Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 08:43 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times

Advertisements

........everyone knows every racial or ethnic group, or all peoples from all walks of life fall short of the glory, but c'mon......just my opinion and view...attitude, be like Usher, Kanye West, Kobe Bryant, Wayne Brady, etc...and lead a positive, successful, and fruitful life...get a college degree, or a city job, etc.. it is a choice, or walk with the devil. We all got choices...

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 06-28-2015 at 09:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 09:59 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"Black culture" condemns education, two parent families, hard work, and aspirations to "leave the plantation".

Unfortunately, modern "black culture" is a gross deviation from "black culture" of the pre-Johnson "Great Society" era. Keep in mind that in the 1920s, 85% of black families were two parent families. There was no celebration of "gangsta" behavior, violence, or a drug culture. There was no perpetual welfare state.

Blacks who condemn "black culture" are no different than most whites (with the exception of those whites who embrace "redneck" culture).

I see no difference between black "gangsta" culture and white "redneck" culture, as both condemn education, hard work, independence, and strong family values. Both sets of "values" are corrosive and detrimental to its advocates.
Well I'm college educated, came from a two parent family, and I work hard but do you know what? I've never been on a plantation! It's funny how conservatives whites believe they are the foremost experts on black culture.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:05 PM

18 posts, read 9,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Not that it applies to every black person, of course. But you cannot deny whites are more privileged in general.
Privilege
Legal ethics
A privilege is a special entitlement to immunity granted by the state or another authority to a restricted group, either by birth or on a conditional basis. Land-titles and taxi medallions are pronounced examples of transferable privilege.

Where does any state or other authority grant special entitlements to whites? The only entitlements rolling around these days are to anyone who can come up with a big enough (or loud enough) minority to make people feel sorry for them.

Doesn't even have to be a minority when you come down to it. There's more women than men, but it's women who have legal "privileges."

Old 06-28-2015, 10:13 PM

18 posts, read 9,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's not that they are blocked....it's just jobs are hard to get. And living in a poor neighborhood doesn't give you many opportunities.
And the government just keeps making it worse. Although I can see an interesting twist on the latest, not quite so talked about SCOTUS ruling where they said that disparate impact was sufficient to "prove" racist motivations.

Minimum wage laws disparately affect young black men and reduce their employment opportunities more than any other groups. Does that make minimum wage laws unconstitutional? That would be the logical conclusion. But who expects logic from politicians and the courts these days are almost as political a position as any other high profile government job.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:27 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,123 times
I see this tug of war going on where this site is being used as a platform to even the score for prejudiced white people who seem to be trying to prove that black people also do bad things. Well guess what? Contrary to what media-fed hatemongers promote, yes black people are as human as the next homo-sapien. They make mistakes, misjudge and even break the law sometimes, just like other people. Not nearly as much as some posters on here would have you believe, nor do they control this country, invent fighting or
rioting.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
This has been explained to you and others multiple times, however at this point it's just about being obtuse.

There is outrage among blacks at the local levels regarding black on black crime, and none of you are around blacks unless you absolutely have to be, so you wouldn't know otherwise. So stop asking your rhetorical questions that you think you know the answer to. I've been at community meetings when there was a black man gunned down by another black man, among other issues.

Your beef on what gets pushed in the media is not the fault, nor the choice of blacks.

Shame such things have to be explained to adults. And it's always the least qualified who always open their mouth, unsolicited, and speak on behalf of people they don't know.
I watched MSNBC last week and yes you are right, they sure do push hate on all sides.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:26 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
wow, so good grades is considered a white thing. What kind of grades must he get to act black?
Honestly in middle and highschool white, black and latino kids routinely called me a oreo which is what they call a black person that supposedly acts white. Black people are far from the only group who feel its appropriate to tell black people to stay in there place, socially or education wise. The last person to call me an oreo was a white latina boss of mine.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:42 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
How is the country supposed to take "blacklivesmatter" seriously when black people dont seem to think that black lives matter unless a white person is involved?
Nobody takes it seriously. It's a farse established as a way to loot, pillage and steal while attempting to justify the behavior..

Old 06-28-2015, 11:46 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,187 times
Why is this news? This thread is based on the misconception that this behavior is common. It is also based on the idea that non black kids (Latinos, whites, etc.) Don't beat up smart (nerdy) kids. If this were true, there'd be a lot less shot up schools.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:31 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
Why is this news? This thread is based on the misconception that this behavior is common. It is also based on the idea that non black kids (Latinos, whites, etc.) Don't beat up smart (nerdy) kids. If this were true, there'd be a lot less shot up schools.
No it's based on the conception that per capita it's more common that blacks engage in that kind of behavior.

Last edited by mm4; 06-29-2015 at 01:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies