Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 04:04 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times

Advertisements

People please. Stop mentioning race. If the victim of the crime isn't black then there is no need to mention race so STOP it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 04:06 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,262 times
Good thing you mentioned she was black otherwise this thread would not have gotten 140 replies. OP has mastered click bait

Old 07-02-2015, 04:30 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
liberals also need to ask themselves why the incarceration rate for blacks was alot lower in the 1960 than it is today?
Liberal politics did more to damage the black family in America than anything the KKK could have dreamed of.

"Life free as long as dad isn't around" worked out really well.

Boys without dads can end up as real animals and I don't care what race it is.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:35 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ambitious View Post
I love the black community and I was just pointing out issues that we have. I grew up in the worst of the worst neighborhoods. I've lived in Parkway Gardens complex and also outside of the city in Ford Heights, IL. So trust me, I come from the bottom. I will never down where I came from and my best friends and family still live in those places.

I was just stating that the no snitching/anti police attitude is a problem and you just acted as if it doesn't exist. How do we solve problems and better the community if we don't acknowledge that the problems exists to begin with. Everyday I try to posts something inspirational on facebook, like drugs aren't the only way to make money and just showing how education is important, things to uplift the community. I know its only a facebook post but I just try to show that I care.
A race can't have "issues". The only way is if you believe skin color determines behavior. Any "issues" aren't collective black racial issues, but American society issues.

Stop snitching doesn't exist. Only racists believe it does.

The basic lie of stop snitching depends on the belief that black people are Immoral degenerates who see murder and won't report it.

To believe this lie you have to think lowly of black people.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:40 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
This will be my last post by the way, you two can continue carrying on. You guys are coming off as if I am anti black. If only you understood the context of my initial post. The OP stated that this was another black teen committing a crime. He passed it off as if it was just part of the norm. I then posted that a crime like the video could be committed by any race. I then stated that gangs and drugs are actually the biggest reasons crimes are committed, not one off incidents like the video. If you actually paid attention, I am saying that most poor blacks are actually not responsible for the crime that goes on in the neighborhoods, only a few are(gangs/drug dealers). I also stated that the no snitch/anti police mentality is also an issue and is setting the communities back further and hindering police from curbing crime. All my other posts were to support those statements.

I am one who will tell them that they can be great and achieve anything, especially here in America. I am one who wants to counterinfluence the gang/drug culture. People always come to me for advice. I merely stated the major problem in our community and the major contributor to black on black violence and crime in general. Not once did I down the communities that I dearly love, or speak any ill about them. You guys need to take comprehension classes.

I barely had any reps before this thread, as I don't post much. Thanks for all the reps everyone.
There is no such thing as black on black crime. There is only crime. That's it.

There is no such thing as stop snitching being a thing amongst black people.

The rest of your post was ok as far as it goes, but black people don't need you to save them.

Plus, you can't save them.

All we need collectively are more and better opportunities in education, housing, jobs, and fair treatment in the criminal justice.

If those things happened and we can make those things happen, everything is a lot better.

We need to let go of the racist idea of fixing the broken black race.

We need to fix and lessen American systematic racism.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:53 PM

574 posts, read 689,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
There is no such thing as black on black crime. There is only crime. That's it.

There is no such thing as stop snitching being a thing amongst black people.

The rest of your post was ok as far as it goes, but black people don't need you to save them.

Plus, you can't save them.

All we need collectively are more and better opportunities in education, housing, jobs, and fair treatment in the criminal justice.

If those things happened and we can make those things happen, everything is a lot better.

We need to let go of the racist idea of fixing the broken black race.

We need to fix and lessen American systematic racism.
I can agree with this. The only thing is that I'm not trying to save them, its more like inspire them, set an example through my action, in a way that many people inspired me. But great points.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
A race can't have "issues". The only way is if you believe skin color determines behavior. Any "issues" aren't collective black racial issues, but American society issues.

Stop snitching doesn't exist. Only racists believe it does.

The basic lie of stop snitching depends on the belief that black people are Immoral degenerates who see murder and won't report it.

To believe this lie you have to think lowly of black people.
I agree withe the first point. I disagree with everything else. Stop snitching does exist, but it shouldn't it shouldn't be considered as a black thing, but a people thing. I can agree to disagree.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:29 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,484 times
Quote:
This will be my last post by the way, you two can continue carrying on. You guys are coming off as if I am anti black. If only you understood the context of my initial post. The OP stated that this was another black teen committing a crime. He passed it off as if it was just part of the norm. I then posted that a crime like the video could be committed by any race. I then stated that gangs and drugs are actually the biggest reasons crimes are committed, not one off incidents like the video. If you actually paid attention, I am saying that most poor blacks are actually not responsible for the crime that goes on in the neighborhoods, only a few are(gangs/drug dealers). I also stated that the no snitch/anti police mentality is also an issue and is setting the communities back further and hindering police from curbing crime. All my other posts were to support those statements.

I am one who will tell them that they can be great and achieve anything, especially here in America. I am one who wants to counterinfluence the gang/drug culture. People always come to me for advice. I merely stated the major problem in our community and the major contributor to black on black violence and crime in general. Not once did I down the communities that I dearly love, or speak any ill about them. You guys need to take comprehension classes.

I barely had any reps before this thread, as I don't post much. Thanks for all the reps everyone.
Quote:
I can agree with this. The only thing is that I'm not trying to save them, its more like inspire them, set an example through my action, in a way that many people inspired me. But great points.
Quote:
I agree withe the first point. I disagree with everything else. Stop snitching does exist, but it shouldn't it shouldn't be considered as a black thing, but a people thing. I can agree to disagree.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post

Lol that poster made some great points I couldn't hold back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies