Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 08:23 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Now it's new lawsuits to force every church to perform gay weddings. There is even legislation to remove church's tax exempt status if they deny a request for a wedding from a gay couple. The Pope should reconsider if climate change is the biggest issue impacting the church. It's now the war on religion (well certain religions).
If churches don't have to marry black and white couples, why should they have to marry gay ones? Lawsuits will likely get thrown out or lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 08:34 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Indeed. Half a century after Civil Rights were passed, the liberals are still making race a central political issue. There hasn't been a serious Republican candidate in decades who has advocated any racial policies, and yet they're still trying to scare up votes by warning about the imminent return of Jim Crow if you don't vote Democrat. But that's how liberalism thrives. They create an enemy and then drum up support by crusading against that enemy. If the way they've handled race is any indication, then come the year 2040 or so they will still be trying to get votes by calling Republicans homophobes.
Exactly, liberals never, ever stop attacking all things traditional, free speech, personal accountability and responsibility, and attacking males and whites and trying to change the US demographics etc.

Liberal/progressives never shut up and never stop. But conservatives are suppose to shut up and just give up lol? You can't make this stuff up.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:43 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,887,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
That would be great but it is not going to stop here. Id like it to, but what I have seen from the bullies tells me they are not yet satisfied. Some even thrived off feeling or giving the impression that they are "oppressed". I believe some of them will still try and push forward towards religious institutions. It remains to be seen how long it will take for them to get the media/hollywood on board with really going after religious places. I think it will take a little while but eventually, the anti-religious left will back the movement. Could be 5 years, 10, or even longer. But it will happen sooner or later.

1A protects the people from religion as well as protecting religion from the government. Government cannot force religion to do anything as there is no national religion. It's enumerated.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:46 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,887,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The better question is, will the right wingers let this go and let others be happy?

You mean gay, correct?

Old 06-29-2015, 08:55 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times
I'd be really curious to know just how many of the liberal same sex marriage supporter's here are actually gay? Or are the ones continually beating their chest about the victory merely bandwagon jumpers. Because of all my gay friends (and yes I have several) none of them are as poor a winner's as the group here. They have much more class........ They know that we will remain friends, and understand that I merely think that both sides of the issue have justifiable concerns...

Old 06-29-2015, 08:55 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Two major victories for the left last week should calm the waters now.

Can we at last coexist? If you're gay, please don't expect someone with Christian beliefs to officiate your wedding. Don't go after the Catholic Church trying to force them to marry you under the banner of bigotry. Please, no more threads on how unaffordable healthcare is......you all supported the obamacare lie, live with it.
Nope.

We're just getting started!

Old 06-29-2015, 08:57 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I'd be really curious to know just how many of the liberal same sex marriage supporter's here are actually gay? Or are the ones continually beating their chest about the victory merely bandwagon jumpers. Because of all my gay friends (and yes I have several) none of them are as poor a winner's as the group here. They have much more class........ They know that we will remain friends, and understand that I merely think that both sides of the issue have justifiable concerns...
Do you need a hanky??

Old 06-29-2015, 08:59 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Do you need a hanky??
Okay... I'll play..... No thank you. Bless your heart.......

Old 06-30-2015, 06:33 AM

57,221 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Nothing that one person believes trumps my religious freedom.
How does issuing a marriage license to all impact your religious freedom.

The issue is over and you ask why it doesn't go away and then states like TX come up with things like this, they can't accept the decision.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:36 AM

57,221 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Exactly, liberals never, ever stop attacking all things traditional, free speech, personal accountability and responsibility, and attacking males and whites and trying to change the US demographics etc.

Liberal/progressives never shut up and never stop. But conservatives are suppose to shut up and just give up lol? You can't make this stuff up.
Well not allowing women and blacks the right to vote was traditional until it was struck down in the courts.

You need to stay focused, the issue is equal treatment of individuals under the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies