Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 10:08 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
More lemmings that never gave a second thought to this flag 2 weeks ago.

Hooray for Faux outrage.
That would be a false notion, I grew up in the South and have seen the Confederate flag used as a symbol of racism and hatred, I have always supported its removal from government grounds, it just happens that it is a current topic in the news therefore a common theme on a current events forum site.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:15 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That would be a false notion, I grew up in the South and have seen the Confederate flag used as a symbol of racism and hatred..
And something tells me you've seen the flag NOT used as a symbol of racism/hatred a hell of a lot more times than it has.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:16 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,698 times
Quote:
Well I guess you can enjoy your hatred for the region you live in if that flag that represents the region bothers you that much. And I am sure someone in Portland and in Oregon has advocated for secession, but they would be the minority, unlike the treasonous Southerners that actually attempted to secede from the Union.
I hate traitors with the Cascadia flag, not Portland

Old 06-27-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
And something tells me you've seen the flag NOT used as a symbol of racism/hatred a hell of a lot more times than it has.
I bet you are wrong.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:24 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
I bet you are wrong.
Like you would admit it anyway.

Keep rolling with that faux outrage.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I hate traitors with the Cascadia flag, not Portland
Okay, you are free to hate whomever you want. Though considering those in the Northwest as traitors because you are mad about what is happening to the Confederate flag right now is just silly, but hey, if it makes you feel hateful to others for no good reason, then have fun with that.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Like you would admit it anyway.

Keep rolling with that faux outrage.
Like you even know me or my life experiences, though it doesn't really matter.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:39 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,225,244 times
Quote:
That would be a false notion, I grew up in the South and have seen the Confederate flag used as a symbol of racism and hatred, I have always supported its removal from government grounds, it just happens that it is a current topic in the news therefore a common theme on a current events forum site.
I've spent many years living in both Alabama and Georgia and have never seen it used as a symbol of racism and hatred, hmmmm weird. Most of the time I saw it, it was in flying at someones house, on a vehicle or on a tee-shirt. You see someone attacking blacks while waving the Confederate flag or something? I think someone has seen to many pics of the Klan during the early twentieth century.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
I've spent many years living in both Alabama and Georgia and have never seen it used as a symbol of racism and hatred, hmmmm weird. Most of the time I saw it, it was in flying at someones house, on a vehicle or on a tee-shirt. You see someone attacking blacks while waving the Confederate flag or something? I think someone has seen to many pics of the Klan during the early twentieth century.
Well I have no interest in going into detail of my experiences when I lived in Virginia with some random person online who probably would ignore it anyways. If your experiences differ from mine, then there isn't anything I can say that would change that.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:47 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
So because the SCOTUS didn't agree with you, that must mean it was bad decisions? Who knew people marrying the one they love would be considered as a bad thing. Right wing logic never makes any sense.
Didn't agree with me?

Thank you. This post of yours is exactly what I am talking about.

I have always supported gay marriage.

What I don't support is the SCOTUS. Not when it takes the liberty to rule in favor of popular opinion while taking state's rights away at the same time.

No one should.

Slippery slope to travel down….because when the SCOTUS is full of Conservatives judges, the liberal judges already set precedents. HUGE precedents.

Quote:
Oh and last time I checked, marriage is about "feelings." I married my wife because I felt I loved her and my feelings told me she was the right person for me to spend the rest of my life with. Do you not use your "feelings" when making some decisions? I am willing to bet your frustration with the SCOTUS decisions is rooted more in "feelings" than "logic."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies