Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 02:41 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGeXkUeroKw

It is tough to argue against his point that they have 'rewritten the text of Obamacare.' That is incontrovertibly what happened here. The Executive and the Court rewrote the law. They "willfully ignored the words that Congress wrote...."

Part of my job as a union rep is to enforce contract language. There has to be a common agreement that words mean what they say in order for it to work. If an arbitrator ruled on my contract similar to how the SCOTUS ruled on Obamacare, I think that I would take my ball and go home.

If law/rules don't necessarily mean what they say, we no longer have rule of law but are back to rule of men. We're back to the 18th century form of government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 04:48 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGeXkUeroKw

It is tough to argue against his point that they have 'rewritten the text of Obamacare.' That is incontrovertibly what happened here. The Executive and the Court rewrote the law. They "willfully ignored the words that Congress wrote...."

Part of my job as a union rep is to enforce contract language. There has to be a common agreement that words mean what they say in order for it to work. If an arbitrator ruled on my contract similar to how the SCOTUS ruled on Obamacare, I think that I would take my ball and go home.

If law/rules don't necessarily mean what they say, we no longer have rule of law but are back to rule of men. We're back to the 18th century form of government.

We are repeatedly seeing this now.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:05 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
He's right.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:17 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
He's wrong.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:22 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,509 times
Quote:
If law/rules don't necessarily mean what they say, we no longer have rule of law but are back to rule of men.
Apparently this doesn't apply to Canadian born Ted Raphael Cruz

lol...its like john kerry lecturing on flipflopping or Clinton lecturing on morals...what a joke

Old 06-28-2015, 08:14 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Apparently this doesn't apply to Canadian born Ted Raphael Cruz

lol...its like john kerry lecturing on flipflopping or Clinton lecturing on morals...what a joke
I have wondered whether there would be a birther brigade in response to the Cruz campaign. Looks like the answer is yes.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:15 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
In a thread about one year ago I made a statement that the SCOTUS has done more harm to liberty, giving government rights while striping out rights of the people from the constitution. I didn't get much support, if any. At times reversing decades of president and case law by opinion, as the political leanings of the court change with new appointments.
Now we have this ruling.

Can you imagine what some student in law school, studying contracts and statutes must be thinking. Law has always been about language, and the structure of it, and is it's own language. It has always been about definitions of legal language. If it were not so. No one would bother to refer to "Blacks Law Dictionary". The first edition would have never been needed and now in its 10 edition.
It seems to the casual observer that the court is a collective of Harry Potters each with a hand on the "Magic Wand" each reciting their own spells and walla ( there you have it ). They pull the rabbit out of a hat. It's not a rabbit you can eat or even stomach but one you will have to live with. It will out live you, and may never die. We are nothing more than a brain dead vegetable, such as a carrot, pulled from the womb of the earth to feed the rabbit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black's_Law_Dictionary

When you think of the government we have today it looks more like a pirate ship. The goal is the same. To take treasure from the rightful owners. Once they spot a target ( general public ) they maneuver to pass and send a broadside of cannon ( legislation-Bills ) in order to prepare it for boarding. They only scuttle the ship and send it to the bottom after removing all the treasure. But the general public is large and they have lots of ships loaded with treasure. So the pirates are never without a target. If you are up-set by this decision, it's only because you feel that this time it was your ship, or a ship that you had treasure on, that was scuttled.

Last edited by phma; 06-28-2015 at 08:59 PM..

Old 06-28-2015, 09:06 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I have wondered whether there would be a birther brigade in response to the Cruz campaign. Looks like the answer is yes.
absolutely. but the vast majority of them have been the pre-existing "de vattel" birthers held over from obama.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:17 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He's wrong.
Why? Because your leftist political masters told you so?

Old 06-28-2015, 10:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Breaking the oath of office is treason to the American people..... Thomas Jefferson.

It has never been the job of the SC to re-write laws, only to interpret what is actually written.
Re-writing laws to suit what they feel it is suppose to mean, puts every amendment in the constitution in jeopardy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies