

Quote:
Even Jesse Jackson said a few years ago, “There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”
Jesse Jackson fears black youths: racism? - The Race Card Project
I have never heard of the website shown in above in the quote from JJ I posted. It was a result of a google search when I looked for JJ's comment which is also shown in the above quote.

Quote:
All poor people of every color experience the same things, I guess black people are not supposed to experience them. Black are disproportionately poor because of discrimination, not slavery......So Bill and I agree there, I guess he forgot about those policies....from his hey day.

Basically Bill said all blacks are criminals and its okay to be afraid of them and not hire them. What a joke that guy is....

A hard working black man has to overcome so much garbage in this world its a damn shame.
Employers are looking to hire minorities. It's a priority of theirs.

I honestly don't know anyone, outside of a few uneducated racists, who want to keep a portion of the population feeling disenfranchised and angry. There is nothing to gain from that. It is bad for everyone.

Last edited by Greg_IA; 06-28-2015 at 09:26 AM..

Old 06-28-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Either Bill O'Reily or his audience doesn't like Black people and that's why he can't tell the truth.

What Will, Steele and O'Reilly failed to mention is the exacting truth that white Americans are just as likely to be killed by other whites. According to Justice Department statistics (pdf), 84 percent of white people killed every year are killed by other whites.
White-on-White Crime: It Goes Against the False Media Narrative - The Root

POVERTY, NOT RACE, TIED TO HIGH CRIME RATES IN URBAN COMMUNITIES
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Violent crime rates have more to do with poverty levels in a neighborhood than with the race of local residents, new research has found.
A study of Columbus neighborhoods found that violent crime rates in extremely disadvantaged white neighborhoods were very similar to rates in comparable Black neighborhoods.
The violent crime rate in highly disadvantaged Black areas was 22 per 1,000 residents, not much different from the 20 per 1,000 rate in similar white communities.
nf/poverty & crime/FEBRUARY

Love those articles. Bravo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies